lost my notes...starting with a new study schedule HELP!

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
AntiHuman

lost my notes...starting with a new study schedule HELP!

Postby AntiHuman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Last edited by AntiHuman on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

uci2013

Re: lost my notes...starting with a new study schedule HELP!

Postby uci2013 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:11 pm

AntiHuman wrote:So I apparently thought I synced my OneNote notebooks before reinstalling windows(computer crashed)...apparently I don't even know how to do it. I picked the option to save all my notebooks to my email address. On checking it again, nothing was there.

1. Anyone know how to sync/save notebooks online with OneNote, so I can access them on any computer?

I am now really frustrated, but also with my study schedule for the past half of the semester. I fell behind in some classes because I kept wanting to review past chapters that the class already went over.I always felt I was missing something important. I go to a very collegial school where many outlines and practice exams are available to all students. I got many good outlines from many students, some from my professor and some from other professors. In fact, my contracts notebook has 7 outlines and only 2 are from my professor. I tried going through all 7 outlines and that would take me a very long time as each outline is over 80 pages. As I tried to do this, I just fell behind trying to read 7 people's notes on mutual assent/consideration, while the entire class went to the next chapter.
<snip>
3. Same goes for practice tests. Should I try and take all the practice tests that my school (all the professors) offers for each subject? Or should I only focus my time strictly on exams my professor has given out?

Regarding 1 - get dropbox. It is free and you can store your documents both in the cloud at the dropbox website and on any computer where you have dropbox installed. This basically means you can access the files from any computer. If you PM me with your email I will send you a referral and then I get some extra memory for free (I forget how much free they give you to start, but it was sufficient for documents, but not for music or videos). Dropbox is a great way to have all your files backed up automatically.

Regarding 3 - I would focus on the exams from your professor, but exams from other professors will give you other hypos to work on. But I would only pay attention to the model answers from your professors' exams, as each professor might grade differently.

AntiHuman

Postby AntiHuman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Yeah at this point...everything is about time. I am trying to fit the most stuff I can into one month. I guess I'll only do exams from my professor then and only read outlines from my professor.

inchoate_con

Postby inchoate_con » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Send me a PM with the exact details for number one. It's not "lost."

inchoate_con

Postby inchoate_con » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:33 pm

Also, while I use Dropbox, OneNote has Skydrive built in, which is the same.

Black-Blue

Postby Black-Blue » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Syncplicity is another program you can use to sync stuff to an online storage.

AntiHuman

Postby AntiHuman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:59 pm

thanks....any advice on questions 2 and below?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:19 pm

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:34 pm

while i understand freaking out, I dont think you need to give up on outlining all together because its november. I venture to say that a very good amount of people havent even started outlining yet, or will just start in the next week or so. It sounds like people are very helpful, so why not see if somebody will share their notes with you?

aside from that, if you were highlighting in your casebook, im sure you could at least salvage enough from your casebook that you could build your own outline and then fill in the holes using the ones you have from other students.

I mean, I guess the basic point of this post is, why are you giving up on making your own outlines. Its november...and I can understand the difficulty in going back to re-do all of this work, but this is a chance for you to do a massive review of the first half of the semester, and if I were you, I would dedicate a 10 hour block to each class and just pound through the material.

you're not totally screwed, its not like its dec 1.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”