Thanksgiving Break, seeing non-law students Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
reasonable_man

Gold

Re: Thanksgiving Break, seeing non-law students

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:26 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

But the kids love it! But for real, are you seriously quoting sections of the FRCP? For real? Honestly gangsta, don't playa hate.
I heard to pass the exam, you need to know it cold. So I was like, wat if I incorporate it into my diction? Yessir! I am killing law school rite now!
--ImageRemoved--

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:32 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

But the kids love it! But for real, are you seriously quoting sections of the FRCP? For real? Honestly gangsta, don't playa hate.
I heard to pass the exam, you need to know it cold. So I was like, wat if I incorporate it into my diction? Yessir! I am killing law school rite now!
God I wish you'd get banned. This explains why C is mailing it in this year at OCI.

Stringer Bell

Gold

Post by Stringer Bell » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:38 pm

The general concept of "I have friends that I like to engage in stimulating intellectual debate with and I'm looking forward to doing this with some folks I haven't seen in awhile using my newly acquired mad skillz" isn't all that unreasonable. One of the ancillary benefits for me of reading books on economics and such is that it gives me some new material to use when I'm engaged in policy debates with a couple of my coworkers. OP's premise could be somewhat akin to going to basketball camp and looking forward to playing in a pick up game when they get home.

Of course, OP presents this premise in a pretty douchey manner.

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:39 pm

JazzOne wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

God I wish you'd get banned. This explains why C is mailing it in this year at OCI.
Lollol, I only have 95 posts and you trying to get me banned already? that's crazy. Do I explain why they are "mailing" it in this year? Explain that rite quick.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:42 pm

UnTouChablE wrote: Lollol, I only have 95 posts and you trying to get me banned already? that's crazy. Do I explain why they are "mailing" it in this year? Explain that rite quick.
iz you gunna anzer ur lawlz zams ike dis dog?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:49 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

Made me lol, well played sir.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:50 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

Lollol, I only have 95 posts and you trying to get me banned already? that's crazy. Do I explain why they are "mailing" it in this year? Explain that rite quick.
I was all for affirmative action until I came across your nonsense. Chicago is much worse off for the effort to achieve diversity.

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:52 pm

gwuorbust wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote: Lollol, I only have 95 posts and you trying to get me banned already? that's crazy. Do I explain why they are "mailing" it in this year? Explain that rite quick.
iz you gunna anzer ur lawlz zams ike dis dog?
Comeonnow, dont insult me like that. I talk like I do, its a cultural thing, nothing to do with my intellectual capacity.

But I hear that criticism in real life all the time too, and its frankly annoying, I speak professionally and adjust my demeanor accordingly. I don't mind ppl judging me on face value, but I hope my work speaks for itself.

That has always been my hope because changing my colloquial mannerisms would be a pain.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:54 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:Comeonnow, dont insult me like that. I talk like I do, its a cultural thing, nothing to do with my intellectual capacity.

But I hear that criticism in real life all the time too, and its frankly annoying, I speak professionally and adjust my demeanor accordingly. I don't mind ppl judging me on face value, but I hope my work speaks for itself.

That has always been my hope because changing my colloquial mannerisms would be a pain.
I can't help but respond with something serious: speaking it is one thing, typing it is another.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 pm

JazzOne wrote: I was all for affirmative action until I came across your nonsense. Chicago is much worse off for the effort to achieve diversity.
I dont know what to tell you sir, that's life. Looks like you just formed another opinion, the next guy might change your mind; that is the silver lining to this.

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:56 pm

bk187 wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:Comeonnow, dont insult me like that. I talk like I do, its a cultural thing, nothing to do with my intellectual capacity.

I can't help but respond with something serious: speaking it is one thing, typing it is another.

Not really, I mean, I am not the only one that does it. When I type I want it to sound like me, and that is what I strive for. I hope I am not alone in gunning for that with my posts.

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:21 pm

JazzOne wrote: I was all for affirmative action until I came across your nonsense. Chicago is much worse off for the effort to achieve diversity.
--ImageRemoved--

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 pm

seespotrun wrote:
--ImageRemoved--
No, no, it's just that one chap I dislike. He ruined it for everyone else.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:48 pm

ITT RIGOR

savagecheater

Bronze

Post by savagecheater » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:29 am

Personally I am dreading the 'Oh you go to law school? My friend/cousin/sister/child/dog/ goes to XXXXX law school.'

I am not going to sit at a table of food and mention law. I am going to eat my food and be a normal person.

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:19 am

Anyone else already surrounded by lawyer types and just looking forward to finally being able to keep up with the conversation?

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Desert Fox wrote:ITT RIGOR OVERREACTION
FTFM

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:12 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:I would bet money that the OP is straight out of undergrad.

Easy guys... He has "several" jobs lined up in November of his 1L... (clearly both Starbucks and Bed Bath and Beyond (his previous employers), have invited him back to serve as a "summer associate" training new Baristas and Towel folders, respectively)...
Calm down playa, it was a poorly worded question, can a brother make a mistake without getting eaten up for it?

Take it easy, you made your point, emphatically I might add.

Mafukas are going to stop joining TLS if all you do is come and point out how stupid the question is? After all he has attended law school and it is not too early to start seeing how it changed him, its part of the reward we get for continuing to pursue the profession, it changes you as a person.

The spirit of his question is valid, why is everyone such a bitch that everything has to worded precisely to suit some arbitrary standard or else they throw a fit? Reading cases an shit even it is for three months changes you significantly, I for one learned I that I can sue for all kinds of shit.

Then when he defends himself against unwarranted hostilities you attack his life, just shut da fuck up. We cannot all be lawyers and as unpretentious as you. Wat a fucking asshole, for no reason. How can you infer the underlining intent of the question without acknowledging that it might just have been poorly worded, dumbass. Dont judge manye, it aint yo place. 8e pleadings must be construed so as to do justice.
Thank you very much, and this will be my last post on this topic. I don't even want to counter all of the dumb remarks about me except that I have never worked at Starbucks, have an excellent job lined up at a firm, and I am not straight out of undergrad.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:21 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote: Thank you very much, and this will be my last post on this topic. I don't even want to counter all of the dumb remarks about me except that I have never worked at Starbucks, have an excellent job lined up at a firm, and I am not straight out of undergrad.
--ImageRemoved--

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:39 pm

You missed the next part of being a lawyer:

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Oh, and for the love of god - don't give your loved ones law dictionaries for xmas. You'll probably get disowned.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:36 pm

ResolutePear wrote:Oh, and for the love of god - don't give your loved ones law dictionaries for xmas. You'll probably get disowned.
I disagree, I think OP should give out Black's Law Dictionary to everyone he knows. Also, OP you should just randomly ask people what their thoughts are on current law topics: "so what are your feelings on the Exxon Mobile case and contamination of claims?"

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:37 pm

gwuorbust wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Oh, and for the love of god - don't give your loved ones law dictionaries for xmas. You'll probably get disowned.
I disagree, I think OP should give out Black's Law Dictionary to everyone he knows. Also, OP you should just randomly ask people what their thoughts are on current law topics: "so what are your feelings on the Exxon Mobile case and contamination of claims?"
Fuck Exxon.

Ask them about Lehman Bros.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Pear, just drove off a girl who was sitting next to me because "my typing is out of control." TLS, and memoing means nonstop typing plus I kit the keyboard loudly. I got some serious lulz out of it.

Total Litigator

Silver

Post by Total Litigator » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:45 pm

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People (based on true events).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”