1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
solotee

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby solotee » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Borhas wrote:it's not about beating others, the only competition is against my own vices... what motivates me is the excellence I demand from myself, especially in my work since it's a representation of myself.

at least that's what I tell myself

You are an incredible tool.

It's better to worry about yourself as opposed to what everyone else is doing. Although the above comment may sound cocky, I think that's the right mindset

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:26 pm

blerg wrote:The library is so empty today. You'd think it'd light the competitive fire under me, but it's just depressing.

At the library as well, place is 99% empty... but of course some tools are sitting near me and talking loud as fuck, and I don't feel like moving all my shit.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Do they make December 1 the date we can start applying for summer jobs just to make sure we all want to kill ourselves???
Yes.

We had all kinds of mandatory meetings about the process. The message was always, "Now, don't worry about this right now, because your first semester grades are all that matter. But it's very important that you fill out your symplicity profile and update your resume and format it to conform with our requirements and sign up for a small group meeting and then a one-on-one meeting to discuss said resume and job possibilities and oh you'll need to research the jobs you want for next year before you do that and also don't forget to register for the career fair and summer funding before December 1 or you lose the chance and then come to the informal career fair and make contacts and email them a follow-up thank you with your resume attached in case they know of any opportunities and make sure you are making contacts in other areas too.

But don't worry about all this right now because grades are all that matter." /self

Holly Golightly wrote:
Borhas wrote:it's not about beating others, the only competition is against my own vices... what motivates me is the excellence I demand from myself, especially in my work since it's a representation of myself.

yes.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:42 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:47 pm

IAFG wrote:i hate everything and everyone and want to die.

Truer than ever

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:56 pm

betasteve wrote:
IAFG wrote:
IAFG wrote:i hate everything and everyone and want to die.

Truer than ever

quoting yourself; shameful.

Go to hell beta.

neimanmarxist

Postby neimanmarxist » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:06 pm

skoobily doobily wrote:My newest motivation is making memes for every major subject I work through.

--ImageRemoved--

epic.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Hermione's face in that looks EXACTLY like some of the face's of the female gunners in my section when they get a question wrong in class.

blerg

Postby blerg » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:14 pm

beach_terror wrote:
blerg wrote:The library is so empty today. You'd think it'd light the competitive fire under me, but it's just depressing.

At the library as well, place is 99% empty... but of course some tools are sitting near me and talking loud as fuck, and I don't feel like moving all my shit.

I outlasted all of the chip crunchers who came in around 2 :/

bostonian

Postby bostonian » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:04 pm

dailygrind wrote:
bostonian wrote:Image

seems kind of hard to do that by yourself. we might need to get together. i foresee mutual gains from trade in our future.

I may take you up on that offer. :)

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:43 pm

my civ pro professor is going to test us on something that relates to the book "A Civil Action," for 2/3 of our test. i am essentially writing up a book report on the facts of the trial right now so i can have them handy. law school = high school.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:50 pm

--ImageRemoved--
1: I am completely unsure whether I am experiencing pain or itching or maybe I just have a bad taste in my mouth.

2: I probably just need a Band Aid.

3: This is distressing. I don't want this to be happening to me at all.

4: My pain is not fucking around.

5: Why is this happening to me??

6: Ow. Okay, my pain is super legit now.

7: I see Jesus coming for me and I'm scared.

8: I am experiencing a disturbing amount of pain. I might actually be dying. Please help.

9: I am almost definitely dying.

10: I am actively being mauled by a bear.

11: Blood is going to explode out of my face at any moment.

Too Serious For Numbers: You probably have ebola. It appears that you may also be suffering from Stigmata and/or pinkeye.

having LRW done with moved me down a few numbers

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:08 pm

betasteve wrote:Don't make me crush your spirits.

I'm a BPer. you can't say anything worse to me than DF tells me every day.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:13 pm

betasteve wrote:
IAFG wrote:
betasteve wrote:Don't make me crush your spirits.

I'm a BPer. you can't say anything worse to me than DF tells me every day.

I can tell you thinks he doesn't know—things about the next 6 months of your life.

i'm definitely getting the abortion, don't worry

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Dear god, the people who write rape law statutes should win prizes for being some of the most incompetent individuals on the planet.

I'm not sure whether or not I like having one of three exam questions for crim as a take home. Two questions, 500 word total limit, comparing and contrasting two rape law statutes - one U.S. and one foreign.

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:59 pm

For anyone who is struggling with Civ Pro (I know I was/am), I highly suggest checking out the BarBri lectures. It has helped me a lot so far with the overall concepts and is really just an amazing way to get the whole subject in 6 lectures. You need to be a BarBri member but if you aren't you can probably find a friend who is willing to share. Hope this helps someone else as much as it has helped me!

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:05 pm

beach_terror wrote:Dear god, the people who write rape law statutes should win prizes for being some of the most incompetent individuals on the planet.

I'm not sure whether or not I like having one of three exam questions for crim as a take home. Two questions, 500 word total limit, comparing and contrasting two rape law statutes - one U.S. and one foreign.

7-hour take-home crim exam with a tight word limit. One issue-spotter and one policy question. Do I win a prize???

Postby 09042014 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Dear god, the people who write rape law statutes should win prizes for being some of the most incompetent individuals on the planet.

7-hour take-home crim exam with a tight word limit. One issue-spotter and one policy question. Do I win a prize???

Are you at the lady bits hospital?

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:

Yup. So is IAFG.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Are you at the lady bits hospital?

Yup. So is IAFG.

Oh yeah, I sense some SRS studying, on the horizon....

Postby 09042014 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:14 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:

Yup. So is IAFG.

Any of you wanna get Ginos with me. I'm gunning at the attrium.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:

suey cide

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Yup. So is IAFG.

the hand sanitizer here looks EXACTLY like a wad of cum.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:35 pm

IAFG wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Yup. So is IAFG.

They're not doing it right.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:38 pm

IAFG wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Yup. So is IAFG.

It does. She demonstrated.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”