Does anyone outline for Civ Pro solely from Glannon

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
corporatelaw87

Does anyone outline for Civ Pro solely from Glannon

Postby corporatelaw87 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:15 pm

My Prof is new, and is still working out on how to best teach the class. Has anyone just outlined Glannon?

nealric

Re: Does anyone outline for Civ Pro solely from Glannon

Postby nealric » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:16 pm

That's mostly what I did. Got me an A-.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:18 pm

I didn't even outline for Civ Pro, I just read Glannon over and over until I had it all down.

personi

Postby personi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:17 pm

I booked Civ Pro, and all I did was go through the Glannon Guide(not the E&E) multiple times. I went through it first as we covered the relevant topics through out the semester. I re-read every topic covered in class and did every question covered during spring break. During the few days before the final, I re-read the book again, and did each problem multiple times.

My class notes were crap, and I didn't make my own outline, but I obtained a very good outline. To the final, I also brought in a very good practitioner oriented hornbook that I found in the school library a day or two before the final. That hornbook was really good because it covered certain esoteric topics in greater detail than either the E&E or Glannons. I actually looked up something in the hornbook during the final because it covered something weird, like Erie issues in the context of the venue transfer statute.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:22 pm

I've got the E&E and the Guide. The E&E seems to focus more on explanation (imagine that) and delving into the why's and how's of stuff. The Guide is much more straightforward and just tells you what each rule does.

I've been using the E&E in place of the casebook for class study, and plan on using the Guide for outlining / exam review.

We'll see how that works.

corporatelaw87

Postby corporatelaw87 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:31 pm

kalvano wrote:I've got the E&E and the Guide. The E&E seems to focus more on explanation (imagine that) and delving into the why's and how's of stuff. The Guide is much more straightforward and just tells you what each rule does.

I've been using the E&E in place of the casebook for class study, and plan on using the Guide for outlining / exam review.

We'll see how that works.

I agree, the Guide is much more simple, I'm reading the E&E now, but may use the Guide the final review.

cindytran872

Postby cindytran872 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:24 pm

[...]
Last edited by cindytran872 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:33 pm

Would anyone be willing to share an outline based on the guide? Or a short and succinct outline? I am having trouble narrowing it down to basic concepts...civil procedure is definitely going to be my biggest struggle.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:55 pm

jbarl1 wrote:Would anyone be willing to share an outline based on the guide? Or a short and succinct outline? I am having trouble narrowing it down to basic concepts...civil procedure is definitely going to be my biggest struggle.

It would really be worth the $25 - $35 for the E&E. I cannot begin to tell you how valuable it is.

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:44 am

kalvano wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:Would anyone be willing to share an outline based on the guide? Or a short and succinct outline? I am having trouble narrowing it down to basic concepts...civil procedure is definitely going to be my biggest struggle.

It would really be worth the $25 - $35 for the E&E. I cannot begin to tell you how valuable it is.

I have the E&E ($3 on eBay) but I was hoping for an outline for further guidance. I am going to make my own outline for sure, I know how valuable it is to put in the time making it an going over everything, I just wanted to know if anyone had anything they felt would be helpful to share. Thanks though!

uvauvauva

Postby uvauvauva » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 am

jbarl1 wrote:
kalvano wrote:

I have the E&E ($3 on eBay) but I was hoping for an outline for further guidance. I am going to make my own outline for sure, I know how valuable it is to put in the time making it an going over everything, I just wanted to know if anyone had anything they felt would be helpful to share. Thanks though!

You probably want to get the new civ pro e and e... civ pro has changed recently and you need the newest edition.

Royal

Postby Royal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:33 am

How about Emanuel's? I found an Emanuel outline keyed specifically for my book.

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:34 am

uvauvauva wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:
kalvano wrote:

You probably want to get the new civ pro e and e... civ pro has changed recently and you need the newest edition.

It is the newest edition.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”