1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
IAFG

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby IAFG » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:08 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Sooner or later there is going to be someone on here who is gonna come in and say "Just CALI'd all 4 exams. Good night losers."

when grades come out? it's likely. TLS has a ton of allstars.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:09 pm

traehekat wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Sooner or later there is going to be someone on here who is gonna come in and say "Just CALI'd all 4 exams. Good night losers."

haha yeah seriously where are all those people?! either it is INCREDIBLY common for people to feel like shit after an exam, or they are just being respectful by not posting their good feelings after seeing the rest of us contemplate /selves.

I honestly walked out of K's thinking I may have CALI'd it. Then I walked out of Crim thinking "Dear God just give me a B."

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:24 pm

traehekat wrote:

haha yeah seriously where are all those people?! either it is INCREDIBLY common for people to feel like shit after an exam, or they are just being respectful by not posting their good feelings after seeing the rest of us contemplate /selves.

I think it's more that lawl school exams aren't easy and they aren't supposed to be easy. Plus, there's the whole uncertainty with the curve.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:31 pm

traehekat wrote:

Thinking definitely the former. Better to think negative thoughts and be surprised than think positive thoughts and be disappointed.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:32 pm

BriaTharen wrote: Better to think negative thoughts and be surprised than think positive thoughts and be disappointed.

welcome to the legal field. you officially belong.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Anyone have a good link to some crim practice hypos? I'd rather do PTs than deal with studying all of this horse shyt

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:34 pm

BriaTharen wrote:
traehekat wrote:

Thinking definitely the former. Better to think negative thoughts and be surprised than think positive thoughts and be disappointed.

I have a feeling that's going to happen to me with Ks.

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:36 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Melkaba wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Can't even describe how disappointed I am in how my Ks exam went yesterday.

Given some discussions with a couple of friends, I'm pretty sure that the exam blindsided everyone.

Doesn't help that I've been trying to study for Torts today (I could barely even do it yesterday after that final), but the combination of my brain almost running on E and me seemingly getting ill does not help things.

I hope so man (girl?)... I felt awful after yesterday and I would be really surprised if I got over median. I felt about the exact opposite as I did after property.

I also feel ya on the studying thing. I have barely touched torts, mostly because it feels useless now that Ks has likely molested my GPA.

Hope you get to feeling better. We're almost done...

Don't feel bad a lot of people felt the same way about Ks in our section too. I went into that exam ready to dominate it, but the 1st question totally screwed me over.

(maybe LP will save my gpa at this point...)

rejectmaster

Postby rejectmaster » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:02 pm

just took civ pro

whatever.. who knows, etc

enjoying some comfort foods (wings and fries)

just torts left, anad then i'm done. then we don't get grades back until like February or something.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:05 pm

3.5 hours and 5500 words later, I am done with my first exam. Pretty sure I got somewhere between a B- and an A, but not ruling out a C or an A+ (law school :( ).

iagolives

Postby iagolives » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Pretty sure I got somewhere between a B- and an A, but not ruling out a C or an A+ (law school :( ).

Ain't that the truth. lol.

Also, Helmholtz, you are only a 1L? I had no idea!

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:49 pm

iagolives wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Pretty sure I got somewhere between a B- and an A, but not ruling out a C or an A+ (law school :( ).

Yeah, I had a year off between the LSAT and LS admissions.

iagolives

Postby iagolives » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
iagolives wrote:

Yeah, I had a year off between the LSAT and LS admissions.

Huh, and to think, you've already made it to mod, haha. Well, congrats on having one down!

smokyroom26

Postby smokyroom26 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 pm

DONE!!!!

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:39 pm

I'm about to take a 5-hour energy. Not because I want to stay up late, but because if I don't I will likely fall asleep right now. Bleh.

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:I'm about to take a 5-hour energy. Not because I want to stay up late, but because if I don't I will likely fall asleep right now. Bleh.

I'm about to drink one with the hope that it will motivate me to study. I feel like going home or to the gym, but still have work to do before my last exam tomorrow at 1:30.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Thirteen wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:I'm about to take a 5-hour energy. Not because I want to stay up late, but because if I don't I will likely fall asleep right now. Bleh.

I'm about to drink one with the hope that it will motivate me to study. I feel like going home or to the gym, but still have work to do before my last exam tomorrow at 1:30.

ive been hopelessly useless today. Just did a practice question..so I feel a little bit better now. But I have like 250 pages left in the Glannon Guide and my exam is on thursday. ugh.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Torts prof told us on last day of class that our exam was multiple choice. Thanks for the advance notice brah.

bostonian

Postby bostonian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Cupidity wrote:Torts prof told us on last day of class that our exam was multiple choice. Thanks for the advance notice brah.

If my finals were all multiple choice and policy essays I might actually be getting decent grades.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:18 pm

Thirteen wrote:

Kinda wish I were you right now.

Also, Goosey, I feel you. I've done nothing today . . . granted I took an exam this morning. About to start now and try to go until 2ish, I guess.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:44 pm

bostonian wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Torts prof told us on last day of class that our exam was multiple choice. Thanks for the advance notice brah.

If my finals were all multiple choice and policy essays I might actually be getting decent grades.

You and I, we have brains that work in different ways. MC sounds bad enough, but I would get my ass handed to me on a bell-shaped curvy platter if I had to worry about more than one policy question across all of my classes (and even that is giving me the jitters).

solotee

Postby solotee » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 pm

I had an "oh shit!" moment today when I realized I'm not at all ready for this property exam :/

on a side note: it feels unreal to be making plans to hang out and chill with old buddies this weekend

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Thank you god for the crim E&E - at first I thought it was garbage, but now I'm lovin it.

skoobily doobily

Postby skoobily doobily » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:24 pm

16 hours, 34 minutes to freedom.

rejectmaster

Postby rejectmaster » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:26 pm

i'm pretty excited to uh..
clean my apartment after my last final

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”