Binder for outline/notes/slides? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
84weeks

New

Binder for outline/notes/slides?

Post by 84weeks » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:29 pm

My exams are open book. In addition to the casebook we are allowed to bring in our outline, our class notes, and the class slides.

While my outline are between 15-20 pages, my class notes and slides average well over 100.

I hope not to have to refer to the latter two materials, but I want to have them with me for the worst-case scenario.

Do people just staple them together or hole punch and use a binder with tabs?

beach_terror

Platinum

Re: Binder for outline/notes/slides?

Post by beach_terror » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:49 pm

--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by beach_terror on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:50 pm

84weeks wrote:My exams are open book. In addition to the casebook we are allowed to bring in our outline, our class notes, and the class slides.

While my outline are between 15-20 pages, my class notes and slides average well over 100.

I hope not to have to refer to the latter two materials, but I want to have them with me for the worst-case scenario.

Do people just staple them together or hole punch and use a binder with tabs?
If you don't get this right you will definitely fail all your exams.

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Every time I see topics like this, I always wonder if the person asking the question turns out to be Top 10% material or Bottom 10%.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:Every time I see topics like this, I always wonder if the person asking the question turns out to be Top 10% material or Bottom 10%.
I think you're missing the other 80% in between

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:54 pm

make tabs as you try to figure out what to do.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:54 pm

You better go to the nearest printing store right now and get your outline laminated and hole-punched, and put it in a binder. Believe me, the last thing you want is an outline on non-laminated paper. You don't want to accidentally get markings on it that could gravely impair its usefulness on the exam. I accidentally ended up getting grease on the UCC 2-207 of my section of my contracts outline, and sure enough, that topic was tested on the exam, and I had no idea what to do because the text was all smeared and dirty and unreadable. I was lucky I managed to get a B in that class. You might think this doesn't matter, but I guarantee that everyone who makes law review at your school will have the most prestigious-looking outlines that exist. Don't even think of using staples. Otherwise, you're just asking to get below median.

84weeks

New

Post by 84weeks » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:23 pm

haha, ok. Point taken.

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:57 pm

beach_terror wrote:
Gamecubesupreme wrote:Every time I see topics like this, I always wonder if the person asking the question turns out to be Top 10% material or Bottom 10%.
No, they are what I classify as "normal."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LoriBelle

Bronze

Post by LoriBelle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:57 pm

beach_terror wrote:
No, this person is probably right. It's likely that only someone who is (1) completely on top of their stuff but neurotic a la the top 10% or (2) completely incompetent and desperate not to fail a la the bottom 10% would ask a question like this.

OP, I hope you're in the former group!

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:00 pm

LoriBelle wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
No, this person is probably right. It's likely that only someone who is (1) completely on top of their stuff but neurotic a la the top 10% or (2) completely incompetent and desperate not to fail a la the bottom 10% would ask a question like this.

--ImageRemoved--

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:03 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:05 pm

beach_terror wrote:
LoriBelle wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:07 pm

--ImageRemoved--

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Cavalier wrote:You better go to the nearest printing store right now and get your outline laminated and hole-punched, and put it in a binder. Believe me, the last thing you want is an outline on non-laminated paper. You don't want to accidentally get markings on it that could gravely impair its usefulness on the exam. I accidentally ended up getting grease on the UCC 2-207 of my section of my contracts outline, and sure enough, that topic was tested on the exam, and I had no idea what to do because the text was all smeared and dirty and unreadable. I was lucky I managed to get a B in that class. You might think this doesn't matter, but I guarantee that everyone who makes law review at your school will have the most prestigious-looking outlines that exist. Don't even think of using staples. Otherwise, you're just asking to get below median.
I've heard of someone doing this. For a closed book exam. Wish I was kidding.

84weeks

New

Post by 84weeks » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
No, they are what I classify as "normal."
Guess I'm normal. Ended up in the thick of the 80%.

Fast_Fingers

Silver

Post by Fast_Fingers » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Get a succinct outline, use many tabs. You won't have time to do more than the occasional consultation of the outline, let alone the slides & book. The goal is to keep typing continually in the exam, making sure you covered as many issues (or with sufficient depth...depends on the prof: consult his grading sheet or ask him personally) in your answer as possible.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”