Professor plagiarized final exam...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sundance95

Re: Professor plagiarized final exam...

Postby sundance95 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Borhas wrote:dude has one of the cushiest jobs ever, and he couldn't even create his own fucking exam. That's bull shit.

+1000. Word.

bostonian

Postby bostonian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

LjakW wrote:
bostonian wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:This happened @ NYU last year. I don't remember how it was handled . . . but someone(s) ended up reporting it to the administration. I'd report it, even if you don't get a grading change (which would be difficult to determine) the lazy professor would (hopefully) get some kind of rebuff or something.

I have that professor for contracts. Everyone's been wondering if he's going to do it again here.

Are people really wondering? I think he'd be nuts if he did it again.

I don't think anyone honestly believes he'll do it again. More like wishful thinking.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:19 pm

bostonian wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:This happened @ NYU last year. I don't remember how it was handled . . . but someone(s) ended up reporting it to the administration. I'd report it, even if you don't get a grading change (which would be difficult to determine) the lazy professor would (hopefully) get some kind of rebuff or something.

I have that professor for contracts. Everyone's been wondering if he's going to do it again here.

TBF, he didn't plagiarize an exam of the internet. He reused an old exam that was on reserve at his old school, and so people who knew people at the old school had seen it. Careless, yes, but lots of professors reuse exams, and its not the same as pulling a random question word for word off the internet.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Many professors use fact patterns that are similar to cases or older fact patterns in their exams. None of my professors used a fact pattern that was copied word for word; however, one of my two essays for Civ pro was largely based off the pebble beach case fact pattern.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Threads like this make me happy that my teachers aren't tenured and actually work their asses off writing fact patterns.

Shit is lame, I feel bad for people that this happens to.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:37 pm

random5483 wrote:Many professors use fact patterns that are similar to cases or older fact patterns in their exams. None of my professors used a fact pattern that was copied word for word; however, one of my two essays for Civ pro was largely based off the pebble beach case fact pattern.

In the case at my school, and from the way it sounds op's as well, were talking about a prof that googled "law school evidence exam," scrolled down to the fifth link, and then copy pasted to a word document.

kxz

Postby kxz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm glad my professor for crim isn't as lazy as this. . . she based it on current events which made the exam a little bit more enjoyable.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”