1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby blurbz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:03 am

MBZags wrote:UIUC people - did he e-mail you, or is your grade posted on Banner?

BTW, congrats Kilpatrick.


Same section and same grade as Kilpatrick in Ks...I'm excited...but also hoping it bodes well for the rest.... We'll see!

MBZags--he emailed us and invited us to email him. He said he turned grades in and got our name/exam number info so he could tell people early. Yeah, he's pretty badass.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby IAFG » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:12 am

blurbz wrote:
MBZags wrote:UIUC people - did he e-mail you, or is your grade posted on Banner?

BTW, congrats Kilpatrick.


Same section and same grade as Kilpatrick in Ks...I'm excited...but also hoping it bodes well for the rest.... We'll see!

MBZags--he emailed us and invited us to email him. He said he turned grades in and got our name/exam number info so he could tell people early. Yeah, he's pretty badass.

I don't even go to UIUC and I checked my email in response to this... Gah waiting

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6045
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Stanford4Me » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:13 am

IAFG wrote:
blurbz wrote:
MBZags wrote:UIUC people - did he e-mail you, or is your grade posted on Banner?

BTW, congrats Kilpatrick.


Same section and same grade as Kilpatrick in Ks...I'm excited...but also hoping it bodes well for the rest.... We'll see!

MBZags--he emailed us and invited us to email him. He said he turned grades in and got our name/exam number info so he could tell people early. Yeah, he's pretty badass.

I don't even go to UIUC and I checked my email in response to this... Gah waiting

Yeah, I was about to check my grade system but then I remembered how much my Ks professor doesn't care about us.

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Rand M. » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:26 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
IAFG wrote:
blurbz wrote:
MBZags wrote:UIUC people - did he e-mail you, or is your grade posted on Banner?

BTW, congrats Kilpatrick.


Same section and same grade as Kilpatrick in Ks...I'm excited...but also hoping it bodes well for the rest.... We'll see!

MBZags--he emailed us and invited us to email him. He said he turned grades in and got our name/exam number info so he could tell people early. Yeah, he's pretty badass.

I don't even go to UIUC and I checked my email in response to this... Gah waiting

Yeah, I was about to check my grade system but then I remembered how much my Ks professor doesn't care about us.


Lol. I'm not even sure where they are going to put my grades. I'm pretty sure no one even mentioned the grade system yet. :evil: Jealous of the UIUC gang for the quick turnaround; that is nice.

User avatar
Gamecubesupreme
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:44 am

Every day, I think of issues that I missed on the exam.

Sometimes I will even dream about things that I should have written.

I am going to have a nervous breakdown soon, I swear.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:46 am

Gamecubesupreme wrote:Every day, I think of issues that I missed on the exam.

Sometimes I will even dream about things that I should have written.

I am going to have a nervous breakdown soon, I swear.


Sounds like somebody needs to be doing a better job of keeping their BAC up to a respectable level.

User avatar
evilxs
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby evilxs » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:51 am

Kilpatrick wrote:My Ks professor is crazy and finished grading already. I got an A!

I felt like shit after that exam too. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.



Awesome freaking news!!!!! Congrats man, well deserved! :)

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:13 am

blurbz wrote:Same section and same grade as Kilpatrick in Ks...I'm excited...but also hoping it bodes well for the rest.... We'll see!

Grats dude.


:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
as stars burn
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby as stars burn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:23 am

Gamecubesupreme wrote:Every day, I think of issues that I missed on the exam.

Sometimes I will even dream about things that I should have written.

I am going to have a nervous breakdown soon, I swear.


lol, same here.

However, congrats to those at UIUC who got the A's in Ks. I'm definitely jealous though...I want a grade early and I want it to be an A :(

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6045
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Stanford4Me » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:Every day, I think of issues that I missed on the exam.

Sometimes I will even dream about things that I should have written.

I am going to have a nervous breakdown soon, I swear.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but two nights ago I had a dream that made me realize I answered a question partially wrong w/ regard to the New Jersey standard for rape. It's nothing that would change anything major, I just realized it through a dream. How sad.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby goosey » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:11 pm

our graded open memos are available for pickup. I am not on campus...and cant be on campus becuase I like so far away. ashdkjshads. I want my grade. considering calling the secretary and asking for it. obnoxious?

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
Gamecubesupreme wrote:Every day, I think of issues that I missed on the exam.

Sometimes I will even dream about things that I should have written.

I am going to have a nervous breakdown soon, I swear.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but two nights ago I had a dream that made me realize I answered a question partially wrong w/ regard to the New Jersey standard for rape. It's nothing that would change anything major, I just realized it through a dream. How sad.

