1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goosey

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby goosey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:54 pm

58103 wrote:
goosey wrote:Just killed my civ pro exam--feel awesommmmeee. But then, everyone thought it was easy too so who knows. Pre writing answers was the best decision of my liiife. I accidenyally spent 20 min saying somethng was issue preclusion when it was clm preclusion--i went back and changed it, and stil had time to triple chk my multiple choice.

I'm probably unworthy of being here just for asking this, but how did you pre-write your answers?

I'm assuming it worked because it was civil procedure and because of the way my professor is, but basically, I took each possible topic in my outline and wrote the rule in paragraph form, followed by the policy behind it. At times I wrote in examples of cases (because he likes that) and the "test" for each topic. Then all I had to do for the exam was recopy it and add "here, xyz.." it was a breeze

It worked because everything was worded already and I didnt forget the nuances...a lot of times during the exam today, while I was typing out my pre-written answer, I realized something about the fact pattern that I didnt see off the top of my head. It helped a lot in terms of time and substance. Plus, the process of writing out the blurbs helped me learn it...cuz its only when you sit down to write things out that you see gaps in your knowledge. A lot of times I would have to look into things further and explain them to myself so that I could make sense in a paragraph.

I dont know if this will work for any of my classes next semester [property, con law, and Ks] but if so, I will definitely do it again.

TTH

Postby TTH » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:18 am

All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All. Civ. Pro. and. no. play. makes. TTH. a. dull. boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. ALL CIV PRO AND NO PLAY MAKES TTH A DULL BOY. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All redrumredrumredrum Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy.

...how do you like it?

mths

Postby mths » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:20 am

TTH wrote:All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All. Civ. Pro. and. no. play. makes. TTH. a. dull. boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. ALL CIV PRO AND NO PLAY MAKES TTH A DULL BOY. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All redrumredrumredrum Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy.

...how do you like it?

I think you're losing it

geekrocker37

Postby geekrocker37 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:23 am

solotee wrote:looked at last years A+ exam for property. Word count: 3002 words for a 3 hour exam.

This makes me happy.

iagolives

Postby iagolives » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am

TTH wrote:All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All. Civ. Pro. and. no. play. makes. TTH. a. dull. boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. ALL CIV PRO AND NO PLAY MAKES TTH A DULL BOY. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All redrumredrumredrum Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy. All Civ Pro and no play makes TTH a dull boy.

...how do you like it?

hahahahahahahahahaha

goosey

Postby goosey » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:01 am

any tips for studying for torts?

I have 4 days.

lawschooliseasy

Postby lawschooliseasy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:22 am

traehekat wrote:1800 word limit on our torts exam tomorrow. going to be just plain stupid. my plan is to outline, then type the outline into examsoft, then just start filling in with analysis, starting with the obvious/bigger/more difficult claims and moving down. this is followed by 32 MC questions. i feel like this is more like a quiz than an exam.

We're getting MC and essay all at once to work on in a 3 hour block.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:49 am

FINISHED. Waking up whenever I want tomorrow; the little joys are the ones you miss the most. Good luck to those still in it.

inchoate_con

Postby inchoate_con » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:51 am

Done.... feels good

geekrocker37

Postby geekrocker37 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:57 am

goosey wrote:any tips for studying for torts?

I have 4 days.

I'm in the same boat. Planning on going through Glannon's E&E, and thinking about every scenario possible for product liability.

inchoate_con

Postby inchoate_con » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:01 am

geekrocker37 wrote:
solotee wrote:looked at last years A+ exam for property. Word count: 3002 words for a 3 hour exam.

This makes me happy.

Thought I had 9000 words on my last exam until today.... Apparently, spaces count.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:58 am

12 hours until I'm done :P

rsx

Postby rsx » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:58 am

I am in the write out your answers boat. Helps you memorize and structure your args so you can just put in the 'meat' later. huge time saver.

I did the same thing for torts but man, my torts exam is another level. You think there's policy....and then there's.....this.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:12 am

Crim final in five hours. Anybody here have any tips on how to pray successfully?

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:19 am

clintonius wrote:Crim final in five hours. Anybody here have any tips on how to pray successfully?

If it doesn't involve the slaughtering and burnt sacrifice of a wild animal (preferably a boar, bison, or bear), then you're just wasting your time.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:33 am

Hm. None of those exist in the wild here, 'cause there isn't really a wild here, but I could probably round up a bunch of subway rats and squirrels. Effective?

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:53 am

clintonius wrote:Crim final in five hours. Anybody here have any tips on how to pray successfully?

Make sure you dance while you pray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgPUhY0UiE

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:53 am

clintonius wrote:Hm. None of those exist in the wild here, 'cause there isn't really a wild here, but I could probably round up a bunch of subway rats and squirrels. Effective?

It's generally the thought that counts. Might be enough time to hurry to a dog run and snatch one up while the owner is chatting it up on his cell.

You're at NYU? I'm fairly certain the fiery, burnt offering of a virgin hipster up to the law schol gods would be insta-A.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:55 am

Just found out there is a chik-fil-a near you guys. I'm irrationally excited about that - on my to-do list for winter break.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:59 am

Helmholtz wrote:Just found out there is a chik-fil-a near you guys. I'm irrationally excited about that - on my to-do list for winter break.

Where the heck is a chick-fil-a? I have never seen it.

Mroberts3

Postby Mroberts3 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:02 am

Last final in 2 hours.

Chick-fil-A across the street from school. Win.

...Too bad they don't serve booze

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:09 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Just found out there is a chik-fil-a near you guys. I'm irrationally excited about that - on my to-do list for winter break.

Where the heck is a chick-fil-a? I have never seen it.

In a NYU dining hall in some kind of residence hall? I don't know. I've been in the area multiple times and never knew about it, but it's definitely there somwhere.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:15 am

I survived! Finals AND drinking.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:16 am

Helmholtz wrote:virgin hipster

does not compute

also, the chick fil-a: http://www.yelp.com/biz/chick-fil-a-new-york

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:19 am

clintonius wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:virgin hipster

does not compute

also, the chick fil-a: http://www.yelp.com/biz/chick-fil-a-new-york

The "Express" add-on is worrying, but probably not enough to deter me.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”