1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby gwuorbust » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Omerta wrote:And I'm finished. Good luck to y'all who still have exams.


must be an amazing feeling!!!

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby fathergoose » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Thirteen wrote:
Omerta wrote:And I'm finished. Good luck to y'all who still have exams.


Nice. Have a beer for all of us


Currently 26 people viewing this thread so better get to drinking

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Borhas » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:00 pm

1st Exam (Torts) in one hour

I will face this task with the tenacity of a Champion

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:27 pm

done with 1L exams, suckers

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Grizz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:done with 1L exams, suckers


I loathe you. Tomorrow I will be half done.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby goosey » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:done with 1L exams, suckers


wow congrats..we only just finished classes today

User avatar
emorystud2010
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby emorystud2010 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:12 pm

been done since this morning. i feel more a sense of emptiness than joy...

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby forty-two » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:16 pm

goosey wrote:
Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:done with 1L exams, suckers


wow congrats..we only just finished classes today

To be fair, our exam schedule sucked. We only had one reading day, and then only one day in between most of our exams. I'm glad it's over now, but I kind of would have been nice to have just a little more time.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby forty-two » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:20 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:been done since this morning. i feel more a sense of emptiness than joy...

Haha why empty? I felt kind of weird about it yesterday right after my exam, but now I'm mostly feeling relief, exhaustion, and overwhelming fear that my gpa will drop...a lot.

User avatar
emorystud2010
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby emorystud2010 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Just a day.
Last edited by emorystud2010 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Grizz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:26 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:
forty-two wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:been done since this morning. i feel more a sense of emptiness than joy...

Haha why empty? I felt kind of weird about it yesterday right after my exam, but now I'm mostly feeling relief, exhaustion, and overwhelming fear that my gpa will drop...a lot.


idk. a mix of boredom, fear of the future, and problems with the gf (aka don't know how much longer its gonna last) isn't making for a good "done with exams" day.


Get drunk and break up w her.

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Always Credited » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:35 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:
forty-two wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:been done since this morning. i feel more a sense of emptiness than joy...

Haha why empty? I felt kind of weird about it yesterday right after my exam, but now I'm mostly feeling relief, exhaustion, and overwhelming fear that my gpa will drop...a lot.


idk. a mix of boredom, fear of the future, and problems with the gf (aka don't know how much longer its gonna last) isn't making for a good "done with exams" day.


boredom? strip clubs, alcohol and friends were made for a reason.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:48 pm

forty-two wrote:
goosey wrote:
Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:done with 1L exams, suckers


wow congrats..we only just finished classes today

To be fair, our exam schedule sucked. We only had one reading day, and then only one day in between most of our exams. I'm glad it's over now, but I kind of would have been nice to have just a little more time.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

Yes, I'd rather still be taking finals right now than have two closed book exams 45 hours apart, and all 4 in over 7 days.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby stratocophic » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:54 pm

rad law wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:
forty-two wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:been done since this morning. i feel more a sense of emptiness than joy...

Haha why empty? I felt kind of weird about it yesterday right after my exam, but now I'm mostly feeling relief, exhaustion, and overwhelming fear that my gpa will drop...a lot.


idk. a mix of boredom, fear of the future, and problems with the gf (aka don't know how much longer its gonna last) isn't making for a good "done with exams" day.


Get drunk and break up w her.
Why was this not delivered in a

Image

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby mths » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:07 pm

My prof wrote the casebook and blackletter outline for my class. We are only allowed to bring the blackletter outline to the exam...

Both the casebook and outline seem to have been organized by a crowd of drunken and indecisive teenagers.

User avatar
emorystud2010
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby emorystud2010 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:07 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by emorystud2010 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
weee
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby weee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:41 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:Not much into strippers and I don't really drink alone. I don't really know what friends to call for drinking.


Are you sure you're in law school?

td6624
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby td6624 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:45 pm

brain is dead

crapped out a day early, unfortunately. i keep telling myself i'll get back to it tonight but it's just not happening. i didn't even study as much as i could/should have. it's just the monotony. the soul crushing monotony.

i need a goddamn drink.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby keg411 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:46 pm

mths wrote:My prof wrote the casebook and blackletter outline for my class. We are only allowed to bring the blackletter outline to the exam...

Both the casebook and outline seem to have been organized by a crowd of drunken and indecisive teenagers.


If you are talking about CivPro, I'm pretty sure I have that blackletter outline.

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby mths » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:54 pm

keg411 wrote:
mths wrote:My prof wrote the casebook and blackletter outline for my class. We are only allowed to bring the blackletter outline to the exam...

Both the casebook and outline seem to have been organized by a crowd of drunken and indecisive teenagers.


If you are talking about CivPro, I'm pretty sure I have that blackletter outline.

Oh ABSOLUTELY

people just know

jkay
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby jkay » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:58 pm

IMPENDING CLOSED BOOK CIVPRO FINAL. ABORT MISSION.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Grizz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:02 pm

jkay wrote:IMPENDING CLOSED BOOK CIVPRO FINAL. ABORT MISSION.


Fuck it bro

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby goosey » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:07 pm

I am sick and cant get myself un-blah'd enough to accomplish anything significant. help.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Grizz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:09 pm

goosey wrote:I am sick and cant get myself un-blah'd enough to accomplish anything significant. help.


Whoever helps goose please help me with the same thing. It's like I haven't burnt out, it's just blaaaaahhhhh

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Grizz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Since I don't really KNOW much property, if at all, my lovingly tabbed outline will have to do.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests