1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
beach_terror

Platinum

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Post by beach_terror » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:56 am

Always Credited wrote:Yeah, my casebook does an OK job from what I hear, but I don't use my casebooks. Haven't opened one since September.
Damn bro, you be

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:03 pm

beach_terror wrote:
Always Credited wrote:Yeah, my casebook does an OK job from what I hear, but I don't use my casebooks. Haven't opened one since September.
Damn bro, you be
I gambled with this last semester in Crim and it worked out really well. Not sure if I have the balls to do that again though (well, for 1L anyway, who the hell cares after that...).

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:05 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
Damn bro, you be
I gambled with this last semester in Crim and it worked out really well. Not sure if I have the balls to do that again though (well, for 1L anyway, who the hell cares after that...).
Yeah, I can't do that. I find at the very least, reading cases helps attune my mind to spotting issues that'll arise in a fact pattern.

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:16 pm

beach_terror wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
Damn bro, you be
Yeah, I can't do that. I find at the very least, reading cases helps attune my mind to spotting issues that'll arise in a fact pattern.
that's what practice exams are for 8)

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm

The casebooks are largely useless if your prof. just gives you all the rules in class, like most of mine do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:55 pm

have done nothing yet today

wonderful

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:39 pm

It would be polite and kind of profs to sort of ramp down the workload as finals approach but instead it seems like they are saying oh shit I wanted to teach a bunch of additional crap, let's crank it up to 11. Sucks.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:43 pm

weee wrote:It would be polite and kind of profs to sort of ramp down the workload as finals approach but instead it seems like they are saying oh shit I wanted to teach a bunch of additional crap, let's crank it up to 11. Sucks.
+1.

40 pages a day assigned for property for the rest of the semester. She freaked out cause we didnt get to a bunch of stuff she wanted. Civ Pro was always 40 pages + excercises so thats nothing new. With Con Law he assigns the same stuff but I notice I really just dont care anymore.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:53 pm

I just found, in a huge batch of forwarded outlines, a series of PowerPoints that my Property professor used to use that basically covers everything she has discussed this semester in a short and direct manner.

Stallion.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:47 pm

--ImageRemoved--

JetstoRJC

Bronze

Post by JetstoRJC » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Advice on supplement for MC Contracts final? Part I of our final is a 45 multiple choice questions and all we are allowed to use is our Restatement/UCC combo.

Need something to help me practice and review for it. I feel like I have a handle on preparing for the traditional issue spotter essay questions, but not so much the multiple choice questions.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Think it's time to ask the mods to ban me until May 10th. Either that, or post dick pics in the lounge.

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:44 pm

beach_terror wrote:Think it's time to ask the mods to ban me until May 10th. Either that, or post dick pics in the lounge.
Glad I avoid the lounge or else I might get sucked in. Actually its probably more that I'm not interwebzcool enough to fit in there. And for that I'm thankful.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Always Credited wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Think it's time to ask the mods to ban me until May 10th. Either that, or post dick pics in the lounge.
Glad I avoid the lounge or else I might get sucked in. Actually its probably more that I'm not interwebzcool enough to fit in there. And for that I'm thankful.
I don't really troll the lounge. I just check this site way too fucking much.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:10 pm

kalvano wrote:I just found, in a huge batch of forwarded outlines, a series of PowerPoints that my Property professor used to use that basically covers everything she has discussed this semester in a short and direct manner.

Stallion.
My story doesn't beat yours, but I just found a federal circuit case from the late 1990s that my processor caricatured for one of our take-home finals.

Semi-win on my end.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:24 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:Advice on supplement for MC Contracts final? Part I of our final is a 45 multiple choice questions and all we are allowed to use is our Restatement/UCC combo.

