1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
uwb09

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby uwb09 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:16 pm

NoleinNY wrote:I needed a strong drink after my Con Law exam.... We spent most of the year talking about justiciability and the commerce clause and about a week on executive agreements and the appointments power... Guess what the essay was on? Yep: executive agreements and appointment power.

see you in 5 hours :x

Gamecubesupreme

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Tue May 03, 2011 3:18 pm

I must say, if I could give Richard Freer my first born son, I would.

His Civil Procedure book saved my ass yesterday for my Civ Pro final.

IthacaIsWet

Postby IthacaIsWet » Tue May 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Anyone have any good attack-charts or something for easements/servitudes/covenants?

Something that talks about requirements to create them, and the requirements for the burden and benefit to run, and other things that can help me with a professor who loves making long complex hypos with a ton of servitudes and shit?

Oh god please help :(

mths

Postby mths » Tue May 03, 2011 4:26 pm

If only profs made comments on their exams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_n ... r_embedded

SmittenMitten

Postby SmittenMitten » Tue May 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Just finished ks. Hoping against all hope for median. Goodbye GPA....I loved you so.

mbusch22

Postby mbusch22 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Justification to stop studying....

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Tue May 03, 2011 5:08 pm

kalvano wrote:
fathergoose wrote:I am willing to offer a half full tray of homemade enchiladas and what's left of the 12 pack in my fridge to anyone who will take my kx exam for me tomorrow.

I will not accept the impracticability of traveling and switching IDs as an excuse.

I am very much looking forward to that exam. I have high hopes.

Going to be a tight curve buddy since everyone has that old exam booklet.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Tue May 03, 2011 5:13 pm

maxpayne wrote:Going to be a tight curve buddy since everyone has that old exam booklet.

Indeed, but thank goodness for the exam booklet. It's my little life raft.

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Tue May 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Does anyone right out the introductory sentences pre-fabricated for exams into their outlines? My outlines are done except for this. I'm considering doing this for conlaw (actually started, but ehhhh) and I'm wondering if anyone has good/bad experiences with doing so?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue May 03, 2011 5:21 pm

maxpayne wrote:
kalvano wrote:
fathergoose wrote:I am willing to offer a half full tray of homemade enchiladas and what's left of the 12 pack in my fridge to anyone who will take my kx exam for me tomorrow.

I will not accept the impracticability of traveling and switching IDs as an excuse.

I don't think quite as much. A lot of people I have spoken with have the exam booklet but have no clue what Crespi is on about. And a lot of people skipped review sessions.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Tue May 03, 2011 5:28 pm

kalvano wrote:
maxpayne wrote:
kalvano wrote:

I don't think quite as much. A lot of people I have spoken with have the exam booklet but have no clue what Crespi is on about. And a lot of people skipped review sessions.

This is true. Also, the booklet really doesn't do you any good unless you go through it and understand where they are scoring points. Sure, some people will use it during the test like (like I did last year) but this really only slows you down I think.

Oh well, three more days son!!!!

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Tue May 03, 2011 5:30 pm

kalvano wrote:I don't think quite as much. A lot of people I have spoken with have the exam booklet but have no clue what Crespi is on about. And a lot of people skipped review sessions.

It's entirely possible to skip the review sessions, miss most classes, cram with the exam booklet the day before and still do better than median. The exam booklet is the great leveler.

mbusch22

Postby mbusch22 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:31 pm

maxpayne wrote:
kalvano wrote:

TIGHT CURVE? SAY WHAAAAAAAT?

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Tue May 03, 2011 5:33 pm

mbusch22 wrote:
maxpayne wrote:
kalvano wrote:

You seem like you have too much time on all your hands today. Someone is prepared.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue May 03, 2011 5:38 pm

fathergoose wrote:
kalvano wrote:I don't think quite as much. A lot of people I have spoken with have the exam booklet but have no clue what Crespi is on about. And a lot of people skipped review sessions.

It's entirely possible to skip the review sessions, miss most classes, cram with the exam booklet the day before and still do better than median. The exam booklet is the great leveler.

Oh, I know. But a lot of people seem absolutely lost. Like, no idea what is going on at all. And in looking at my exam from last semester, all of my big points came from stuff I got during the review sessions.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Tue May 03, 2011 5:39 pm

mbusch22 wrote:
maxpayne wrote:
kalvano wrote:

You've been waiting a long time to use that .gif haven't you?

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Tue May 03, 2011 5:43 pm

kalvano wrote:Oh, I know. But a lot of people seem absolutely lost. Like, no idea what is going on at all. And in looking at my exam from last semester, all of my big points came from stuff I got during the review sessions.

but to argue the other side, looking back at my exam from last semester all of my big points came from the stuff that I pulled straight out of the exam packet.

