outline

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lawschoolgiant

outline

Postby lawschoolgiant » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:12 am

best way to study the concepts?

Should i just read outline and do practice questions or any alternative ideas. Im already outlined so now I need to utilize.

Cupidity

Re: outline

Postby Cupidity » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:29 am

My strategy, use your outline to take practice exams. When I started, I would take double/triple the time i was supposed to on the exam, and used it to re-organize and expand my outline to make it more conducive to actual testing. I'd do this a few times per outline until it become workable, then memorize.

patrickd139

Re: outline

Postby patrickd139 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:42 am

Cupidity wrote:My strategy, use your outline to take practice exams. When I started, I would take double/triple the time i was supposed to on the exam, and used it to re-organize and expand my outline to make it more conducive to actual testing. I'd do this a few times per outline until it become workable, then memorize.

+1.

But be careful about two things. First, don't get burnt out. You're (likely) ahead of the curve right now by finishing your outlines, but you're still three weeks out. Study hard, study smart, but don't just study to get hours in. Second, be sure you spend a healthy amount of time memorizing the outline; especially if you have a closed-book exam, even if it's open-note. I usually do this by progressively culling out all but the bare minimum skeleton of the outline in successive read-throughs, and then taking the skeleton outline and filling in as much of the expanded outline as possible from memory. Then go back, see what you missed, rinse, repeat.

TL;DR: DO practice exams. DON'T get burnt out doing practice exams. DO spend time memorizing your outline. DON'T forget to do practice exams at memorization's expense.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”