Contracts Multiple Choice

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mansour2321

Contracts Multiple Choice

Postby mansour2321 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:52 am

I have a 2.5 hour Multiple Choice Contracts Exam in addition to an Essay Portion. I am trying to find some Multistate Bar Exam questions as our prof writes similar questions to the bar. Does anyone know of any online banks or may have some questions available to them whether from the bar or other contract multiple choice questions.

Thanks

lawschooliseasy

Re: Contracts Multiple Choice

Postby lawschooliseasy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:06 pm

I suggest panicking.

Actually, just ask your librarian for the CALI password.

Oh, and your library should also have old bar exams on file.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:41 pm

1) CALI (see above; password might also be on the student website)
2) Crunchtime (Emmanuel)

I've had two K's multiple choice exams and both of these have been EXTREMELY helpful.

Paichka

Postby Paichka » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Have you considered looking at the Siegel's and Friedman's essay and multiple choice books that Aspen puts out? I never knew about them before, but I bought a couple to help out with my Crim Pro and Evidence multiple choice exams.

Not too pricey, and from flipping through them they look pretty consistent with the exams I've taken so far.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 pm

keg411 wrote:1) CALI (see above; password might also be on the student website)
2) Crunchtime (Emmanuel)

I've had two K's multiple choice exams and both of these have been EXTREMELY helpful.

CALI has stuff in contracts that is blatantly wrong (see firm offer- the author of that section does not see anything wrong with holding a firm offer open for 6 months).

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Every single exam that I've used the Lexis Q & A series to prepare for I've gotten an A- or better (on a 2.7 curve). I've never even had a multiple choice exam, but the answers are just so comprehensive.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
keg411 wrote:1) CALI (see above; password might also be on the student website)
2) Crunchtime (Emmanuel)

CALI has stuff in contracts that is blatantly wrong (see firm offer- the author of that section does not see anything wrong with holding a firm offer open for 6 months).

We didn't do firm offer in my K's class. Also, CALI's aren't perfect, but they're helpful if you need them for MC practice. Most profs re-use MC questions year after year, so they're not usually in exam databases like issue spotters and essay exams (at least at my school).

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Paichka wrote:Have you considered looking at the Siegel's and Friedman's essay and multiple choice books that Aspen puts out? I never knew about them before, but I bought a couple to help out with my Crim Pro and Evidence multiple choice exams.

Not too pricey, and from flipping through them they look pretty consistent with the exams I've taken so far.

FWIW, Friedman is my Civ Pro Prof. He wrote the case book and has his own book of practice tests... those really random, crazy hypos that most Profs skip right over... nope, we get the full deal

LAWYER2

Postby LAWYER2 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:51 am

if you have access to BarBri their MBE questions are very helpful and I found many dead ringers for my professors exam questions

Journeybound

Postby Journeybound » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:50 am

I had a professor do the same type of thing last semester. She's now teaching somewhere in Miami. But she used the exact same questions from the bar questions, and she just altered names. You should definitely find original published bar questions. There are books out there that have them divided by topic. Actually, your professor might give you one to make copies from. Ours did.

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:31 am

Anyone who wants me to send them a .PDF version of the MBE I am more than happy to do so. Just PM me with your email address.

ovid

Postby ovid » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:17 pm

ggocat

Postby ggocat » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:07 pm

You can buy access to Kaplan's q-bank for bar review (MBE subjects) for $300. You get a ton of qustions with that. They also have a "1L success" product for $100, but not sure how many multiple choice questions you get.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:12 pm

I'm telling you guys, Lexis Q & A's are awesome...

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:30 pm

mansour2321 wrote:I have a 2.5 hour Multiple Choice Contracts Exam in addition to an Essay Portion. I am trying to find some Multistate Bar Exam questions as our prof writes similar questions to the bar. Does anyone know of any online banks or may have some questions available to them whether from the bar or other contract multiple choice questions.

Thanks

Im interested as well.

I have been browsing on amazon, and have narrowed it between Q&A and siegels. although I might just see if our library has one of them and check it out.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Siegels often are way too complicated, and has stuff you really wont cover outside of a very advanced class imo.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”