Drop out now?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Melkaba

Re: Drop out now?

Postby Melkaba » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:56 pm

BoSox0407 wrote:How poorly on these exams should i do before i consider leaving? im honestly more important in public policy/politics than practicing law. I know a JD is helpful but for 125K more??

You... You went to law school because of that? Dude, you would have had a tremendously more cost-effective and stress-free time just taking the GRE and getting into a grad school for public policy somewhere and worry about getting a JD later.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:57 pm

BoSox0407 wrote:How poorly on these exams should i do before i consider leaving? im honestly more important in public policy/politics than practicing law. I know a JD is helpful but for 125K more??

you're going to law school, but you don't want to be an attorney?

savagedm

Postby savagedm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:48 pm

uwb09 wrote:

you're going to law school, but you don't want to be an attorney?

Eh... politics is my end goal, which getting a law degree will help immensely with. However, if one is pursuing a law degree explicitly for this reason, then I would advise against it. Being an attorney can be fun if you enjoy it, it should not be merely a stepping stone.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”