1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
snowpeach06

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:38 pm

solotee wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Literally freaking out about my paper. It's wrong, but I don't know how to fix it. I'm just stumped, and everything I do seems to make it worse. I can't find a solution. I'm so fucked. I don't even know what to do. Like, spending time on it is getting me nowhere, but, I need to spend time on it because it's due Friday. Even when I try to breathe and collect my thoughts, I'm not coming up with anything.

Put it aside for a day. Come back to it Thursday. You will then have a better chance of figuring out how to fix it, rather than working on it tomorrow and Thursday.

A very big part of me is too scared to put it aside, because I have so little time to work on it and so much to do. But, your probably right. Whatever I'm doing now isn't helping, so I may as well go take a really long shower, finish my reading for the week and watch some tv. Worse comes to worse I can skip some classes on Thursday to work on it.

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:43 pm

rad law wrote:Hate

Con - amorphous mess
Crim - more divorced from real life than law school classes usually.

Civ pro - good teacher who is actually clear about shit
Property - like history and medieval shit

I thought the same about Crim until I outlined it; it's fairly coherent and has easier application once you put it all together.

Civil Procedure is the most daunting to me and our casebook, while initially wonderful, has devolved into "LOL CHECK THIS INSIGNIFICANT NOTE CASE OK NOW IM GONNA ASK YOU QUESTIONS WITH NO EXPLANATION"
Last edited by YourCaptain on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:43 pm

BEHIND THIS WEEK ON MY FUCKING OUTLINING, FUCK

20 pages of abortion and I can finally put conlawl aside, brb in an hour to gloat about a marginal accomplishment in the midst of an incoming shitstorm of finals

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:29 pm

My goal is to have all outlines done by Sunday.

Property is up to date. Civ Pro is half way there. Crim pro is half way there. Con Law is non existent cause I am too scared to even start.

This is getting real, only a month left.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:34 pm

I'm not even caught up in all of my classes yet. Thinking about outlining makes me break out in cold sweats.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:36 pm

with only three classes, I'm pretty much all caught up on the material. now it's just time to learn what is actually in all of my briefs and begin PTs. . .

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:46 pm

I still dont get how the majority of schools seem to have 3 classes + HelLWR. Why the hell do I have 4 classes + HelLWR?! Plus COn Law is enough material for two classes in itself :)

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:47 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I still dont get how the majority of schools seem to have 3 classes + HelLWR. Why the hell do I have 4 classes + HelLWR?! Plus COn Law is enough material for two classes in itself :)

did you have 3 classes 1st semester?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:56 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I still dont get how the majority of schools seem to have 3 classes + HelLWR. Why the hell do I have 4 classes + HelLWR?! Plus COn Law is enough material for two classes in itself :)

Got ConLaw, Ks, property, and an elective +ROFLRW

It sucks and I've been swamped for like 2 weeks straight, but I hope people that slack off are going to get fucked real bad when it comes finals time.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:03 pm

beach_terror wrote:BEHIND THIS WEEK ON MY FUCKING OUTLINING, FUCK

20 pages of abortion and I can finally put conlawl aside, brb in an hour to gloat about a marginal accomplishment in the midst of an incoming shitstorm of finals

At least you're only behind a week. I'm behind over a month in K's, 3 weeks in property (and these 3 weeks include future interests and the rap so will likely take longer to outline) and I don't even know how behind in con law because I am not outlining in order--our prof did the course in time sequence and so I did the commerce clause once we reached the modern application, dormant commerce is done, executive powers is semi-done..still need to do the reconstruction amendments which will be a beast.

I have 5 days between con law (8 hour take home) and K's (closed book) and then 3 days after Ks till property (open book. Pre-written answers ftw)

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:36 pm

gwuorbust wrote:

No, I had 4 + LWR 1st semester and now have 4 + LWR. I think the difference between our school and some other sis that our school makes Crim Pro a required 1L course and splits Civ Pro into Civ Pro I (Jurisdiction) and Civ Pro II (FRCP). Hence the extra class each semester.

lawfuture10

Postby lawfuture10 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:40 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:

No, I had 4 + LWR 1st semester and now have 4 + LWR. I think the difference between our school and some other sis that our school makes Crim Pro a required 1L course and splits Civ Pro into Civ Pro I (Jurisdiction) and Civ Pro II (FRCP). Hence the extra class each semester.

5 + LRW -- stupid school reduces the credit amount for LRW / Civ Pro without decreasing the work load.

So, right now we have Crim, Property, Torts, Contracts all at 3 credits and LRW / CivPro at 2 Credits.

Life sucks.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:41 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:

4 classes each sem + graded LRW and we do jurisdiction and FRCP in 1 sem of civpro.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:41 pm

YourCaptain wrote:I thought the same about Crim until I outlined it; it's fairly coherent and has easier application once you put it all together.

I guess I mean that in real life, crim attys. don't usually spend their time fucking around with mens rea and whatnot. It's all crim pro, evidence, 4th amendment, etc.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:45 pm

We have 3 + LRW and 3 + LRW. :D

I fixed a lot of my Crim outline today and worked on my Oral Argument. Still have a lot to do, but not overwhelmed... yet.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Appellate brief is assigned this week. Trying to finish rough drafts of 3 outlines before then.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:54 pm

I started to read, and read the same sentence 3 times. Then I started to watch the bad girls club, and am now watching Ms. Congeniality. Fail both for my lack of accomplishment, and my tv choices.

Gatriel

Postby Gatriel » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Checking in ---

Crim outline up to date
Civ Pro - 3 weeks old
Torts - 3 weeks old
Property & Contracts . . . lulwut?

LRW = noone cares.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Gatriel wrote:Checking in ---

Crim outline up to date
Civ Pro - 3 weeks old
Torts - 3 weeks old

LRW = noone cares.

5 substantive classes? that's a shit ton!

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:20 pm

swc65 wrote:

Crim outline up to date
Civ Pro - 3 weeks old
Torts - 3 weeks old

LRW = noone cares.

5 substantive classes? that's a shit ton!

Why don't you suck it....I have 6.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Based on how many classes everyone else has, I definitely picked the right lawl skool :lol: :lol: (note to lurking 0L's - do not pick your school based on number of substantive classes... this is a joke).

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Crim outline up to date
Civ Pro - 3 weeks old
Torts - 3 weeks old

LRW = noone cares.

I love when people ask me if I did the reading for LWR. I haven't read since day 1 for that class, the books were such a waste of money.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Still a full quarter to go...Fed. Tax, IP, 14th Amendment and another (our 3rd) LRW. Can't I go back on Spring Break?

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:33 am

I have 5 classes this semester too.

Civ Pro
Property
Con Law
Graded LWR
Elective - For me thats IP. Which, by the way, I love.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:32 am

keg411 wrote:Based on how many classes everyone else has, I definitely picked the right lawl skool :lol: :lol: (note to lurking 0L's - do not pick your school based on number of substantive classes... this is a joke).

Honestly, I wish we had more than just three substantive classes per semester. Luck seems like plays more of a role than if there were five; and it's all on a curve, so whether three classes are objectively easier than five classes doesn't really matter that much.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”