1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Stanford4Me

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:05 pm

mths wrote:Why the 2-207 love? We just skimmed over that today...fucking headache of a useless piece of shit provision that doesn't even resolve the problems in common law provision.

Our professor also loves 2-207. As a result, so do I.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:38 pm

I loathe the UCC.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:46 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I loathe the UCC.

It's TTT and my professor seemingly misapplies it to everything. I'm pretty sure the sale of a company isn't a sale of goods.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:18 pm

BriaTharen wrote:
mths wrote:Why the 2-207 love? We just skimmed over that today...fucking headache of a useless piece of shit provision that doesn't even resolve the problems in common law provision.

I think my prof just loves ranting about it. He hates the thing. But fortunate thing is he asks a very similar battle of the forms question each year so you can prepare for it. But for the scenarios he sets up he wants common law, current UCC, and revised UCC response.

He also spent forever and a day on consideration, while other sections did consideration in less than a week.

We spent almost 3 weeks on consideration. I know more than I want to know about promissory estoppel, the pre-existing duty rule (and how R.2d § 89 can be used to counter), moral obligation/past consideration, etc.

I'd rather do that than the UCC though. There's an upper level course here that's just UCC. I think I might end up taking it, because contracts is my favorite so far. But maybe that's because my professor is awesome.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

It's TTT and my professor seemingly misapplies it to everything. I'm pretty sure the sale of a company isn't a sale of goods.

My professor reads us passages of it aloud from the book. I want to hire him to read me bedtime stories

Postby 09042014 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

My professor reads us passages of it aloud from the book. I want to hire him to read me bedtime stories

Professor Shapo literally read us Goldilocks and the Three Bears yesterday, and then issue spotted it for us.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Professor Shapo literally read us Goldilocks and the Three Bears yesterday, and then issue spotted it for us.

That actually sounds awesome. My only useful class yesterday was the one taught by our TA.

mths

Postby mths » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Nothing like reading the federal rules to put you straight to sleep -- start with 26 and you'll be out light a light in about 10 minutes.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Crim is finally starting to crystallize, thank god. Tonight I should slay the rest of my crim outline, leaving Civ Pro.

Anyone else go through mood swings in terms of feeling prepared for finals? Sometimes I'm like fuck yeah this shit is fine, other times I'm like what the fuck did I get myself in to.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:50 pm

i think i'd rather stab myself in the thigh with a fork than continue studying. anyone have any good motivational youtube clips?

Postby 09042014 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:55 pm

dailygrind wrote:i think i'd rather stab myself in the thigh with a fork than continue studying. anyone have any good motivational youtube clips?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeMXf_g7y3o

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:55 pm

mths wrote:Nothing like reading the federal rules to put you straight to sleep -- start with 26 and you'll be out light a light in about 10 minutes.

I've read it before bed the past 3 nights.

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:02 pm

dailygrind wrote:i think i'd rather stab myself in the thigh with a fork than continue studying. anyone have any good motivational youtube clips?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB1DD56gp6g

Try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1lY--7H-g

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:09 pm

good stuff, thanks guys. time to rock n roll.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 pm

mths wrote:Nothing like reading the federal rules to put you straight to sleep -- start with 26 and you'll be out light a light in about 10 minutes.

+ freakin 1.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:20 pm

civ pro review to the tune of the lion king

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI0HCW39 ... re=related

And sadly, that renewed my motivation.

onthecusp

Postby onthecusp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

I don't get it, why is the UCC TTT? Wouldn't your professor's misapplication of the UCC make him TTT?

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:48 pm

onthecusp wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I don't get it, why is the UCC TTT? Wouldn't your professor's misapplication of the UCC make him TTT?

It's a horrible waste of paper and ink and I want to burn roll it up and smoke it.

mths

Postby mths » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 pm

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:50 pm

I'm so glad I don't have civ pro this semester.

onthecusp

Postby onthecusp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 pm

beach_terror wrote:Crim is finally starting to crystallize, thank god. Tonight I should slay the rest of my crim outline, leaving Civ Pro.

Anyone else go through mood swings in terms of feeling prepared for finals? Sometimes I'm like fuck yeah this shit is fine, other times I'm like what the fuck did I get myself in to.

*Raises hand*

Contracts - I'm like, fuck yeah, I'm the Prosser of Contracts....wait, what's this remedies shit.
Torts - Yeah, torts is cake, not even worried about it. (Takes Barbri practice multiple choice exam) FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!
Property - Yeah......fuck estates and future interests.
Civ Pro - I've actually made peace with Civ Pro, we're fuck buddies now and it's her turn to lay face down on the pillow.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 pm

YOU ARE RULE 20(a)!
You are Rule 20, an important part of the Federal Rules' policy of permissive joinder. You are designed specifically to allow as many parties in an action as can be tried efficiently, and you'll include someone as long as there is some factual overlap between a claim involving them and the rest of the case at hand. You are popular, out-going, and are never far from friends. However, your overly gregarious nature and magnanimous approach do make things a bit crowded--you're the reason that lawsuits are often cluttered with innumerable parties and even more numberous claims for relief. Still, despite the crowds that you attract, you can't argue with the efficiency of getting everything done at once!

mths

Postby mths » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 pm

onthecusp wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Crim is finally starting to crystallize, thank god. Tonight I should slay the rest of my crim outline, leaving Civ Pro.

*Raises hand*

Contracts - I'm like, fuck yeah, I'm the Prosser of Contracts....wait, what's this remedies shit.
Torts - Yeah, torts is cake, not even worried about it. (Takes Barbri practice multiple choice exam) FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!
Civ Pro - I've actually made peace with Civ Pro, we're fuck buddies now and it's her turn to lay face down on the pillow.

Wildly graphic

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:57 pm

beach_terror wrote:Anyone else go through mood swings in terms of feeling prepared for finals? Sometimes I'm like fuck yeah this shit is fine, other times I'm like what the fuck did I get myself in to.

Yes. If someone brings up a great point in class that I haven't thought of, I get the feeling for the rest of the day that I'm way behind. But usually then the next day there's a bunch of people that can't figure it out so I feel good again.

The worst part about 1L is not knowing where you stand, and having no grades.

onthecusp

Postby onthecusp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:07 pm

mths wrote:
onthecusp wrote:

*Raises hand*

Wildly graphic

I'm not usually the graphic sort.....but you know, studying for law school finals, pent up energy and all that jazz.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”