1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SmittenMitten

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby SmittenMitten » Mon May 02, 2011 10:42 am

I would take every single con law exam for you guys if just one of you could take contracts (open book) for me. Anybody? Anybody?

God I miss Con Law and Torts

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon May 02, 2011 11:23 am

geekrocker37 wrote:Found out earlier tonight that my girlfriend of 2.5 years hooked up with somebody on Saturday (we are in a LTR). First exam in 5 hours, obviously have some sleep issues, but honestly, I feel so motivated to kick some ass right now in these exams then to use it as a BAWWW moment.

That being said, there is a special place in hell for those who fuck with someone right before the start of 1L exams....

Dude... fuck. Sorry man.

SmittenMitten

Postby SmittenMitten » Mon May 02, 2011 11:30 am

geekrocker37 wrote:Found out earlier tonight that my girlfriend of 2.5 years hooked up with somebody on Saturday (we are in a LTR). First exam in 5 hours, obviously have some sleep issues, but honestly, I feel so motivated to kick some ass right now in these exams then to use it as a BAWWW moment.

That being said, there is a special place in hell for those who fuck with someone right before the start of 1L exams....

This is awful on a number of levels-Sorry!

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Mon May 02, 2011 11:33 am

1. Dump GF
2. Ace final
3. ???
4. PROFIT $$$$$

stayway

Postby stayway » Mon May 02, 2011 11:58 am

BeenDidThat wrote:

1. Dump GF
2. Ace final
3. ???Hook up with someone
4. PROFIT $$$$$

FTFY

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon May 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Just finished a practice Ks exam. did it in the freaking exam software since we are using a new version this semester. I wanted to make sure everything went smoothly. But I forgot when you save the exam you are unable to open it again. woo 5500 words and I cant check to see if what I wrote was correct!

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 pm

moandersen wrote:Just finished a practice Ks exam. did it in the freaking exam software since we are using a new version this semester. I wanted to make sure everything went smoothly. But I forgot when you save the exam you are unable to open it again. woo 5500 words and I cant check to see if what I wrote was correct!

I have done this before, and it sucks.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Mon May 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Sorry dude, that really sucks. Hell, this pisses ME off, and I am sitting 30 mins away from my Civ Pro finals. Rock finals, make a lot of money, shove it in her face.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:40 pm

I like having pretty much only the top of the class in my study group. Except that it makes me feel dumb. And they said as much.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Mon May 02, 2011 4:17 pm

kalvano wrote:

My understanding (from the professor) was that Morrison made it explicit that the modern interpretation of the 3rd prong would not allow for an aggregate "substantial effect" for non-economic activities. I believe the majority in Lopez said they might be willing to find a similar law Constitutional under the CC as long as there was a strong legislative history backed by data and reasoning that linked the regulated activity to a substantial aggregate effect on commerce.

In Morrison they were like "Yeaa that's nice that you guys did all that stuff we suggested in Lopez, but now we think that was a silly idea and will reject all "aggregate effect" arguments for inclusion under the 3rd prong for non-economical activities".

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon May 02, 2011 4:45 pm

Whelp I ran out of Con Law prep materials and I can't really use others' because my prof. is weird. I guess I'll try to pack more stuff into my outline for the MC portion.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:52 pm

Finished ConLawl. Goodbye chances of having a legal job ever.

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Mon May 02, 2011 5:54 pm

keg411 wrote:Finished ConLawl. Goodbye chances of having a legal job ever.

+1

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Mon May 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Holy moly that thing bent me over, not even a courtesy lick

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon May 02, 2011 6:12 pm

+1. MC was impossible (and wtf con law should not be tested using MC), and i simply didn't type nearly as much as i would have liked for 2 hour issue spotter (got around 2900 words, whereas i was able to hit 3500 for crim and i know some freaks on here get up to 4k for 2 hr issue spotters).

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon May 02, 2011 6:23 pm

fathergoose wrote:

Holy moly that thing bent me over, not even a courtesy lick

I like how she spent all that time on Hamdi and Boumediene and then went completely off the rails on the test. Transfer of prisoners? What the hell?

STOP MESSING WITH MY MIND, WOMAN!

Also, I hate questions like the second that have a very clear and definitive answer, but you are expected to keep going beyond the 2 sentences it would take to actually answer the question.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Mon May 02, 2011 6:28 pm

done with Con Law, done with 1L year.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon May 02, 2011 6:29 pm

gwuorbust wrote:done with Con Law, done with 1L year.

Lucky bastard.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon May 02, 2011 6:31 pm

I might as well copy this so I can paste it tomorrow afternoon when I am done with mine. I've never dreaded anything so much. How people love this pseudo-philosophy so dearly is beyond me. ConLaw actually wants to make me take something like tax, which I was pretty opposed to before coming to law school. Ug, at least it will all be over in a day. I feel like I'm gonna bomb this thing Hiroshima style tomorrow.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Mon May 02, 2011 6:36 pm

I got superstar whore pwned by eads. Hopefully I got a B or B-. But who knows. Fuck con law.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon May 02, 2011 6:37 pm

maxpayne wrote:I got superstar whore pwned by eads. Hopefully I got a B or B-. But who knows. Fuck con law.

I think the curve on that exam is going to be pretty loose.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 pm

dakatz wrote:

I might as well copy this so I can paste it tomorrow afternoon when I am done with mine. I've never dreaded anything so much. How people love this pseudo-philosophy so dearly is beyond me. ConLaw actually wants to make me take something like tax, which I was pretty opposed to before coming to law school. Ug, at least it will all be over in a day. I feel like I'm gonna bomb this thing Hiroshima style tomorrow.

Exactly how I feel.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Mon May 02, 2011 6:39 pm

kalvano wrote:I think the curve on that exam is going to be pretty loose.

Not as loose as my asshole was after taking that final.

mths

Postby mths » Mon May 02, 2011 6:40 pm

rad law wrote:
dakatz wrote:

Exactly how I feel.

MIne last semester was a 24 hour take home

I wrote for 18 hours straight

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon May 02, 2011 6:40 pm

kalvano wrote:
maxpayne wrote:I got superstar whore pwned by eads. Hopefully I got a B or B-. But who knows. Fuck con law.

I think the curve on that exam my asshole is going to be pretty loose.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”