1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:35 pm

This is amazing.

I had my Civ Pro final yesterday and I already forgot just about everything I learned in that class.

Now my head is filled with words like consideration, promissory estoppel, parol evidence, etc.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:06 pm

Fuck Property. Words cannot describe how badly I hate this course.

skoobily doobily

Bronze

Post by skoobily doobily » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:28 pm

There needs to be a mandatory 4 day minimum time between finals. 2 days just isn't enough. God help whoever has exams on back-to-back days.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:30 pm

skoobily doobily wrote:There needs to be a mandatory 4 day minimum time between finals. 2 days just isn't enough. God help whoever has exams on back-to-back days.
long as you're on a curve, right? rewards planning. thank god it isn't the policy at my school.

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:37 pm

skoobily doobily wrote:There needs to be a mandatory 4 day minimum time between finals. 2 days just isn't enough. God help whoever has exams on back-to-back days.
Understandable, I feel like I'm having cp withdrawls right now and my life is a torts fail. Sigh...back to (failing at) memorizing my checklist.

Good luck everyone!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:40 pm

It's kinda like suicide drills from back in middle school gym class: Burst of effort, 1/10000 of a second sense of accomplishment, then agony over switching directions and having to repeat the process.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:42 pm

I still feel odd that my first exam isn't until Tuesday.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:I still feel odd that my first exam isn't until Tuesday.
Tuesday when you're taking your first exam, I will still be hungover from celebrating the completion of my last exam.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:47 pm

kalvano wrote:Fuck Property. Words cannot describe how badly I hate this course.
I find Property to be extremely easy to the point that it's boring. I don't know why, but everybody else seems to hate it. Estates are tricky, but that's about it.

Out of everything I learned this year, the only thing that really scares me is negligence. Not outlining it, but applying it to facts. It's just so vague and there's so many flexible standards. Torts is my last exam, though, and I haven't really studied for it or taken PTs at all yet, so maybe I will feel better in time.

Ugh. With that said, I can't wait to get Property done with. I like Contracts the best, and want to start focusing on that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:59 pm

eandy wrote:
Tuesday when you're taking your first exam, I will still be hungover from celebrating the completion of my last exam.
Lucky. :(

Today my Crim professor told us - "I wish I could tell you all that you're going to do great on the exam and life will be wonderful after this, but that would be a lie. That's the payoff of coming to an elite institution, the competition is great and you aren't guaranteed an A."

Womp-Womp . . .

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Post by Charles Barkley » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:06 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
eandy wrote:

Today my Crim professor told us - "I wish I could tell you all that you're going to do great on the exam and life will be wonderful after this, but that would be a lie. That's the payoff of coming to an elite institution, the competition is great and you aren't guaranteed an A."

Womp-Womp . . .
:shock:

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:06 am

JCougar wrote:
kalvano wrote:Fuck Property. Words cannot describe how badly I hate this course.
I find Property to be extremely easy to the point that it's boring. I don't know why, but everybody else seems to hate it. Estates are tricky, but that's about it.

Out of everything I learned this year, the only thing that really scares me is negligence. Not outlining it, but applying it to facts. It's just so vague and there's so many flexible standards. Torts is my last exam, though, and I haven't really studied for it or taken PTs at all yet, so maybe I will feel better in time.

Ugh. With that said, I can't wait to get Property done with. I like Contracts the best, and want to start focusing on that.

I suck at classifications of things. And I really hate that we have to pull all of that out of our ass. It's not as if we have to practice law by memory - double-checking is highly encouraged.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
eandy wrote:

Womp-Womp . . .

NYU???? It's the Northwestttern of NYC.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bostonian

Bronze

Post by bostonian » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:15 am

skoobily doobily wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
mths wrote: I hate law students...
+1
Worse than hipsters.
What if both?
Desert Fox wrote:I'd rather face a zombee outbreak than walk through Wicker Park.

What about zombie hipster law students?

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:19 am

skoobily doobily wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
mths wrote: I hate law students...
+1
Worse than hipsters.
What if both?
Sup?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:19 am

bostonian wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I'd rather face a zombee outbreak than walk through Wicker Park.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:23 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
eandy wrote:

Womp-Womp . . .

NYU???? It's the Northwestttern of NYC.
Dude, you don't have to convince me.

No one knows what they're doing in Crim. None of us has any idea how to answer his questions. This will be an interesting final.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:25 am

kalvano wrote:
bostonian wrote:

Credited show

bostonian

Bronze

Post by bostonian » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:33 am

My roommate just told me about this - the only study guide you'll need:

http://www.holdingsinhaiku.com/

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:40 am

kalvano wrote:
JCougar wrote:

I suck at classifications of things. And I really hate that we have to pull all of that out of our ass. It's not as if we have to practice law by memory - double-checking is highly encouraged.
+1 on everything

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:28 am

well, just totally crapped the bed on that Erie exam question, luckily it was one of ten questions, however it was prob like 20% of the grade

might be making a trip to the liqour store soon

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

skoobily doobily

Bronze

Post by skoobily doobily » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:58 am

Torts exam in exactly 36 hours,
learning things for the first time tonight,
i'm doing it wrong.

Also, professors who like to think about these things in a very theoretically sense ("is proximate cause really necessary for negligence?" "does Posner's view on reasonable care effectually eliminate the need for strict liability for dangerous activities?" "with IIED, is there still a need for false imprisonment?") make this class a lot harder than it should be.

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:20 am

Did anyone's torts prof ask them to study Cardozo's lextures on the judicial process? I think our prof might ask us to apply cases/decisions to Cardozo's book and I'm not sure how to study for that.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:25 am

jmhendri wrote:Did anyone's torts prof ask them to study Cardozo's lextures on the judicial process? I think our prof might ask us to apply cases/decisions to Cardozo's book and I'm not sure how to study for that.
pwned.

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:33 am

dailygrind wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Did anyone's torts prof ask them to study Cardozo's lextures on the judicial process? I think our prof might ask us to apply cases/decisions to Cardozo's book and I'm not sure how to study for that.
pwned.
pretty much

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”