Why aren't we solving real world problems?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
reasonable_man

Re: Why aren't we solving real world problems?

Postby reasonable_man » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:10 pm

betasteve wrote:The OP makes me want to randomly abort babies.

Line em up.

Connelly

Postby Connelly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:42 pm

People should take it easier on the OP. Elle Woods solved a real world problem by setting another woman FREE during law school. What have we done?

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Connelly wrote:People should take it easier on the OP. Elle Woods solved a real world problem by setting another woman FREE during law school. What have we done?

I didn't even go to law school yet and I set 2 kittens and 4 birds FREE. Man, I can't wait till I go to law school! I'm gonna start setting Lions and Unicorns FREE!

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:47 pm

because there are no problems in the real world

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:49 pm

GATORTIM wrote:because there are no problems in the real world

I have a burn between my toes. *That* is a problem.

Though, that's a MD problem.

There are no JD problems ITRW.

ATR

Postby ATR » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:41 am

waitlisted1 wrote:I think the real importance of a legal education is to make all of us better, wiser citizens.

No one noticed this?

The real importance of a legal education is to afford one the opportunity to practice law. I think being a better, wiser citizen is important, but you can become one of those without a 3-year, X-$$$ investment.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:44 am

betasteve wrote:The OP makes me want to randomly abort babies.

Sadly we can't start by aborting the OP.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:05 am

Quick, 1Ls... to the lawmobile! We have real world problems to solve!

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:54 am

really does seem like LS classes skip years.

c/o 2010 was cool, c/o 2011 are awful, c/o 2012 is cool, c/o 2013 are awful.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:23 am

wiseowl wrote:really does seem like LS classes skip years.

c/o 2010 was cool, c/o 2011 are awful, c/o 2012 is cool, c/o 2013 are awful.

whatever class you're part of, you're not making a stellar case for it.

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:58 am

racist thread

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:02 am

shit dude, go out and volunteer, go to church, whatever, no one's stopping you from going out into your community

savagedm

Postby savagedm » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:00 pm

This looks to me like another case of antisemitism on these boards. The OP clearly has a chip on his shoulder against oppressed peoples. When will the mods stop this kind of senseless hatred?

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:04 pm

savagedm wrote:This looks to me like another case of antisemitism on these boards. The OP clearly has a chip on his shoulder against oppressed peoples. When will the mods stop this kind of senseless hatred?

The mods are only so many people. Smash the report button if it's so dear and near to you.

Also: Damn those fucking jews and their fucking awesome kosher food. (Amidoinitrite?)

savagedm

Postby savagedm » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:15 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
savagedm wrote:This looks to me like another case of antisemitism on these boards. The OP clearly has a chip on his shoulder against oppressed peoples. When will the mods stop this kind of senseless hatred?

The mods are only so many people. Smash the report button if it's so dear and near to you.

Also: Damn those fucking jews and their fucking awesome kosher food. (Amidoinitrite?)

You obviously have not been privvy to the recent rash of intolerance that has been plaguing these boards. By this point the mods should be fully aware of, and on the lookout for such posts. How this thread made it to 2 pages after so much time is beyond me. However, it is clear that something needs to be done to correct this injustice.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:23 pm

savagedm wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:

You obviously have not been privvy to the recent rash of intolerance that has been plaguing these boards. By this point the mods should be fully aware of, and on the lookout for such posts. How this thread made it to 2 pages after so much time is beyond me. However, it is clear that something needs to be done to correct this injustice.

There's always intolerance - it's the INTERNET. Hell, just the other day I burned a Kuran to see what all the fuss was about.
--ImageRemoved--

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:31 pm

LOL, well played Pear.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:34 pm

beach_terror wrote:LOL, well played Pear.

TBF, it was posted before by somebody else on this forum. I cannot look that far back and don't remember, so unfortunately: I cannot give credit where credit is due.

savagedm

Postby savagedm » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:35 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
savagedm wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:

There's always intolerance - it's the INTERNET. Hell, just the other day I burned a Kuran to see what all the fuss was about.
--ImageRemoved--

Oh. My. God. I am going to make a facebook about this very form of senseless hate that occurs every day. In fact, while I'm at it, I am going to wage a campaign against the people who support him doing such. It's just not right and people like yourself and the OP should be barred from continuing doing such deeds.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”