What now? 1L

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
cgs230

What now? 1L

Postby cgs230 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Finals start around the first week of December. Things are winding down but we're still being assigned HW. Legal writing taking up a lot of ppls time (not mine because ... I hate it).

What to do? Outline? Flash cards? Memorize? E&Es?

ilovefishing

Re: What now? 1L

Postby ilovefishing » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Start drinking heavily, while you still can

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:45 pm

this thread reminds me of the fact that ima be pissed every time i look at TLS during my finals week (a week later than everyone else's)...because everyone will be talking about how relieved they feel about having it over with...while im studying

boo

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:49 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:this thread reminds me of the fact that ima be pissed every time i look at TLS during my finals week (a week later than everyone else's)...because everyone will be talking about how relieved they feel about having it over with...while im studying

boo

+1. How are things going in your section? Any gunner issues?

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:50 pm

You won't be alone, DoubleChecks. My last final is Dec 22.

cgs230

Postby cgs230 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Ok so my last one is Dec 15. That's 7 days. We're all in the same boat.

What are you guys doing? Outlining?

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:03 pm

cgs230 wrote:Ok so my last one is Dec 15. That's 7 days. We're all in the same boat.

I'm outlining and taking practice exams on my own, then meeting in a small group with some friends to discuss them.

We've been getting a lot out of it so far.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:32 pm

GeePee wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:this thread reminds me of the fact that ima be pissed every time i look at TLS during my finals week (a week later than everyone else's)...because everyone will be talking about how relieved they feel about having it over with...while im studying

boo

+1. How are things going in your section? Any gunner issues?

lol there are always a few here and there, but everyone is really nice for the most part. i think our section is one of the...hm, lets just say, during the last section meeting combined w/ another section, we definitely outnumbered them in 'hands raised for questions'...which of course isnt a bad thing, especially since we were also the first ones in line for the free food! hahaha

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:34 pm

GeePee wrote:
cgs230 wrote:Ok so my last one is Dec 15. That's 7 days. We're all in the same boat.

I'm outlining and taking practice exams on my own, then meeting in a small group with some friends to discuss them.

way to outgun me GP :P, ive just been glancing at a bunch of outlines ive found online and telling myself that i should start reading them/working on practice exams haha. oh man, i should step it up

ChattTNdt

Postby ChattTNdt » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:42 am

My last final is December 10 8) :shock:

On topic, I've been condensing my outlines, got Torts down under 7 pages today.
Also been reading E&E's and playing around with professors' past exams. Saving all the 2009 exams to take under time pressure, closer to the first of December.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:53 am

DoubleChecks wrote:
GeePee wrote:

way to outgun me GP :P, ive just been glancing at a bunch of outlines ive found online and telling myself that i should start reading them/working on practice exams haha. oh man, i should step it up

lol i feel exactly like you do doublechecks

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:08 am

Nom Sawyer wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
GeePee wrote:

lol i feel exactly like you do doublechecks

Dammit. Outed myself :oops:

cgs230

Postby cgs230 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:55 am

right, so back to the topic of the post...

What is everyone (1Ls) doing at this stage? Feel like we're at a junction

cgs230

Postby cgs230 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:57 am

woops nm...wow my brain is fried. you guys were totally answering haha.

I'm having a hellish time memorizing. I have 2 closed books, 2 open but what I hear it doesnt even matter, that if you dont have it COLD you're in trouble...

ugh.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:17 pm

I am almost done with the memo. I am close to done with the Torts outline, halfway done with Contracts, barely started on Civ Pro (which is bad cause its my first final), and our Crim Law is a mess anyway so who knows. I have done some E&E work on subjects I am not crystal clear on, I also have done a practice exam for every class. I am meeting with some professors next week to discuss my practice exams and see what they think. I have all the "Law in a flash" flashcard stuff and its actually kinda fun to do so I may start that soon. As soon as the memo is 100% done I think time really opens up for other things.

Oh, and I hate all of you have have only 4 classes and/or have Legal Writing as P/F. :)

stocksly33

Postby stocksly33 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Substantive, in order of importance and time allocated: Memo, temporarily > hypos w/ model answers & timed PTs > Supps to hit on the stuff I'm a little fuzzy on > reviewing the semester's material > class reading. Outline is up to date.

I'm also trying to cut back on down time. I usually have about 3 hours of downtime on a weekday, and 4-5 hours of downtime on a weekend day.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:50 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:As soon as the memo is 100% done I think time really opens up for other things.

This.

BarbellDreams wrote:Oh, and I hate all of you have have only 4 classes and/or have Legal Writing as P/F. :)

And this.

stayway

Postby stayway » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:07 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Oh, and I hate all of you have have only 4 classes and/or have Legal Writing as P/F. :)

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”