1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Nell12

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Nell12 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:39 pm

beach_terror wrote:
Charles Barkley wrote:I still want to die.

Charles Barkley would never take the easy way out, he thinks you should man up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pppg9Cu2cs

Awesome

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:40 pm

My torts outline is running 40 pages. My ultimate contracts outline . . . 7.

Something isn't adding up.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
uwb09 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:First one Monday, dear god... the day of reckoning is almost here.

wtf, you haven't even taken your first one yet? my last final is tuesday

My first one is Tuesday. Last day of classes was yesterday.

Same here. Our last one (in our section at least) is the 22nd.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:52 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:My torts outline is running 40 pages. My ultimate contracts outline . . . 7.

My contracts outline is only about 16 pages, compared to my CivPro outline which is about 25 pages, and I still have sections to add to it . . . I think contract's is just a succinct course, who knows.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:57 pm

work ethic starting to degrade.... must nut up or shut up... just one more to go

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Borhas wrote:work ethic starting to degrade.... must nut up or shut up... just one more to go

The Charles Barkley video applies to you too

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:04 pm

beach_terror wrote:
Borhas wrote:work ethic starting to degrade.... must nut up or shut up... just one more to go

The Charles Barkley video applies to you too

he's fucking stoned, I would dig that if I were into that sort of thing

another good Sir Barkley vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBB8VjV ... re=related

solotee

Postby solotee » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:06 pm

At this point I can say I'm truly miserable. One week to go.

Gamecubesupreme

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Two more finals on Monday and Thursday...almost zero motivation to prepare for them.

Mainly because I felt civ pro and contracts were going to be the hardest exams and I just finished them this week.

Knowing my luck, criminal and torts will turn out to be ridiculously hard just to fuck with me.

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Anyone know where to find some free online multiple choice Crim law questions? I'm already through my Glannon and the practice questions the prof provided.

Melkaba

Postby Melkaba » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:My contracts outline is only about 16 pages, compared to my CivPro outline which is about 25 pages, and I still have sections to add to it . . . I think contract's is just a succinct course, who knows.

My K contract was 20 pages BBL, and 20 pages of the entirety of cases in the Farnsworth book that we have to know for the final (Not like, citing, but I mean for actual questions on what happened in the cases).

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:47 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
uwb09 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:First one Monday, dear god... the day of reckoning is almost here.

wtf, you haven't even taken your first one yet? my last final is tuesday

My first one is Tuesday. Last day of classes was yesterday.

Same here. Our last one (in our section at least) is the 22nd.

Same for me as well. Really looking forward to getting the hell out of town.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Same for me as well. Really looking forward to getting the hell out of town.

This.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:23 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:My torts outline is running 40 pages. My ultimate contracts outline . . . 7.

My contracts outline would be about 3 pages long if not for adding important UCC and Restatement sections.

40 pages for a torts outline seems quite insane though. I don't feel like we learned 40 pages worth of BLL in torts.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:40 pm

I thought my civ pro final was on the 15th for some odd reason...just found out its on the 16th. awesome. except now I have one less day to study for torts than I had originally thought I had...the thing with torts is, he doesnt grade with points. He said he doesnt want ppl to not get an A just because they missed an issue. So if it "feels" like an A, he gives an A.

for some reason, that is the least stressful exam for me...because I feel like as long as you know what you're talking about and literally use his language, you're golden.

I certainly felt much more confident about getting awesome grades before finals started though..I am now at the point where I will just be happy to keep my scholarship [top 33%] rather than be in the top 15%

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:43 pm

goosey wrote:I thought my civ pro final was on the 15th for some odd reason...just found out its on the 16th. awesome. except now I have one less day to study for torts than I had originally thought I had...the thing with torts is, he doesnt grade with points. He said he doesnt want ppl to not get an A just because they missed an issue. So if it "feels" like an A, he gives an A.

for some reason, that is the least stressful exam for me...because I feel like as long as you know what you're talking about and literally use his language, you're golden.

I certainly felt much more confident about getting awesome grades before finals started though..I am now at the point where I will just be happy to keep my scholarship [top 33%] rather than be in the top 15%

+1. I wasn't planning on being number 1 in the class or anything before exams began, but, now that they have, I will be absolutely ecstatic as long as I keep the scholarship [top 2/3]. Sad but true.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Same for me as well. Really looking forward to getting the hell out of town.

Glad I'm not the only one whose last final is on the 22nd.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:05 pm

btw just wanted to share: i took another practice test for civ pro using my pre-written answers and omg---total life saver. Worth every painful minute it took writing them out. I am not totally done with it though, so there were some issues that I didn't have pre-written answers for which took me longer to write but overall, the benefit of having the pre-written ones was crazy.

[in case anyone has any time left to do this..]

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:10 pm

goosey wrote:btw just wanted to share: i took another practice test for civ pro using my pre-written answers and omg---total life saver. Worth every painful minute it took writing them out. I am not totally done with it though, so there were some issues that I didn't have pre-written answers for which took me longer to write but overall, the benefit of having the pre-written ones was crazy.

You're going to rock it, Goosey. When are your exams, again? I have Crim Thursday and then I am D O N E.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:30 pm

goosey wrote:btw just wanted to share: i took another practice test for civ pro using my pre-written answers and omg---total life saver. Worth every painful minute it took writing them out. I am not totally done with it though, so there were some issues that I didn't have pre-written answers for which took me longer to write but overall, the benefit of having the pre-written ones was crazy.

Still fundamentally opposed to the idea of pre-written answers. If you know the material cold, writing out an answer before hand seems like a waste of time... and I bet teachers can see pre-written answers from a mile away. (hopefully it'll work out for you though)

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:34 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

You're going to rock it, Goosey. When are your exams, again? I have Crim Thursday and then I am D O N E.

i hope so..5 credits--ahh. Civ Pro thursday, torts the following tuesday, and then I hibernate until january 10th :D I swear, I am going to lay in my bed and watch tv for like 2 weeks straight. nothing else. okay...well maybe I'll apply for internships, but I'll do that from bed too.

beach_terror: its basically just the rules. Also, I saw last year's A answer and it was like "rule-policy-analysis-conclusion"
literally every rule was followed by policy...and it makes sense because thats *exactly* how he taught us. I think it may work better for some than others...it takes me obscenely long to word things, and then I proof read them 100 times to make sure it sounds good--this KILLED me on my crim midterm [and partially on my final yesterday as well]---the fact that the rule and policy is written out perfectly already makes it possible for me to not proof read it, otherwise I would, no matter how much I know not to.

kcg171

Postby kcg171 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 pm

I loved my prewritten answers for civ pro. They made me feel so organized. I don't think they'd be as helpful in other classes, but it might depend on the professor.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:54 pm

I'm jealous that you guys have open-note exams. Everything is on lockdown for me.

eandy

Postby eandy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:55 pm

MBZags wrote:I'm jealous that you guys have open-note exams. Everything is on lockdown for me.

CivPro and Torts are both like that for me. Civpro was a b**** because he wanted us to quote quite a lot.

bostonian

Postby bostonian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:21 am

MBZags wrote:I'm jealous that you guys have open-note exams. Everything is on lockdown for me.

I would fail all of my exams if they were like that.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”