1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
blerg

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby blerg » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:59 pm

DONNNNNNEEEE.

drunk and back to sober.

cuddled up with little dog and watching nonestop trash tv. thank you god, for my version of christmas.

Baylan

Postby Baylan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:24 am

I finished on Monday. This is the first time I've felt human since then. Drunk drunk drunk Monday. Hangover Tuesday.

TTH

Postby TTH » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:45 am

Finished my last exam yesterday. In hindsight, I was completely unrealistic as a 0L about how exams were going to go and how well I was going to do. I'll be thrilled to be above median. :|

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:13 pm

TTH wrote:Finished my last exam yesterday. In hindsight, I was completely unrealistic as a 0L about how exams were going to go and how well I was going to do. I'll be thrilled to be above median. :|

Yeah, this. Last one is in less than two hours. I feel good, but not great. And pretty sure I bombed the hell out of my crim final last week.

Law school: some of the hype is legit.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Done yesterday as well

I wrote 6200 words for Civ Pro, 7200 for Crim, and 6400 for Torts. I never went off on rants, and as soon as I stated the rule I always said "here, facts blah blah blah".

I hope to god some of those words are good words.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Last exam in t-minus 1 hour and 37 minutes.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 pm

I can't believe some of you still have exams.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 pm

beach_terror wrote:Done yesterday as well

I wrote 6200 words for Civ Pro, 7200 for Crim, and 6400 for Torts. I never went off on rants, and as soon as I stated the rule I always said "here, facts blah blah blah".

holy crap :-o

i am worried I didnt write enough for torts..wrote 3700 words..i wasted about 25 minutes in the beginning

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:32 pm

How long were your exam periods?

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:34 pm

romothesavior wrote:I can't believe some of you still have exams.

They gave us too much time between exams. 4 days between Crim and Civ Pro.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:41 pm

dooooooooone

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:42 pm

romothesavior wrote:

How long were your exam periods?

Do you mean how long did we have to take each exam?

Civ Pro was 4 hours, Crim was 4 hours with a 1 hour reading time where we couldn't write, and torts was 3 hours

Geist13

Postby Geist13 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:17 pm

beach_terror wrote:as soon as I stated the rule I always said "here, facts blah blah blah".

do people actually not do this though. I know every book (GTM, Delaney) says many students ignore the facts. But I have trouble believing that is true. I mean, who are these people who don't address the facts? I doubt anyone in my section would do this (just judging from what i know about my section). Well, maybe one girl ...

Sakura3210

Postby Sakura3210 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Done. Took my final exam SICK as heck (fever, congestion, sore throat, the whole shabang). Here's hoping that what I wrote actually makes sense :?

eandy

Postby eandy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:Done. Took my final exam SICK as heck (fever, congestion, sore throat, the whole shabang). Here's hoping that what I wrote actually makes sense :?

:(
I feel your pain. I had to be isolated in another room because I had bronchitis and (1) covering my mouth every time I coughed would have meant typing was impossible and (2) my coughing was sure to annoy the hell out of everyone. It was no fun.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:07 pm

DONE. Civ Pro: 3.5 hours for typing (plus 30 minutes to read), 6,877 words. Here's hoping it was relevant!

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Two people nearly fainted from the heat in our room during the exam. One girl almost threw a fit after her battery died. I finished 10 minutes early and didn't bother reading over anything. DONE BITCHES.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Geist13 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:as soon as I stated the rule I always said "here, facts blah blah blah".

do people actually not do this though. I know every book (GTM, Delaney) says many students ignore the facts. But I have trouble believing that is true. I mean, who are these people who don't address the facts? I doubt anyone in my section would do this (just judging from what i know about my section). Well, maybe one girl ...

I think it's probably more common than you realize. People sit down, see the exam staring at them, and freak out. Or they have issues pulling relevant facts out of the long patterns, and so they just give up.

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:Two people nearly fainted from the heat in our room during the exam. One girl almost threw a fit after her battery died. I finished 10 minutes early and didn't bother reading over anything. DONE BITCHES.

Sounds like my last final. I knew that I could have improved a few things, or at least proofread, but I submitted the test, kicked back, and chilled for 5 minutes.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Thirteen wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:Two people nearly fainted from the heat in our room during the exam. One girl almost threw a fit after her battery died. I finished 10 minutes early and didn't bother reading over anything. DONE BITCHES.

Sounds like my last final. I knew that I could have improved a few things, or at least proofread, but I submitted the test, kicked back, and chilled for 5 minutes.

That's because Torts is so boring. I almost fell asleep after discussing battery for the 487th time.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:44 am

clintonius wrote:DONE. Civ Pro: 3.5 hours for typing (plus 30 minutes to read), 6,877 words. Here's hoping it was relevant!
Danngg did yall not have a word limit??? :evil: :evil:

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:49 am

Thirteen wrote:

I have to say that I was a little shocked at the people who left 15-20 minutes early. Never happened, not even once, during the other tests. I think people are just exhausted and elated to be done.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:50 am

Helmholtz wrote:
Thirteen wrote:

I have to say that I was a little shocked at the people who left 15-20 minutes early. Never happened, not even once, during the other tests. I think people are just exhausted and elated to be done.

i hate law school for making me jealous that no one in my section got sick, freaked out or left early.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:22 am

Helmholtz wrote:
Thirteen wrote:

Yeah, by the time I finished I realized that , even if I found something to change, I didn't want to start editing things because I was afraid I would run out of time in the middle of changing something/adding an argument/moving things around, so I just submitted it then and there.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:56 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Thirteen wrote:

Yeah, by the time I finished I realized that , even if I found something to change, I didn't want to start editing things because I was afraid I would run out of time in the middle of changing something/adding an argument/moving things around, so I just submitted it then and there.

Yeah, ours was multiple choice and I definitely caught things the second time through that I hadn't at first.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”