I have exam/outlining dreams like every night. It's horrifying.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby goosey » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
Gamecubesupreme wrote:Every day, I think of issues that I missed on the exam.

Sometimes I will even dream about things that I should have written.

I am going to have a nervous breakdown soon, I swear.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but two nights ago I had a dream that made me realize I answered a question partially wrong w/ regard to the New Jersey standard for rape. It's nothing that would change anything major, I just realized it through a dream. How sad.

I have exam/outlining dreams like every night. It's horrifying.


same. the other day I had a semi-panic attack in my sleep because in the middle of a totally non-law school related dream I realized I did not mention non mutal issue preclusion...and how many points that would be worth...woke up from the panic and in a conscious state realized that the issue on the exam was claim preclusion not issue preclusion, thus non mutual was not even an issue.

they need to make law exams like the gre and basically just have ur score pop on the screen after youre done..which is impossible, but a girl can wish

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby keg411 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
Gamecubesupreme wrote:Every day, I think of issues that I missed on the exam.

Sometimes I will even dream about things that I should have written.

I am going to have a nervous breakdown soon, I swear.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but two nights ago I had a dream that made me realize I answered a question partially wrong w/ regard to the New Jersey standard for rape. It's nothing that would change anything major, I just realized it through a dream. How sad.


Welcome to the club. I've been having dreams like that. It's awful.
Last edited by keg411 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baylan
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Baylan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:21 pm

goosey wrote:our graded open memos are available for pickup. I am not on campus...and cant be on campus becuase I like so far away. ashdkjshads. I want my grade. considering calling the secretary and asking for it. obnoxious?


Getting the grade isn't gonna do anything for you, so... "meh."

Avoid it. DOn't worry about it til after your last exam.

Kobe_Teeth
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:28 pm

A lot of the dialogue in my dreams has been replaced with random BLL. Rules from different classes are being used as a salutations and dinner conversations and the like. Its weird and annoying.

A friend and I both also complained of waking up in the morning and our mind is already in the middle of a law-related sentence.

But that has stopped since exams have been over. Yay.

PS... A- in LRW!

User avatar
Merr
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Merr » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
Gamecubesupreme wrote:Every day, I think of issues that I missed on the exam.

Sometimes I will even dream about things that I should have written.

I am going to have a nervous breakdown soon, I swear.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but two nights ago I had a dream that made me realize I answered a question partially wrong w/ regard to the New Jersey standard for rape. It's nothing that would change anything major, I just realized it through a dream. How sad.

I have exam/outlining dreams like every night. It's horrifying.


I have a re-occurring nightmare in which I fail Civ Pro because I have confused rule 23 class actions and rule 26 discovery. It is not rational at all, but it scares the crap out of me until I wake up.

beast510
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:30 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby beast510 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:09 pm

I felt like I did shit in almost every exam. Hopefully I don't have to drop out next semester. Plus it's such a pain in my ass that I don't know where the grades will be published...

User avatar
happy187
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby happy187 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:09 pm

profs told us that we won't be getting grades at the soonest after the new year. waiting sux

sdlaw
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby sdlaw » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:11 pm

danidancer wrote:Yes! Something else to obsess over! Our grades come back January 10, and with 3 finals down and 1 to go, I honestly wouldn't be surprised with straight As or straight Cs. Seriously, seriously, seriously hoping I'm not below median.



This x 10000000. This is the truest thing I've read since beginning law school. You can feel like you did well and come out with an A or a C depending on how you came out one issue or even subtler facts if the grading scale is especially tight. Just hoping I'm not below median is all I can hope for. Can't wait till this 1L year is done and my fate is sealed.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby keg411 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:18 pm

happy187 wrote:profs told us that we won't be getting grades at the soonest after the new year. waiting sux


We got an email from the school saying the soonest we will get grades is 1/3; after that it's 30 days after each final. Going to be a painfully slow January.

Kobe_Teeth
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:21 pm

I think they wait that long so as to not ruin Christmas...

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7235
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby beach_terror » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:24 pm

keg411 wrote:
happy187 wrote:profs told us that we won't be getting grades at the soonest after the new year. waiting sux


We got an email from the school saying the soonest we will get grades is 1/3; after that it's 30 days after each final. Going to be a painfully slow January.

Grades here aren't even due until 1/14 - it'll probably be a solid week or two after that until we get them.

User avatar
uzpakalis
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby uzpakalis » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Would you pay 60k for a JD from a mid tier 2 (graduating below median)?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby keg411 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:41 pm

uzpakalis wrote:Would you pay 60k for a JD from a mid tier 2 (graduating below median)?


I'll let you know after I see my grades :lol:.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cdotson2, Itwasluck, stig2014 and 7 guests