How much sleep/night are 1Ls getting each day?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

How many hours of sleep/night are 1Ls getting going into finals?

NONE
1%
1-2 Hours
2%
3-4 Hours
2%
5-6 Hours
20%
7-8 Hours
49%
Big Law is screaming my name...
3%
I'm not a 1L
23%

Total votes: 182

Re: How much sleep/night are 1Ls getting each day?

Postby 005618502 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Does everyone at every school have access to practice exams? Are they specific to certain professors or are they just general for a subject and the same for everyone in the school? (sorry 0L here)

It varies by school and professor, but generally each professor will have one or two exams on reserve. If you're really lucky they'll have a model answer.

I have two relatively new professors, so there's none on file. I've been working with a friend to create our own tests using pieces from other professors' tests, exam books, and making up our own questions.[/quote]

This is a good idea. I hope i dont get any new professors with no PT's on reserve

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:48 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:This is a good idea. I hope i dont get any new professors with no PT's on reserve

it doesn't matter too much cuz you're all graded on a curve. if you're screwed, so is everyone else.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Still in classes, which blows, because the first exam (Torts) is on Tues. Thankfully, we don't have the next one until almost a week later. But since it's just under a week to Torts, and we still have to more days of the class. But it's balls-to-the-wall up to this point. Outline done, flash cards for the rules made, only PT is done, E&E is done, and now I've got the problems that the other teacher gave the other section to do.

SmittenMitten

Postby SmittenMitten » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:52 pm

rad law wrote:Still in classes, which blows, because the first exam (Torts) is on Tues. Thankfully, we don't have the next one until almost a week later. But since it's just under a week to Torts, and we still have to more days of the class. But it's balls-to-the-wall up to this point. Outline done, flash cards for the rules made, only PT is done, E&E is done, and now I've got the problems that the other teacher gave the other section to do.

Same-but replace torts with civ pro.

SmittenMitten

Postby SmittenMitten » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 pm

OGR3 wrote:
SmittenMitten wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:At lawyerwannabe- more than that bro, at least for me... At least like an 80 hour a week job..

It is however many hours it takes you to get everything into your head.

That being said, I work between 80-90hrs a week total right now, but my first final is in a week.

I don't think I've had less than 60hrs since September with legal writing

I would just kill myself if I worked that much. You're talking 12 hour days, seven days a week.

Yeah-but that is just right now, since I have a final Tuesday. 60hrs a week isn't that bad. I used to be on call for my work 24/hrs a day--this is actually sort of better.

denimchickn

Postby denimchickn » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 pm

6 or 7 hours for me. I'd sleep more if I didn't spend five hours a day watching internet TV and finding humor in the fact that, unlike many people on this forum, I'll escape from LS without becoming a sociopath.

I'll let y'all know how that works out for me...

kxz

Postby kxz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:53 pm

To each his/her own.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”