I guess it's just two different channels to get the same information.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue May 03, 2011 5:45 pm

fathergoose wrote:
kalvano wrote:Oh, I know. But a lot of people seem absolutely lost. Like, no idea what is going on at all. And in looking at my exam from last semester, all of my big points came from stuff I got during the review sessions.

but to argue the other side, looking back at my exam from last semester all of my big points came from the stuff that I pulled straight out of the exam packet.

Also depends on how big his questions are. If you know and understand what to look for, you can get through more it quicker, instead of having to flip through the packet.

I am hoping for a giant beast of an exam.

mbusch22

Postby mbusch22 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:48 pm

kalvano wrote:
fathergoose wrote:

Also depends on how big his questions are. If you know and understand what to look for, you can get through more it quicker, instead of having to flip through the packet.

I am hoping for a giant beast of an exam.

im going for 10K words.

JK :lol:

...sorta.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Tue May 03, 2011 5:51 pm

mbusch22 wrote:im going for 10K words.

JK :lol:

...sorta.

Weak sauce. I'm going to transcribe the entire exam packet, all 46k words, then I will be assured of an A.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue May 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Well, conlaw couldn't have gone much worse. And I wish I was saying that in the self-depricating "oh im sure you did fine" sense. There are major issues and points that I neglected to mention due to lack of time and the tight word limit. And the stuff I did mention didn't feel coherent at all. Had a bunch of short answers and 2 longer essays. Shories I felt really good about but those essays are trash. Entire big issues are missing from my analysis. Worst part was, I realized this with like 2 minutes left and couldn't shift things around to get the discussion down. B+ at best. B is more likely, which at my school is below median. Went into this semester looking to keep my GPA and class rank where it is. At this point, I just hope it doesn't fall so much as to kill my chances for the type of job I seek.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:47 pm

dakatz wrote:Well, conlaw couldn't have gone much worse. And I wish I was saying that in the self-depricating "oh im sure you did fine" sense. There are major issues and points that I neglected to mention due to lack of time and the tight word limit. And the stuff I did mention didn't feel coherent at all. Had a bunch of short answers and 2 longer essays. Shories I felt really good about but those essays are trash. Entire big issues are missing from my analysis. Worst part was, I realized this with like 2 minutes left and couldn't shift things around to get the discussion down. B+ at best. B is more likely, which at my school is below median. Went into this semester looking to keep my GPA and class rank where it is. At this point, I just hope it doesn't fall so much as to kill my chances for the type of job I seek.

Sorryt o hear that.

I feel the same though. My computer screwed up halfway through, couldn't get it restarted. had to use a loaner. totally frazzled and missed half the issues on the second question=screwed.

mths

Postby mths » Tue May 03, 2011 7:09 pm

swc65 wrote:
dakatz wrote:Well, conlaw couldn't have gone much worse. And I wish I was saying that in the self-depricating "oh im sure you did fine" sense. There are major issues and points that I neglected to mention due to lack of time and the tight word limit. And the stuff I did mention didn't feel coherent at all. Had a bunch of short answers and 2 longer essays. Shories I felt really good about but those essays are trash. Entire big issues are missing from my analysis. Worst part was, I realized this with like 2 minutes left and couldn't shift things around to get the discussion down. B+ at best. B is more likely, which at my school is below median. Went into this semester looking to keep my GPA and class rank where it is. At this point, I just hope it doesn't fall so much as to kill my chances for the type of job I seek.

Sorryt o hear that.

I feel the same though. My computer screwed up halfway through, couldn't get it restarted. had to use a loaner. totally frazzled and missed half the issues on the second question=screwed.

^ my biggest fear

Cherith Cutestory

Postby Cherith Cutestory » Tue May 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Ugh, Contracts exam couldn't wait to ream me. My only hope is that, like last semester, the exam I dreaded the most was the first one I took, the one I felt the worst about, and my highest grade...but I doubt it.

After the exam he sent out a congratulations email for finishing the semester, along with how we should have spotted the 2-207(4) issue in the first common law based question as a joke to suggest that we'd only drive each other mad talking amongst ourselves about how we thought we did.

...I almost immediately went on to Westlaw to make sure there wasn't actually a 2-207(4)...twice if you count double checking on Lexis.

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Tue May 03, 2011 7:16 pm

BeenDidThat's GPA 12/2010 - 5/2011

BeenDidThat's GPA lost his long battle with law school yesterday. While his time here on Earth was too short, he brought great joy in that time, especially to his father, BeenDidThat. BeenDidThat's GPA leaves a loving father and a buncha hoes that loved his father behind. Additionally, BeenDidThat's GPA leaves behind a brother, Fail.

Services will be this Sunday at the Altar of Dreams Deferred.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”