hooking up with someone in your 1L section

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

1L hookup?

yes
84
52%
bad idea
77
48%
 
Total votes: 161

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby Lwoods » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:15 am

James Bond wrote:Is he/she hot? Because if not, it could seriously make people question your judgment. Judgment's a big part of law...


Image

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:24 am

Lwoods wrote:
James Bond wrote:Is he/she hot? Because if not, it could seriously make people question your judgment. Judgment's a big part of law...

/quote]


Oh yes, hot crazy scale is definitely credited.

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby OGR3 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:54 am

beach_terror wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:I've been trying to get into Arrested Development...watched the first five episodes so far. I really don't think it's very funny.


You've just lost all internet cred.

It takes awhile to "get" the humor on Arrested Development. Once you do, hands down one of the funniest shows ever though.


If you don't "get" the humor on Arrested Development within the first episode, you are not worthy of being my friend.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7256
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby beach_terror » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:57 am

OGR3 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:I've been trying to get into Arrested Development...watched the first five episodes so far. I really don't think it's very funny.


You've just lost all internet cred.

It takes awhile to "get" the humor on Arrested Development. Once you do, hands down one of the funniest shows ever though.


If you don't "get" the humor on Arrested Development within the first episode, you are not worthy of being my friend.

Cool story bro

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby Blindmelon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 am

Seems like you're going to do it anyway, so just enjoy it.

Just for god's sake, make sure you're not sitting near her, or within easy eye-shot. A couple in my section broke up and had to ask the prof to move them on the seating chart b/c they sat next to each other in each class.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby Grizz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:16 pm

People hook up in my section. No one seems to give a shit.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby romothesavior » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:40 pm

rad law wrote:People hook up in my section. No one seems to give a shit.

Listen to rad. He is an expert.

User avatar
Jackson Pollock
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:22 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby Jackson Pollock » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:54 pm

beach_terror wrote:It takes awhile to "get" the humor on Arrested Development. Once you do, hands down one of the funniest shows ever though.


I agree. It's a very different type of show, with the no-laugh track "Office-style" thing going, but a lot more eccentric and zany, IMO.

User avatar
savagedm
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby savagedm » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:41 pm

romothesavior wrote:
rad law wrote:People hook up in my section. No one seems to give a shit.

Listen to rad. He is an expert.


It's true, people care for all of 2 days usually then stop caring because they are all afraid the professor is coming at them with a pick axe.

Kaitlyn
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby Kaitlyn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:02 pm

.
Last edited by Kaitlyn on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sanpiero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby sanpiero » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:07 pm

stop being an effing vagina and do it, and stop posting on the internet about it

then, pics or it didn't happen

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:07 pm

amonynous_ivdinidual wrote:This discussion is moot if you're a guy, cause you're going to do it.

lol

User avatar
Older Chest
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby Older Chest » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:10 pm

beach_terror wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:I've been trying to get into Arrested Development...watched the first five episodes so far. I really don't think it's very funny.


You've just lost all internet cred.

It takes awhile to "get" the humor on Arrested Development. Once you do, hands down one of the funniest shows ever though.


+1 million. One of the greatest shows of all time.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby romothesavior » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:10 pm

Who the heck cares, seriously? People have far more important things to worry about right now than who is sleeping with who.

Its 2010. People have sex. It's not a big deal.

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby James Bond » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:12 pm

romothesavior wrote:Who the heck cares, seriously? People have far more important things to worry about right now than who is sleeping with who.

Its 2010. People have sex. It's not a big deal.


Lol people having sex is only because it's 2010?

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby gwuorbust » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 pm

James Bond wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Who the heck cares, seriously? People have far more important things to worry about right now than who is sleeping with who.

Its 2010. People have sex. It's not a big deal.


Lol people having sex is only because it's 2010?


uhh ya, duh. we all know that storks brought babies to happy families before the 2000s. MTV has corrupted us all!!

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby romothesavior » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:29 pm

James Bond wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Who the heck cares, seriously? People have far more important things to worry about right now than who is sleeping with who.

Its 2010. People have sex. It's not a big deal.


Lol people having sex is only because it's 2010?


I'm just saying it isn't 1850 anymore. Sex isn't a big deal. People having sex with their classmates?!? Stop the presses! I am just really surprised people think this is some sort of an issue.

I'm a lot more worried about getting curve-pwned in Ks than I am about Billy and Suzie smashing guts on a Friday night.

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby James Bond » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:32 pm

romothesavior wrote:I'm a lot more worried about getting curve-pwned in Ks than I am about Billy and Suzie smashing guts on a Friday night.


Oh you were talking about Suzie? Who hasn't ploughed that one out?

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7256
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby beach_terror » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 pm


User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby romothesavior » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:51 pm

James Bond wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I'm a lot more worried about getting curve-pwned in Ks than I am about Billy and Suzie smashing guts on a Friday night.


Oh you were talking about Suzie? Who hasn't ploughed that one out?

God dammit... I thought we had something going. I wondered why she hadn't called me back.

User avatar
Gatriel
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby Gatriel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Only unless shes hot.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Gatriel wrote:Only unless shes hot.

That's an odd phrase. Even if only unless she's hot?

User avatar
Gatriel
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby Gatriel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:09 pm

JazzOne wrote:
Gatriel wrote:Only unless shes hot.

That's an odd phrase. Even if only unless she's hot?


I know. As soon as I hit "Submit" this being TLS, I knew I would get called out. Oh well.

Only If she is hot.

Better? :mrgreen:

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Gatriel wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
Gatriel wrote:Only unless shes hot.

That's an odd phrase. Even if only unless she's hot?


I know. As soon as I hit "Submit" this being TLS, I knew I would get called out. Oh well.

Only If she is hot.

Better? :mrgreen:

lol

I think you're confusing a necessary condition for a sufficient one.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Postby GeePee » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:14 pm

JazzOne wrote:
Gatriel wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
Gatriel wrote:Only unless shes hot.

That's an odd phrase. Even if only unless she's hot?


I know. As soon as I hit "Submit" this being TLS, I knew I would get called out. Oh well.

Only If she is hot.

Better? :mrgreen:

lol

I think you're confusing a necessary condition for a sufficient one.

Depends how desperate you are.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests