NO past exams available...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jbarl1

NO past exams available...

Postby jbarl1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:48 pm

The title pretty much says it all. My school does not keep a library of past exams and none of my professors are going to allow access to any. How should I be practicing since I do not have access to old exams?

Dr. Van Nostrand

Re: NO past exams available...

Postby Dr. Van Nostrand » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:01 pm

jbarl1 wrote:The title pretty much says it all. My school does not keep a library of past exams and none of my professors are going to allow access to any. How should I be practicing since I do not have access to old exams?

Google. It is really easy to find other schools' exams. Granted, they are not coming from your exact professor, but I used tons of exams from other schools during 1L and did really well, so just because it isn't your professor doesn't necessarily mean it isn't useful. Just make sure when you do them you time yourself and put yourself under exact exam conditions to make the most of your practice.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:03 pm

buy the books?

check amazon

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:04 pm

James Bond wrote:buy the books?

check amazon

what books?

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:05 pm

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:The title pretty much says it all. My school does not keep a library of past exams and none of my professors are going to allow access to any. How should I be practicing since I do not have access to old exams?

Google. It is really easy to find other schools' exams. Granted, they are not coming from your exact professor, but I used tons of exams from other schools during 1L and did really well, so just because it isn't your professor doesn't necessarily mean it isn't useful. Just make sure when you do them you time yourself and put yourself under exact exam conditions to make the most of your practice.

I know my Torts professor said she wants specific references to the cases we have discussed in class...will exams from google still be useful? Do you know of any good sites that have a lot of exams?

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:05 pm

jbarl1 wrote:

check amazon

what books?

What class?

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:06 pm

James Bond wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:

check amazon

what books?

What class?

I'm taking torts, crim law and civ pro and I have E&Es or other supplements for all of them.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12526

Thanks!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”