1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Grizz

Diamond

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Post by Grizz » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Howrey gonna repay our loan moneyzz

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 pm

I've been writing for hrs trying to get my outline into my FRCP book. UGH. SO much for doing sample exams and a mini-outline. Plus my hand hurts.

Omerta

Bronze

Post by Omerta » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:52 pm

rad law wrote:Howrey gonna repay our loan moneyzz
If worse comes to worse would you be interested in starting FL shitlaw firm with me? BIGGRAPESONFLOORLAW

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:53 pm

I hate people. More specifically, I hate people who insist on talking about exams with me right after we take them. Now I feel like crap and I'm totally doubting everything I wrote. So yeah, people suck.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Omerta wrote:
If worse comes to worse would you be interested in starting FL shitlaw firm with me? BIGGRAPESONFLOORLAW
Done and done.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SmittenMitten

Bronze

Post by SmittenMitten » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:06 pm

I just started laughing at this so hard that I started to come undone. My reading-room partner just got up to "go to the bathroom".

SmittenMitten

Bronze

Post by SmittenMitten » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:09 pm

stress vomiting has commenced. Too bad last semester it was like "I only have 8 days to re-look over my totally completed outlines and take practice tests and get 8hrs of sleep" unlike what is happening now which is "I have 8 days to finish this outline, teach myself this material, squeeze in a practice test, sacrifice a lamb and offer to blow somebody for a C+"

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Omerta wrote:
lulz I'm 65% sure I'm going to start FL shitlawl.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:36 pm

SmittenMitten wrote:stress vomiting has commenced. Too bad last semester it was like "I only have 8 days to re-look over my totally completed outlines and take practice tests and get 8hrs of sleep" unlike what is happening now which is "I have 8 days to finish this outline, teach myself this material, squeeze in a practice test, sacrifice a lamb and offer to blow somebody for a C+"
Truthiness! Everyone seems way more behind this semester. Minus those few people who are way more ahead.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Omerta

Bronze

Post by Omerta » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:42 pm

gwuorbust wrote:
Omerta wrote:
lulz I'm 65% sure I'm going to start FL shitlawl.
True story: having half a brain and doing personal injury in FL equals success. I worked for an ID firm and 80% of plaintiff's attorneys were comically inept at everything. They would bring like 15 westlaw printouts during a hearing and lay them out like pokemon cards. "Oh yeah, I counter your MSJ with my TENUOUS PREMISE LIABILITY CASE FROM ALABAMA! My client didn't mention this in the earlier deposition, but my client now has PTSD from the slip and fall; motion to motion to supplement your honor."

But some of the PI lawyers were outstanding at trial and just incredible to watch.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Omerta wrote:
True story: having half a brain and doing personal injury in FL equals success. I worked for an ID firm and 80% of plaintiff's attorneys were comically inept at everything. They would bring like 15 westlaw printouts during a hearing and lay them out like pokemon cards. "Oh yeah, I counter your MSJ with my TENUOUS PREMISE LIABILITY CASE FROM ALABAMA! My client didn't mention this in the earlier deposition, but my client now has PTSD from the slip and fall; motion to motion to supplement your honor."

But some of the PI lawyers were outstanding at trial and just incredible to watch.
lol. I think I know how to get a shit ton of shitlaw clients. the real question I have to ask myself is if I can I live with myself doing PI.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:07 pm

After I'm done with this about an hour til bed, should I: do sample exam, 2 try to really learn res judicada 3. make checklist (which is way long).

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:57 pm

gwuorbust wrote:
Omerta wrote:

lol. I think I know how to get a shit ton of shitlaw clients. the real question I have to ask myself is if I can I live with myself doing PI.

I'm sure his collection of Bentley's, Ferrari's, and M-B's eases the pain.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:26 pm

so what I'm hearing is that shitlaw =

--ImageRemoved--Image

right? right?!? right??!?!?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Thought I was prepared for Civ Pro. Went over some practice exams. Now not so sure.

SmittenMitten

Bronze

Post by SmittenMitten » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:45 pm

gwuorbust wrote:so what I'm hearing is that shitlaw =

no you only get a black or silver ferrari. Come on.

Omerta

Bronze

Post by Omerta » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:53 pm

Owning a Ferrari is so new money.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:15 am

SmittenMitten wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:so what I'm hearing is that shitlaw =

no you only get a black or silver ferrari. Come on.
Alright you convinced me, I guess I'll join you in FL shitlaw and I'll even accept a Porsche instead of a Ferrari as a welcome gift to start off on the right foot.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:33 am

TTH wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
TTH wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:So this year's crim exam was going to be a test that would normally be a four-hour in-class open-book exam, except the teacher was going to give us six hours and make it a take-home because "some students last year feel they didn't have enough time to finish the questions." Since she didn't want this exam to favor people who can think or type quickly, she gave us a fairly strict word limit.

Our class just got an e-mail from her and instead of two big issues spotters, there is going to be one and instead of three short policy questions, there are going to be two. I am going out of my mind. The curve on this exam is going to be the most ridiculous I have ever seen.
Yikes. 97 - A, 96.5 - B-
Exactly. And maybe she just assumes we're completely retarded when it comes to knowing how curves work because she always acts like she's dropping the best news in the world when telling us how much easier to write this exam is going to be compared to last year's.
Make sure every word is gold.

We have a 48-hour take home exam in con law, which last year consisted of four questions, each with a 500-word limit. Given, that I usually crank out 1,500-2,000 words on a one-hour issue spotter, I'm freaking out about the curve in that class, especially since I'm lost in the weeds on the subject matter.
Good god. 48 hours? I have an 8 hour take-home for ConLaw. But it's four 1-hour questions. Well, there's six questions, but we get to pick 4 of the six. So if people are confused by one of them, the'll just leave it out.

I have no idea what that's going to do with the curve. The only thing I have going for me is that nobody really feels like they know what they're doing in that class.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:35 am

geekrocker37 wrote:In terms of covenants, could someone briefly explain horizontal privity? I know that it technically isn't required now for the burden of a covenant to run at law, but what exactly is it? My notes are limited to suggestions of promises occurring in the same time frame, but that could be very far off...
1) Promise on deeds when property is subdivided
2) Landlord/Tenant relationship (old Common Law)

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:36 am

stratocophic wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
stratocophic wrote:Motion to expand the definition of the verb "Latham" to include the thing that is going to happen to my GPA after this round of finals. I can't think of any other word which can adequately convey the depth of my despair. Free-fall is about as close as I can get, but it just doesn't carry the same sense of hopelessness and futility.
"You're GPA's just been Howrey'd"
Amendment to the motion granted. Perfect. My GPA is about to get Howrey'd so hard. Question is, Howrey going to save our pristine GPAs from oblivion and get jobs, PirateCap'n? :cry:
I'll add a :cry: :cry: to that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

YourCaptain

Silver

Post by YourCaptain » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:03 am

any conlaw mastermen care to struggle through some questions with me? pm me.

please :(

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:56 am

3 days to learn a semester of Property. Let's see how this goes...

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Texas can go fuck itself when it comes to proximate cause.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”