1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Always Credited » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:57 pm

beach_terror wrote:
Always Credited wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Lifted today then took a nap. Woke up feeling renewed. Hoped into my car to hit the library and the first song to come on in my car is I Want You Back - Jackson 5. I'm fucking motivated again. I am absolutely going to make law review after this semester is over. Ain't nobody stopping me. LETS DO IT.


The key to all success rests in the squat, bench and deadlift, young man

Good, because I jumped my 5x5 bench to 210 today.


doing 5x5? you sir, gain +100 respect points.
I did that routine two years ago and literally gained 70 pounds of muscle, haha

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23852
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Thirteen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Always Credited wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Lifted today then took a nap. Woke up feeling renewed. Hoped into my car to hit the library and the first song to come on in my car is I Want You Back - Jackson 5. I'm fucking motivated again. I am absolutely going to make law review after this semester is over. Ain't nobody stopping me. LETS DO IT.


The key to all success rests in the squat, bench and deadlift, young man


I just got back to the library from leg day at the gym. I feel super motivated to outline Property for the next 4 hours.

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby GATORTIM » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm crushing hammerstrength equipment like it's my job...I can't do trad'l bench. for some reason it effs with my shoulder.

Eco
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Eco » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:06 pm

I honestly studied more last semester but I think I can safely say that barring any crazy meltdowns I will probably do better this time around. I just know what to expect. Last semester I basically aced the first 2 exams, did well on the third, and didn't do as well as I hoped on the fourth. Lack of sleep + over-stressing IMO was a big factor.

Should wait until the 11th hour before I make a judgment on my stress levels though, lol!

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby stayway » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:41 pm

So, what is the best method to memorize for Ks?

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:43 pm

You know its finals when your eyes start to hurt from all the straining. Also, I'm concerned about how short my con law is. That class seems to basically just be cases.

User avatar
as stars burn
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby as stars burn » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:13 am

Thirteen wrote:
D-hops wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Crackdown starts tomorrow. No more excuses. :(


+1. Sad but necessary. I feel a lot less prepared and motivated than I did last semester.


I feel the same way. My first final is in 16 days, and I still don't feel like busting my ass to prep for finals.


Same here. This semester just kicked my ass. Legal Writing sucked up more time (for less credit hours) and I hate Contracts and Property. I had 1 outline fully done by this time last semester and the rest almost done, but this semester I'm nowhere near done. I have lots of started outlines but I still have another week or two worth or so of solid outlining to go. I did too much this semester. I landed a law clerking position that I just could give up (but that ends on Monday, thank God), and I volunteered quite a bit of hours too. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm fatigued, overwhelmed, cranky, and I feel I feel like I'm on the verge of tears most of the time. I hope to do at least as well as last semester.

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Always Credited » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:49 am

I've come to the realization that I'll never understand contracts

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:11 am

Always Credited wrote:I've come to the realization that I'll never understand contracts any of my classes this semester

ftfm

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23852
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Thirteen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:12 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
Always Credited wrote:I've come to the realization that I'll never understand contracts any of my classes this semester

ftfm

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:37 am

Thirteen wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Always Credited wrote:I've come to the realization that I'll never understand contracts any of my classes this semester

ftfm


+1. Ridiculous.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby goosey » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 pm

nooyyllib wrote:So, what is the best method to memorize for Ks?


was sucking at K's until I found a method--do law in a flash for X topic, outline section, do law in a flash for topic again and run fill in gaps in outline with info from cards.

has worked so far.

Eco
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Eco » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Contracts is the most straightforward class of them all. Just depends on your professor. Ours is so great--semester 1 all we did was common law, and semester 2 all we did was Article 2 U.C.C.. Really made learning all of it easier.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Idk, I loved K's. I had an "attack outline" where it was basically 15-25 different questions like: "Valid offer?", "Valid acceptance?", "Consideration?", "Subject to SoF?", etc. I also separated my real outline into those section to cover everything needed.

