Day before a final Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
crEEp

Bronze

Re: Day before a final

Post by crEEp » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:04 am

prezidentv8 wrote:As an aside, I've sort of started becoming one of those hippie types that thinks that testing/ranking/grades does not serve a useful purpose. This may be contributing to my lack of giving a flying shit.
I'm one of those types, but I take it to the next level with conspiracy theory bullshit. I just think something is up with PSAT/SAT/SAT II/ACT/LSAT/GRE/GMAT/MCAT/etc... Why don't we just hire a psychologist to give an IQ test in 1st-2nd grade, and another in 11th-12th grade? Your IQ won't change, and when combined with evidence of drive/passion/motivation, schools will have a much better basis for comparing students.

I mean honestly, how many of you will *really* remember the shit you learn from 1L torts when you apply for a job? Law school exams are inherently flawed for that reason. I think (1) reducing the number of law schools/law students and (2) requiring that students write two publishable papers per semester would be so much better than administering exams.

But I'm also a fucking lunatic.

BriaTharen

Silver

Re: Day before a final

Post by BriaTharen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:43 am

Have now come upon the day that is hardest to study IMO- the day before the last final. I'm still spent from all the other ones.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”