1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby kalvano » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:06 pm

ogurty wrote:In the last few minutes of my crim exam, I was going over the (ridiculously difficult) MC section, because there were a few questions I had narrowed down to 2 possibilities. One of them, I marked C, and I realized C was obviously wrong. So, 1 minute left, I changed it to B. Then, walking out, I remembered that the question was one of those "which of these is NOT true ..."
Been kicking myself ever since..



Our Crim M/C was AWESOME.

He had a question about a bartender serving a guy 7 vodka shots on his way to pick up his kids from school because "kids are tough to deal with".

I almost lol'ed during the exam.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:23 pm

IAFG wrote:Pretty sure I will be getting Cs on any curve. FML

Stop stealing my thunder, discretionary C's are my thing!

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby fathergoose » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:26 pm

kalvano wrote:Our Crim M/C was AWESOME.

He had a question about a bartender serving a guy 7 vodka shots on his way to pick up his kids from school because "kids are tough to deal with".

I almost lol'ed during the exam.

Loved that question. And the fact our fact pattern had an exploding laser whose only two settings were stun and kill. Very underrated prof.

It's too bad we had him first semester when none of us knew what we were doing.

ogurty
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:16 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ogurty » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:27 pm

kalvano wrote:
ogurty wrote:In the last few minutes of my crim exam, I was going over the (ridiculously difficult) MC section, because there were a few questions I had narrowed down to 2 possibilities. One of them, I marked C, and I realized C was obviously wrong. So, 1 minute left, I changed it to B. Then, walking out, I remembered that the question was one of those "which of these is NOT true ..."
Been kicking myself ever since..



Our Crim M/C was AWESOME.

He had a question about a bartender serving a guy 7 vodka shots on his way to pick up his kids from school because "kids are tough to deal with".

I almost lol'ed during the exam.


I think crim professors might develop a disgusting sense of humor over time. Mine had a question about prosecuting a drug dealer who served up IV shots of meth to a breastfeeding mother.

User avatar
Charles Barkley
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Charles Barkley » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:28 pm

My civ pro professor just sent me this... LOLWUT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBTba2J6OKI

User avatar
Charles Barkley
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Charles Barkley » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:34 pm

On a serious note, is anyone willing to send me their part of an outline on Erie?
It'd be really appreciated.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7249
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby beach_terror » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:37 pm

pm me your email, ill send you my one pager on choice of law if you want

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby kalvano » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:39 pm

fathergoose wrote:
kalvano wrote:Our Crim M/C was AWESOME.

He had a question about a bartender serving a guy 7 vodka shots on his way to pick up his kids from school because "kids are tough to deal with".

I almost lol'ed during the exam.

Loved that question. And the fact our fact pattern had an exploding laser whose only two settings were stun and kill. Very underrated prof.

It's too bad we had him first semester when none of us knew what we were doing.



He was, by far, my favorite prof. It helps that I want to get into criminal law, but he was funny and engaging and challenging without being a dick.

He teaches evidence as well, and I am going to take it with him.


And I just cannot bring myself to study more for torts. Intentional torts, how hard can they be? Especially since we went over them ALL SEMESTER.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby kalvano » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:On a serious note, is anyone willing to send me their part of an outline on Erie?
It'd be really appreciated.



PM me.

User avatar
emorystud2010
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby emorystud2010 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:42 pm

rejectmaster wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:All i have left is leg-reg. I need this thread to actually motivate me (and all other emory ppl) to study.


what the what is leg reg


its legislation and regulation. essentially legal methods with some admin law thrown in. emory took it from harvard and decide to use it to take a dump all over us.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby fathergoose » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:45 pm

kalvano wrote:And I just cannot bring myself to study more for torts. Intentional torts, how hard can they be? Especially since we went over them ALL SEMESTER.


I just keep staring out the window. If there was ever a day to be on the golf course, this is it.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby kalvano » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:48 pm

fathergoose wrote:
kalvano wrote:And I just cannot bring myself to study more for torts. Intentional torts, how hard can they be? Especially since we went over them ALL SEMESTER.


I just keep staring out the window. If there was ever a day to be on the golf course, this is it.



Funny you should mention that. A golf cart just drove past my house. They must be lost.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby JCougar » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:My civ pro professor just sent me this... LOLWUT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBTba2J6OKI


That's amazing and inspiring. I'm going to do that after Torts is done. :D

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby clintonius » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:48 pm

fathergoose wrote:
kalvano wrote:And I just cannot bring myself to study more for torts. Intentional torts, how hard can they be? Especially since we went over them ALL SEMESTER.


I just keep staring out the window. If there was ever a day to be on the golf course, this is it.
Jealous. It's currently 26 degrees with 24mph wind in New York. Cold weather makes finals that much more awful.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby JCougar » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:50 pm

clintonius wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
kalvano wrote:And I just cannot bring myself to study more for torts. Intentional torts, how hard can they be? Especially since we went over them ALL SEMESTER.


I just keep staring out the window. If there was ever a day to be on the golf course, this is it.
Jealous. It's currently 26 degrees with 24mph wind in New York. Cold weather makes finals that much more awful.


18 degrees out here...it got down to 8 last night. Never thought St. Louis would be so bad so soon...

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:55 pm

JCougar wrote:
clintonius wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
kalvano wrote:And I just cannot bring myself to study more for torts. Intentional torts, how hard can they be? Especially since we went over them ALL SEMESTER.


I just keep staring out the window. If there was ever a day to be on the golf course, this is it.
Jealous. It's currently 26 degrees with 24mph wind in New York. Cold weather makes finals that much more awful.


18 degrees out here...it got down to 8 last night. Never thought St. Louis would be so bad so soon...

Yeah its been pretty bad here. Wind chills in the negatives three or four nights in a row.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby kalvano » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:56 pm

That sounds so nice.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby goosey » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:14 pm


User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby goosey » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:On a serious note, is anyone willing to send me their part of an outline on Erie?
It'd be really appreciated.


this is all you need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI8iwjOwuno

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6049
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:40 pm

I wish I were a portable computer so that anytime any of my classmates ask me how I did, I could automatically respond with this (the pimp is my Ks exam):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoV27NeMpvs

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Got crushed today :(

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby PirateCap'n » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Cupidity wrote:Got crushed today :(


Welcome to the club friend.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Sooner or later there is going to be someone on here who is gonna come in and say "Just CALI'd all 4 exams. Good night losers."

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby traehekat » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:47 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Sooner or later there is going to be someone on here who is gonna come in and say "Just CALI'd all 4 exams. Good night losers."


haha yeah seriously where are all those people?! either it is INCREDIBLY common for people to feel like shit after an exam, or they are just being respectful by not posting their good feelings after seeing the rest of us contemplate /selves.

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6049
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Sooner or later there is going to be someone on here who is gonna come in and say "Just CALI'd all 4 exams. Good night losers."

I'll make sure it is me.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: esrom55, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests