1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
beach_terror

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby beach_terror » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Always Credited wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
Always Credited wrote:When I'm bummed, I stomp noobs in Starcraft2. That always makes me feel better.

God I wish I didn't sell my desktop before law school. Ripping kids in CS 1.6 would feel fucking wonderful right now .

AWP to the face?

Noscope the fuck outta kids.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Apparently one girl in my class just cracked. I guess the stress got to her. She started posting incoherent things on facebook. Would talk to herself. I think she either quit or got kicked out. It was just bizarre.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 pm

I spent a lot of time watching Entourage this weekend. Currently on Season 6. I'll probably watch some episodes during finals because, fortunately (or not so fortunately), my exams are spaced out.

mths

Postby mths » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Apparently one girl in my class just cracked. I guess the stress got to her. She started posting incoherent things on facebook. Would talk to herself. I think she either quit or got kicked out. It was just bizarre.

this needs to be posted in the admissions forum as a general warning

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:33 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Apparently one girl in my class just cracked. I guess the stress got to her. She started posting incoherent things on facebook. Would talk to herself. I think she either quit or got kicked out. It was just bizarre.

Is it bad that I'm kinda jealous?

Mroberts3

Postby Mroberts3 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:09 pm

beach_terror wrote:
Always Credited wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
Always Credited wrote:When I'm bummed, I stomp noobs in Starcraft2. That always makes me feel better.

God I wish I didn't sell my desktop before law school. Ripping kids in CS 1.6 would feel fucking wonderful right now .

AWP to the face?

Noscope the fuck outta kids.

Halo: Reach... moar please!

Also useful as a reminder. Law school is hard, but not as hard as fighting off a homicidal alien race.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:33 pm

beach_terror wrote:

of being cracked in the head or of having seen someone mentally break? either way, yes.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:41 pm

beach_terror wrote:

It was hilarious to watch. And there is a small part of me that wishes I could just go to work, come home, watch tv and not have to worry about getting shit done. I used to listen to music as well. Law school has pretty much killed that. So, in either sense of the word... nope.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:51 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

It was hilarious to watch. And there is a small part of me that wishes I could just go to work, come home, watch tv and not have to worry about getting shit done. I used to listen to music as well. Law school has pretty much killed that. So, in either sense of the word... nope.

Is school like this at many schools? I don't see behavior like this at mine

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

+1

The closest I've experienced is some light crying in the law library after grades came out.

mths

Postby mths » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Helmholtz wrote:+1

The closest I've experienced is some light crying in the law library after grades came out.

I saw someone cry when the formatting on their outline printed out wrong

but generally people are ok -- withdrawn as finals come around but there aren't really any breakdowns

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:58 pm

mths wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:+1

I saw someone cry when the formatting on their outline printed out wrong

:lol:

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

I think that's why it was so bizarre. No one else is nearly that stressed. She's basically the youtube version of law school. I've also just spent the past hour of my life watching law school you tube videos.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:03 am

snowpeach06 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Is it bad that I'm kinda jealous?

I think that's why it was so bizarre. No one else is nearly that stressed. She's basically the youtube version of law school. I've also just spent the past hour of my life watching law school you tube videos.

I mean even the whole not being able to listen to music because you have to gun so much. I'm definitely a slacker, and I'm def not the top of my class but there isn't anyone I know who doesn't have free time. And I know a guy who is probably the top 1 or 2 guys in the law school.

Is the competition just fierce at some schools or are TLSers exaggerators? Or Both?

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:08 am

Helmholtz wrote:The closest I've experienced is some light crying in the law library after grades came out.

strong reason to have grades come out when everyone's away on break. seriously LS, you saddle us with monstrous debt, rob us of 3 years of our youth, and push us far along the road towards alcoholism and diabetes. at least leave us some semblance of dignity.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:10 am

Desert Fox wrote:I mean even the whole not being able to listen to music because you have to gun so much. I'm definitely a slacker, and I'm def not the top of my class but there isn't anyone I know who doesn't have free time. And I know a guy who is probably the top 1 or 2 guys in the law school.

Is the competition just fierce at some schools or are TLSers exaggerators? Or Both?

Ohh, its not that I don't have time for music. Its that I live 2 minutes from school, so I get no car time. I can't listen to music while studying. And no one will ever go to a concert with me.

I'm also fairly lazy. I think most people 1. suck at being efficient 2. exaggerate. Obviously, its work. But it's not bad until the month before finals.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:10 am

dailygrind wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:The closest I've experienced is some light crying in the law library after grades came out.

strong reason to have grades come out when everyone's away on break. seriously LS, you saddle us with monstrous debt, rob us of 3 years of our youth, and push us far along the road towards alcoholism and diabetes. at least leave us some semblance of dignity.

I have seen several of these- as well as a few tears after exams. By far the most popular option for dealing with both is getting blackout drunk! There were many many of those last semester and im expecting (hoping for) more in a few weeks :)

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:25 am

Desert Fox wrote:
I mean even the whole not being able to listen to music because you have to gun so much. I'm definitely a slacker, and I'm def not the top of my class but there isn't anyone I know who doesn't have free time. And I know a guy who is probably the top 1 or 2 guys in the law school.

TLSers exaggerating? Impossible!

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:51 am

gwuorbust wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

TLSers exaggerating? Impossible!

Eco

Postby Eco » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:51 am

Definitely more relaxed heading into these finals. Got my outlining done earlier and I generally know what to expect. Hopefully will keep my grades at same level at least, or maybe push them higher? Who knows...don't really care that much. I find that not caring about grades while doing the finals works for me. I just want to know the law and do the best I can on the exams.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:00 am

Eco wrote:Definitely more relaxed heading into these finals. Got my outlining done earlier and I generally know what to expect. Hopefully will keep my grades at same level at least, or maybe push them higher? Who knows...don't really care that much. I find that not caring about grades while doing the finals works for me. I just want to know the law and do the best I can on the exams.

This has been my attitude lately, and it has made me feel a lot better lately.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:43 am

Crackdown starts tomorrow. No more excuses. :(

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:00 am

Property final is in 21 days and I just started outlining last night. Believe it or not, we happened to cover a lot of law in property. Whoda thunk?

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:41 am

Eco wrote:Definitely more relaxed heading into these finals. Got my outlining done earlier and I generally know what to expect. Hopefully will keep my grades at same level at least, or maybe push them higher? Who knows...don't really care that much. I find that not caring about grades while doing the finals works for me. I just want to know the law and do the best I can on the exams.

I feel more screwed this semester than last. I've generally been lazyier, and my one class I'm lost in isn't a class where I can just buy a supplement and learn shit. Plus, civ pro is so straightforward, that everyone will do well. Con law is a jumble, and I have an extra class.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:03 am

snowpeach06 wrote:

I feel more screwed this semester than last. I've generally been lazyier, and my one class I'm lost in isn't a class where I can just buy a supplement and learn shit. Plus, civ pro is so straightforward, that everyone will do well. Con law is a jumble, and I have an extra class.

+1 to all of this.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”