Y'all see this Slate article?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
stocksly33

Y'all see this Slate article?

Postby stocksly33 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:48 am

kswiss

Re: Y'all see this Slate article?

Postby kswiss » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:00 am

That and about 1000 others.

I already started digging the hole, so I might as well shoot for the top and make the most of the situation. Those articles can either freak me out or motivate me more. Depends on the day.

waitlisted1

Postby waitlisted1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:40 am

Don't go into it for the money, that would be dumb.

Go into it because...what else are you going to do?

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:25 am

Operative snippet in that article: "He is one of dozens of law students who have gone public, very public, to chastise the schools they elected to attend for leaving them older and poorer."

bigben

Postby bigben » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:51 am

kswiss wrote:That and about 1000 others.

I already started digging the hole, so I might as well shoot for the top and make the most of the situation. Those articles can either freak me out or motivate me more. Depends on the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs

Amy wineBerry

Postby Amy wineBerry » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm

So, this article is saying people are mad with the educational/career choices they decided to pursue? If this is the case, most people should be upset at virtually all undergrads since the bachelor's degree is now nothing more than a glorified high school diploma. I'm well aware of the risk I'm taking in life; I'm only hoping that I'm able to do all within my power coupled with a little luck to get things to work in my favor.

I'm not saying tuition isn't effin absurd, because it is. But doesn't everyone realize this? The fact I could potentially make 160K a year does not offset the fact I shelled out +100K for the degree.

Buyer's remorse is a real biatchhh

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”