1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SmittenMitten

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby SmittenMitten » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:32 pm

weee wrote:In for waiting, no predicting

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:03 am

humdrum wrote:Are there any NYU-ers out there? Is it true our grades don't get posted until February?!

WUT

Where did you hear this? I mean it's plausible since our overall schedule is so late, but just cuz something's plausible doesn't mean I'm not going to CRY over it...

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:09 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
humdrum wrote:Are there any NYU-ers out there? Is it true our grades don't get posted until February?!

WUT

Where did you hear this? I mean it's plausible since our overall schedule is so late, but just cuz something's plausible doesn't mean I'm not going to CRY over it...

NYUer here, I was told grades won't be posted AT LEAST until January 23.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:14 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:

WUT

That's the kind of time I was assuming, like first or second week of classes... February would be a bummer even though I guess it's not that much longer.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:35 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:That's the kind of time I was assuming, like first or second week of classes... February would be a bummer even though I guess it's not that much longer.

Yeah. I just think it's going to suck/be awkward getting grades when we're all back in school. They should do it over break so we have time to personally celebrate/mourn our victory/defeat.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:40 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:That's the kind of time I was assuming, like first or second week of classes... February would be a bummer even though I guess it's not that much longer.

Yeah. I just think it's going to suck/be awkward getting grades when we're all back in school. They should do it over break so we have time to personally celebrate/mourn our victory/defeat.

We get ours one week before we go back to school, so I guess that is one week of celebration/mourning before we have to face each other again.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:46 am

BriaTharen wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:

We get ours one week before we go back to school, so I guess that is one week of celebration/mourning before we have to face each other again.
God that would be amazing. I don't wanna show up in class with puffy red eyes one morning and try to claim that something tragic coincidentally happened on Grade Night, lol. (Clarification: in this scenario I am crying because of my actual grades, and not because it turns out grades come out a week later than I was expecting them to.)

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:09 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
BriaTharen wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:

God that would be amazing. I don't wanna show up in class with puffy red eyes one morning and try to claim that something tragic coincidentally happened on Grade Night, lol. (Clarification: in this scenario I am crying because of my actual grades, and not because it turns out grades come out a week later than I was expecting them to.)

Oh, that might happen. They are claiming they are supposed to come out on Jan. 5th, but last year they were late. Just watch it happen again.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:13 am

Our grades come out the first weekend of the 2nd semester, so after one week of class. Last year, our school had a big ski trip that weekend. Apparently, everyone got the email while on the bus that grades were up. Everyone with their phone went to checked. Then a loud groan made its way throughout the bus, with the random "YES!", but those were few and far between.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:15 am

dakatz wrote:Our grades come out the first weekend of the 2nd semester, so after one week of class. Last year, our school had a big ski trip that weekend. Apparently, everyone got the email while on the bus that grades were up. Everyone with their phone went to checked. Then a loud groan made its way throughout the bus, with the random "YES!", but those were few and far between.

What idiot said "Yes!"? Way to be one of the most hated people on the ski trip.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:16 am

BriaTharen wrote:
dakatz wrote:Our grades come out the first weekend of the 2nd semester, so after one week of class. Last year, our school had a big ski trip that weekend. Apparently, everyone got the email while on the bus that grades were up. Everyone with their phone went to checked. Then a loud groan made its way throughout the bus, with the random "YES!", but those were few and far between.

What idiot said "Yes!"? Way to be one of the most hated people on the ski trip.

Yeah, the d-bag must have been the victim of quite a few "accidental" bumps and trips on the ski hills.

Postby 98234872348 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:34 am

Is this the "I think I'm getting a 4.0" thread?

Oh wait, this is 2L, isn't it...

Can someone show me to the "I think I'm getting a 3.0" thread?

Edit: oh, found it here.
Last edited by 98234872348 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Mine get released one at a time as each professor finishes grading and turns in their grades. I heard last year the first grade appeared right before Christmas for my section, and then 2 weeks of nothing, and then a whole slew of them up till 2nd week of January. I hope the contracts professor gets them all done and graded early again this year. Would be nice to get one grade for Christmas.

humdrum

Postby humdrum » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:

WUT

OK, late Jan is not bad. I will be happy to bask in ignorant bliss during the break. I just want some indication of where I stand for summer job apps.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Even though my school's website says grades come out basically whenever the profs feel like it, I'm in.

LRW: B+
Ks: B
Civ Pro: B+
Property: B

Basically, the further I get from the test date the worse I am convinced I did. Srsly hoping to get median pwned!

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:37 pm

I can't not think about it. I might put my exams on a flash drive, delete them from my laptop and give the flashdrive to a friend, lest I re-read them at home. This is awful.

uci2013

Postby uci2013 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:10 pm

No way do I look at my grades in front of other students, no matter how curious I am. I want time for the bad to sink in and to privately celebrate the good rather than rub it in anyone's face. My plan is to look on the first Friday night after grades are posted, so I have a weekend to either celebrate or mourn. I do not like the idea of sharing grades, or reactions to them. And the "Yes!" is tacky but I can see reacting without thinking and doing the same thing if I looked and saw an "A" or even less likely an "A+"

I hear the curve in general tends to be pretty tight here so I expect grades to be from a B to an A- with anything else a real shocker. Where in the B to A- range - who knows?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:14 pm

uci2013 wrote:

No way do I look at my grades in front of other students, no matter how curious I am. I want time for the bad to sink in and to privately celebrate the good rather than rub it in anyone's face. My plan is to look on the first Friday night after grades are posted, so I have a weekend to either celebrate or mourn. I do not like the idea of sharing grades, or reactions to them. And the "Yes!" is tacky but I can see reacting without thinking and doing the same thing if I looked and saw an "A" or even less likely an "A+"

I hear the curve in general tends to be pretty tight here so I expect grades to be from a B to an A- with anything else a real shocker. Where in the B to A- range - who knows?

Agreed. I gotta be in my own little private place before I check grades. I don't care how anxious I am when I get the email. If I am with other people or in the school building, I am waiting for a private moment where I can take out my anger and frustration unimpeded, or perhaps bask in a private celebration if I'm lucky enough to do so.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:02 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:The goal of this of thread is public shaming when grades come out. So come on in and talk some shit about how you nailed it.

Only predictions in the A range or otherwise cocky/douchey comments go in the OP

List of Future Shame
D. H2Oman- A Contracts, A- Con Law
GeneralTso-A's in every class "fuck everyone at my school, i'm the fucking man"
Evilxs- A's Crim+Civ Pro+ Legal research
Motedust- "Crushed Contracts"
BarbellDreams- A range in Contracs
Omerta- A in torts, A- Civ Pro
NDirish2010- A- Crim
YamiR6- A- Torts, A Lawyering
Chicagolaw2013- Dominated torts and a fake class that doesn't count
Missinglink- A- Civpro, A Legal writing
Jcougar- A Property, A Contracts, A- LR
The Briatharen- Pwned some class I've never heard of
IAFG- BAC= .30, likely mental breakdown
Tywebb- A in torts, he typed almost twice as many words as the next highest person in the class (apparently he went around and asked for everyone's word count) Also predicting and A- on an exam he hasn't taken yet.
usuaggie- A- Torts
Gatriel- "A in every class or I'm voting Obama in 2012"
Goosey, A- Legal Writing, A in torts, Either way still gonna start the most random threads in this forum next semester
weee- "No predictions, but if I'm top 1/3 the whole thread gets my entire stash of NYGRRRL pictures"
Charles Barkley- After an Olympic Dream Team victory over Angola, in which they won 116-48, Charles got into a physical altercation with a member of Angola towards the end of the game, afterwards he says: "Somebody hits me, I'm going to hit him back. Even if it does look like he hasn't eaten in a couple weeks. I thought he was going to pull a spear on me."
SmittenMitten- She didn't make any predictions, but I predict a lot of stress induced vomiting and migranes
Stanford4me- Hopefully he did well enough to transfer so we can get this name issue solved once and for all

Come on people, I know most of you are cocky a-holes. Keep those soon to be failed predictions coming.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Discretionary C in civ pro. Potential alcohol poisoning.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:44 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Goosey, A- Legal Writing, A in torts, Either way still gonna start the most random threads in this forum next semester

lol, just saw this. jerk.

ps: i did not say in torts...thats a crapshoot. he doesnt grade with points, he grades on how it "feels" and one of his A answers in the past started with "um well ok.."

the A was civ pro [possibly]

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:01 pm

goosey wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:Goosey, A- Legal Writing, A in torts, Either way still gonna start the most random threads in this forum next semester

lol, just saw this. jerk.

:wink:

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:26 pm

My liver can't take too much more of this. Every night since the end of finals, been out drinking.

What's on tap tonight? More partying. I now understand that talk they gave us at the beginning of the year about how we might have a problem with "the other bar."

I feel a little better about Torts. Apparently some people spent tons of time talking about suing the State of Euphoria in their answer. For what I'm not sure.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:27 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Stanford4me- Hopefully he did well enough to transfer so we can get this name issue solved once and for all

I don't know what makes you more endearing, this or your Justin Bieber tars.

blackdragons

Postby blackdragons » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Checking In!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”