Professor's Exam No answer Key/ Another exam with answer key

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Metfan

Professor's Exam No answer Key/ Another exam with answer key

Postby Metfan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:57 pm

I want to start taking practice exams this weekend. For Torts, my professor has not provided an answer key for his exams and says he will not discuss practice exams with us. I do have access to other professor's exams with answer keys.

The approaches I'm considering are:

Taking my professor's exam just to get the feel for the time constraint etc. and then going back and going over it without the time constraint to see if I can spot issues that i missed.
OR

Taking another professor's exam where I can actually review it.

Suggestions?

de5igual

Re: Professor's Exam No answer Key/ Another exam with answer key

Postby de5igual » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Metfan wrote:I want to start taking practice exams this weekend. For Torts, my professor has not provided an answer key for his exams and says he will not discuss practice exams with us. I do have access to other professor's exams with answer keys.

The approaches I'm considering are:

Taking my professor's exam just to get the feel for the time constraint etc. and then going back and going over it without the time constraint to see if I can spot issues that i missed.
OR

Taking another professor's exam where I can actually review it.

Suggestions?

Both if you have time

obviously, focusing on your professor's exams is more important, but looking at the other professor's questions/answers could shed light on other ways at approaching the same problem

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:26 pm

got a good tip from a professor at our exam writing workshop: save a test for timed practice, and use one exam to study with---spot an issue, go to your outline, learn it, then write what you'd write on the exam..keep going back and forth.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:03 am

take your profs exams, co-ordinate with other students to have them take the same exams, share answers

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”