Need something to help me practice and review for it. I feel like I have a handle on preparing for the traditional issue spotter essay questions, but not so much the multiple choice questions.
I had multiple choice K's last year semester, and I liked the following:
1) Crunchtime MC*** (highly recommend and worth the cost of the whole book)
2) Barbri MC (on the website; but probably not worth it if you haven't already spent the $50)
3) CALI lessons

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm outlining property with my friends and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. For some reason I'm just not on the same page as everyone else, and its absurdly frustrating. Like, I'm feeling the desire to just yell and cry. Ugh, officially stressed out. Everyone keeps saying that I did fine last semester, so I probably will again. But last semester I was picking things up faster. This semester, I legit feel like the dumbest kid. And I feel like the only class i sort of get is civ pro, and even that class will require so much studying. And I just don't have enough time. I'm not done with outlines, let alone do I have time to study.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:29 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:I'm outlining property with my friends and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. For some reason I'm just not on the same page as everyone else, and its absurdly frustrating. Like, I'm feeling the desire to just yell and cry. Ugh, officially stressed out. Everyone keeps saying that I did fine last semester, so I probably will again. But last semester I was picking things up faster. This semester, I legit feel like the dumbest kid. And I feel like the only class i sort of get is civ pro, and even that class will require so much studying. And I just don't have enough time. I'm not done with outlines, let alone do I have time to study.
it really is amazing how law school breaks people down. even after doing well and knowing you are doing the right things, law school still makes you feel like you are barely hanging on.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 pm

For MC, is there a glannon guide to contracts? If so, those are good multiple choice questions. Also, use CALI Lessons.

mbusch22

Bronze

Post by mbusch22 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:35 pm

traehekat wrote: it really is amazing how law school breaks people down. even after doing well and knowing you are doing the right things, law school still makes you feel like you are barely hanging on.
+1 on this. And Con Law makes me feel helpless for some reason, which is a miserable feeling.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:45 pm

mbusch22 wrote:
traehekat wrote: it really is amazing how law school breaks people down. even after doing well and knowing you are doing the right things, law school still makes you feel like you are barely hanging on.
+1 on this. And Con Law makes me feel helpless for some reason, which is a miserable feeling.

Did you see the two outlines I posted? One is directly for Eads, and AWESOME.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:47 pm

mbusch22 wrote:
The key to law school is confidence.

Confidence in your study method.
Confidence in your knowledge/application of the law on exams.
Confidence in speaking at moot court/mock trial/anything else.

I think its less that law school breaks people down, and more that law school (similar to most situations of intense stress/physical. mental exhaustion) shows people for who they truly are.

Those who aren't confident in themselves and their own abilities feel the greatest pressure at this time; if that's you, simply recognizing that part of your character and understanding it isn't your knowledge that is lacking but rather just your confidence in that knowledge will go a long way in preparing you not only for the exams now, but also (and more importantly) for the rest of the defining moments you'll face in life.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:47 pm

I think I should just start bringing a sleeping bag to the third floor of my library. Second 14 hour day in a row in approximately 43 minutes.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 pm

beach_terror wrote:I think I should just start bringing a sleeping bag to the third floor of my library. Second 14 hour day in a row in approximately 43 minutes.
there are showers in our first floor bathrooms (don't ask me why, we have no idea why). I've seriously contemplated bringing a sleeping bag. lack of food is the main issue :lol: .

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:09 pm

Always Credited wrote:
mbusch22 wrote:
The key to law school is confidence.

Confidence in your study method.
Confidence in your knowledge/application of the law on exams.
Confidence in speaking at moot court/mock trial/anything else.

I think its less that law school breaks people down, and more that law school (similar to most situations of intense stress/physical. mental exhaustion) shows people for who they truly are.

Those who aren't confident in themselves and their own abilities feel the greatest pressure at this time; if that's you, simply recognizing that part of your character and understanding it isn't your knowledge that is lacking but rather just your confidence in that knowledge will go a long way in preparing you not only for the exams now, but also (and more importantly) for the rest of the defining moments you'll face in life.

Good stuff. I've always considered myself an alpha male but law school definitely made me realize I'm not as smart as I thought I was. It's also testing my limits. And to be frank, I'm beginning to enjoy it a little.....

The pressure is always going to be there especially 1L year since everything (debt) rides on the grades.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”