1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kxz

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby kxz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:35 pm

35 hours till freedom!!!

eandy

Postby eandy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:54 pm

FREEDOM

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Just a little Monday Happy....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYxBlT1flJ0

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:10 pm

time to gun it up in K, then cakewalk through torts and then total and complete inebriation

Melkaba

Postby Melkaba » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Holy shit, that Contracts exam. Everything was okay at first, but I knew something was halfway through when we hit the "policy questions" and I heard a collective sigh from our entire row.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Melkaba wrote:Holy shit, that Contracts exam. Everything was okay at first, but I knew something was halfway through when we hit the "policy questions" and I heard a collective sigh from our entire row.

:lol: that was my civ pro final. on the third question me and my bud just locked eyes and nonverbally exchanged a

what.
the.
fuck.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Helmholtz wrote:As you go into your exams, just remember to be thankful that debtors' prisons are obsolete. The worst that can happen is crushing poverty and suffocating depression. :D

At least in debtors prison, they pay for your shelter and meals. Even if you do have to eat gruel and sleep on a cold, hard cot, it can't be much worse than the crap they put in the tacos at Taco Bell, which is all you'll have lunch money for while chasing ambulances into hospitals...although maybe you can poke around the hospital to see if any patients fell asleep before finishing their meals...and help yourself to leftovers.

I think I'd take debtor's prison over finishing at the bottom of my class. :wink:

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Melkaba wrote:Holy shit, that Contracts exam. Everything was okay at first, but I knew something was halfway through when we hit the "policy questions" and I heard a collective sigh from our entire row.

i sometimes think how funny we would look if aliens were watching us...everyone driving themselves crazy, studying, chasing career/money/success....and they would wonder wth we were doing and why it even matters

i dont know why, but your post made me think of that. Like everyone is in the same rat race...I'm not criticizing, im in there too. its just...senseless if you take a step back and look at it. like...okay, i dont get an A. then what? i dont get paid 160k a yr. okay...and then what? and eventually you realize...then you die and it doesnt matter anyway.

</end non-stop studying induced philosophical reflection>

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:33 pm

JCougar wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:As you go into your exams, just remember to be thankful that debtors' prisons are obsolete. The worst that can happen is crushing poverty and suffocating depression. :D

At least in debtors prison, they pay for your shelter and meals. Even if you do have to eat gruel and sleep on a cold, hard cot, it can't be much worse than the crap they put in the tacos at Taco Bell, which is all you'll have lunch money for while chasing ambulances into hospitals...although maybe you can poke around the hospital to see if any patients fell asleep before finishing their meals...and help yourself to leftovers.

I think I'd take debtor's prison over finishing at the bottom of my class. :wink:

If I graduate near the bottom of the class, I've already made up my mind to turn to a life of crime. Debtor's prison would infringe upon my ability to steal car radios and turn tricks behind the local ALDI.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:35 pm

goosey wrote:

i sometimes think how funny we would look if aliens were watching us...everyone driving themselves crazy, studying, chasing career/money/success....and they would wonder wth we were doing and why it even matters

i dont know why, but your post made me think of that. Like everyone is in the same rat race...I'm not criticizing, im in there too. its just...senseless if you take a step back and look at it. like...okay, i dont get an A. then what? i dont get paid 160k a yr. okay...and then what? and eventually you realize...then you die and it doesnt matter anyway.

Thinking too much has the possibility of being a serious detriment to your future career in the legal field.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:37 pm

My CivPro professor won. That was like being put through the ringer and spit back out. I don't even know if some of my answers make any sense at all.

Thank god contracts is non-cumulative b/c my brain is fried to the heavens.

Melkaba

Postby Melkaba » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:39 pm

goosey wrote:

But I just want good enough grades to get any kind of job in the legal field that's above 40k.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Little less than 18 hours until my first exam. Let's do this.

solotee

Postby solotee » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:Little less than 18 hours until my first exam. Let's do this.

Damn that sucks

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Civ Pro down - 7 questions, 4 hours, 6600 words written. She threw a huge curveball on our personal jurisdiction problem, but I think I got what she was aiming for with our answers. Feeling surprisingly good, a lot of it mirrored her practice exams, so the issues didn't really surprise me and I knew where to go with my analysis right away (and I nitpicked the fuck out of the facts). I'm happy she threw the curveball in, it should set the curve on its own pretty nicely.

Crim next.

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBeard

Postby TheBeard » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:43 pm

beach_terror wrote:Civ Pro down - 7 questions, 4 hours, 6600 words written. She threw a huge curveball on our personal jurisdiction problem, but I think I got what she was aiming for with our answers. Feeling surprisingly good, a lot of it mirrored her practice exams, so the issues didn't really surprise me and I knew where to go with my analysis right away (and I nitpicked the fuck out of the facts). I'm happy she threw the curveball in, it should set the curve on its own pretty nicely.

Crim next.

Nice! You know you're doing well when you spot something that you think no one else will see.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:47 pm

solotee wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:Little less than 18 hours until my first exam. Let's do this.

Damn that sucks

I know. Here until the 22nd.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:53 pm

TheBeard wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Civ Pro down - 7 questions, 4 hours, 6600 words written. She threw a huge curveball on our personal jurisdiction problem, but I think I got what she was aiming for with our answers. Feeling surprisingly good, a lot of it mirrored her practice exams, so the issues didn't really surprise me and I knew where to go with my analysis right away (and I nitpicked the fuck out of the facts). I'm happy she threw the curveball in, it should set the curve on its own pretty nicely.

Crim next.

Nice! You know you're doing well when you spot something that you think no one else will see.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but hopefully I end up pretty decently on the curve. Instead of exercising jurisdiction to the full extent of the constitution (which all of her hypos have done so far) she gave a laundry list of 5 things for the state. They were loosely, and I mean loosely, based on the cases we read and you had to draw some inferences to hit a beefy analysis... but I think I got what she was looking for. Or at least I hope so :?. It definitely was put on there to throw a big brick into the standard personal jurisdiction analysis we had been focusing on all semester.

rejectmaster

Postby rejectmaster » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:57 pm

mmmm

beefy analysis

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:00 pm

I am on my 3rd practice civ pro question...and I keep missing key issues. I finish like 40 minutes early and miss 2-3 issues each time. wth. and sometimes, even after I go over the question I still don't see how one of those issues fits into the question. not good.

gustrock

Postby gustrock » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Just got done with my Torts exam. 4 or 5 of the MC questions were right out of Glannon's E and E. However, our professor at the beginning of the year stressed the point that supplements sometimes don't conform to his way of thought. I answer according to the E and E, but I think I might have gotten screwed...

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:20 pm

rejectmaster wrote:mmmm

beefy analysis

It's the best kind, so I hear.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Also, deactivating facebook during finals was a good idea. I can only imagine the shit my peers are posting right now after the civ pro exam.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:46 pm

beach_terror wrote:Also, deactivating facebook during finals was a good idea. I can only imagine the shit my peers are posting right now after the civ pro exam.

You'd be surprised, unless you have a paranoid friend who NEEDS answers, there is a pretty universal armistice on any kind of exam talk after an exam

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”