On another note, I cant seem to get the rule against perputuities very well. I haven't cracked open the supplement yet so maybe it will be cleared up by then, but just based on notes and class work I am wrong like 25% of the time whether the rule is violated or not.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7231
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby beach_terror » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:13 pm

Property is fucking simple. We're not doing RAP though (at least I don't think so). This test is going to be cake, this shit is right up my alley. It's basically Civ Pro, all rules. Just run that shit through, get an answer, supplement with analysis, get A.

maf70
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:57 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby maf70 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:17 pm

This semester's exams are going to suck. No outlines allowed for contracts, torts, or property exams.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby stayway » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Fuck you Ks

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:28 pm

beach_terror wrote:Property is fucking simple. We're not doing RAP though (at least I don't think so). This test is going to be cake, this shit is right up my alley. It's basically Civ Pro, all rules. Just run that shit through, get an answer, supplement with analysis, get A.


Yeah, the rest of the class is thinking the exact same thing though. Minus RAP this was by far the easiest class of the semester. Con Law is another story, especially with my prof...

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby Always Credited » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:53 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Idk, I loved K's. I had an "attack outline" where it was basically 15-25 different questions like: "Valid offer?", "Valid acceptance?", "Consideration?", "Subject to SoF?", etc. I also separated my real outline into those section to cover everything needed.

On another note, I cant seem to get the rule against perputuities very well. I haven't cracked open the supplement yet so maybe it will be cleared up by then, but just based on notes and class work I am wrong like 25% of the time whether the rule is violated or not.


After spending the entire day on breach/excusable breach/remedies-damages/warranties, I feel a lot better about K's.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Always Credited wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Idk, I loved K's. I had an "attack outline" where it was basically 15-25 different questions like: "Valid offer?", "Valid acceptance?", "Consideration?", "Subject to SoF?", etc. I also separated my real outline into those section to cover everything needed.

On another note, I cant seem to get the rule against perputuities very well. I haven't cracked open the supplement yet so maybe it will be cleared up by then, but just based on notes and class work I am wrong like 25% of the time whether the rule is violated or not.


After spending the entire day on breach/excusable breach/remedies-damages/warranties, I feel a lot better about K's.


Did you (or anyone) get to the cases where the reliance damages end up being MORE than the expectation damages yet? Those took a few tries to figure out when we first learned them. A lot of math :)

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7231
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby beach_terror » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:26 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Property is fucking simple. We're not doing RAP though (at least I don't think so). This test is going to be cake, this shit is right up my alley. It's basically Civ Pro, all rules. Just run that shit through, get an answer, supplement with analysis, get A.


Yeah, the rest of the class is thinking the exact same thing though. Minus RAP this was by far the easiest class of the semester. Con Law is another story, especially with my prof...

Yeah, the rest of my section thought CivPro was easy and straightforward too. Still did well.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby stayway » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:32 pm

beach_terror wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Property is fucking simple. We're not doing RAP though (at least I don't think so). This test is going to be cake, this shit is right up my alley. It's basically Civ Pro, all rules. Just run that shit through, get an answer, supplement with analysis, get A.


Yeah, the rest of the class is thinking the exact same thing though. Minus RAP this was by far the easiest class of the semester. Con Law is another story, especially with my prof...

Yeah, the rest of my section thought CivPro was easy and straightforward too. Still did well.


I didn't think CivPro was "easy." You did well because you loved it, freak.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7231
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby beach_terror » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:38 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Property is fucking simple. We're not doing RAP though (at least I don't think so). This test is going to be cake, this shit is right up my alley. It's basically Civ Pro, all rules. Just run that shit through, get an answer, supplement with analysis, get A.


Yeah, the rest of the class is thinking the exact same thing though. Minus RAP this was by far the easiest class of the semester. Con Law is another story, especially with my prof...

Yeah, the rest of my section thought CivPro was easy and straightforward too. Still did well.

I didn't think CivPro was "easy." You did well because you loved it, freak.

Yeah, if I can find a way to "love" all the material this semester, shit should be EZPZ.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby stayway » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:39 pm

beach_terror wrote:Yeah, if I can find a way to "love" all the tests this semester, shit should be EZPZ.


+1, srsly.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:46 pm

I hate civ pro FRCP but loved Civ Pro Jurisdiction. The more I am here the more I realize it really has a lot more to do with the quality of your professor than most give credence to.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests