Removed

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Aldenita

Removed

Postby Aldenita » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Removed. Thanks
Last edited by Aldenita on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

random5483

Re: Help! Medical withdrawal from law school.

Postby random5483 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:50 pm

I am not an expert by any means, but if you did not complete a semester you should have no problem applying to a different law school. Your explanation seems like a good one and schools near where you live will probably understand your reasons for wanting to stay home.

Disclaimer: I am merely a law student and cannot claim to know how law school admission decisions are made.

Aldenita

Postby Aldenita » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Has anyone heard of someone who has been in a similar situation?

kxz

Postby kxz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:24 pm

I don't see why not. I'm guessing you would have to withdraw completely from your current law school because ABA only allows you to attend on institution at a time. You would probably have to reapply; Write an addendum with your reasons withdrawing from the previous law school though.

ntugwater

Postby ntugwater » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:09 am

Aldenita wrote:I have been a long time lurker on TLS, but have never actually posted on the forum. I'm seeking advice and not to be ridiculed, so please answer accordingly. Here it goes:

I chose to go to a T2 school because I was awarded a very generous scholarship offer. Not too far into my first semester (this semester), I was forced to withdraw for medical reasons. My school treated me with the utmost respect, ie they refunded all of my tuition and even gave me the option to return next year with my scholly. The only problem is that now that I have been forced to move back to my home state to undergo treatment, I have serious doubts about returning to my school. Getting sick has changed my perspective drastically and I'm not sure I want to be that far away from my family (the school I was attending is pretty much on the opposite side of the country from my home state). My question is this: is it possible to try to get into different schools and try to explain my reason for not wanting to return to my original law school or should I just suck it up and go back? Any advice is appreciated.

I don't see why it would be a problem. Don't return to your original school if you don't want to-- it's not worth it. Just be honest with them and thank them for making it easy for you.. maybe even ask what they'd recommend

kcg171

Postby kcg171 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:15 am

Obviously, since you're posting your question here, you don't want to ask your school, but I think if you ask them (and explain your good reason) that they will be able to give you an accurate answer and won't be offended or whatever you fear they might be. There are lots of people who will take your spot if you go somewhere else, and you not returning will free up some scholarship money. However, there might be some strange rule that law students don't know about, so just send an email to or call the person who worked with you to grant the medical leave, whichever you feel more comfortable doing, so that you can stop worrying about what your school might say and get on with your life.
*This is not meant to be mean at all; I worry about things way too much, so I am just giving advice that I'd like to get in the same situation.

Aldenita

Postby Aldenita » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:20 am

I got into U of Arizona last year with $. Do you think it's possible to get into U of A again or ASU with a 3.94/161?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”