1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
GATORTIM

Silver

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Post by GATORTIM » Wed May 11, 2011 9:35 am

i have totally shit the bed this semester

NarwhalPunter

New

Post by NarwhalPunter » Wed May 11, 2011 11:08 am

DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE

Time for a champagne and cigar lunch to celebrate my GPA making like a Cornell student and jumping off a bridge.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Wed May 11, 2011 12:14 pm

NarwhalPunter wrote:DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE

Time for a champagne and cigar lunch to celebrate my GPA making like a Cornell student and jumping off a bridge.
uncalled for

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTTKYhEJx6M

PS - someone sent our property professor a question how we should approach jurisdictional splits in the BLL on the exam, and the professor responded "Property law comes with this variety of alternative approaches in regard to some of the details. Other fields of common law are similar, including torts, contracts, criminal law and procedure, evidence, etc. This variety is part of Federalism, one of the topics studied in Constitutional Law."

I mean I'm sure she's getting at "just apply in the alternative," but still... i've never had a more un-helpful professor in my life, just answer the frickin question

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed May 11, 2011 1:04 pm

how is it not obvious that this is not something you joke about?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed May 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Time for a champagne and cigar lunch
Isn't it nice to be done? I know my GPA just went down the crapper, but it's still good to be finished. Pretty sure the bolded just gave you away though. I've only seen one person holding a bottle in one hand and a cigar in the other today :D

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Wed May 11, 2011 1:49 pm

traehekat wrote:

lol I was actually kidding above

we definitely joke about this a lot

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 pm

mths wrote:
traehekat wrote:

that's supposed to be a GOOD thing?

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Wed May 11, 2011 2:24 pm

traehekat wrote:
mths wrote:
traehekat wrote:

that's supposed to be a GOOD thing?
To be fair, Cornell doesn't actually have a higher suicide rate than most other top undergrads. I think MIT takes the cake. The only real reason it's so hyped up about Cornell is cause people kill themselves dramatically. So, while suicide isn't funny in the least, and we don't in any way make fun of the people that take that unfortunate and drastic step, making fun of Cornell's reputation is both allowed and not looked down on.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Wed May 11, 2011 2:36 pm

traehekat wrote:

How is it obvious that that is something that you don't joke about? I mean, I wouldn't use the joke in a lunch with the Dean, but amongst my friends? Fuck yeah.

Lighten up, holy shit.

IthacaIsWet

New

Post by IthacaIsWet » Wed May 11, 2011 2:47 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
traehekat wrote:

How is it obvious that that is something that you don't joke about? I mean, I wouldn't use the joke in a lunch with the Dean, but amongst my friends? Fuck yeah.

Lighten up, holy shit.
+1

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed May 11, 2011 3:05 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
traehekat wrote:

Lighten up, holy shit.
there is kind of middle area between "lunch with the dean" and "amongst my friends." obv you don't say that shit in front of a dean, and obviously you can say whatever the he'll you want in private with your friends. but this is a public forum, and generally you should refrain from saying/writing politically incorrect or downright insensitive shit (esp when it is more likely ppl will be offended - this is a forum for students, including Cornell students, afterall).

if I wasn't already a pretty laid back guy, I'd lighten up. but since I am, I know that if even I am irked by something someone says, there is prolly something wrong with it.

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Wed May 11, 2011 3:13 pm

traehekat wrote:
BeenDidThat wrote:
traehekat wrote:

Lighten up, holy shit.
there is kind of middle area between "lunch with the dean" and "amongst my friends." obv you don't say that shit in front of a dean, and obviously you can say whatever the he'll you want in private with your friends. but this is a public forum, and generally you should refrain from saying/writing politically incorrect or downright insensitive shit (esp when it is more likely ppl will be offended - this is a forum for students, including Cornell students, afterall).

if I wasn't already a pretty laid back guy, I'd lighten up. but since I am, I know that if even I am irked by something someone says, there is prolly something wrong with it.
Nah son.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Wed May 11, 2011 3:17 pm

traehekat wrote:
BeenDidThat wrote:
traehekat wrote:

Lighten up, holy shit.

cornell student

not offended

NarwhalPunter

New

Post by NarwhalPunter » Wed May 11, 2011 4:05 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:

Isn't it nice to be done? I know my GPA just went down the crapper, but it's still good to be finished. Pretty sure the bolded just gave you away though. I've only seen one person holding a bottle in one hand and a cigar in the other today :D

Outed. Parking lot drinking ftw.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed May 11, 2011 4:25 pm

NarwhalPunter wrote:

:lol: If you're gonna be outed, I definitely can't think of a better way go.
Last edited by PirateCap'n on Thu May 12, 2011 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Wed May 11, 2011 4:44 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
NarwhalPunter wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:

:lol: If you're gonna be outed, I definitely can't think of a better way go.
agreed

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

IthacaIsWet

New

Post by IthacaIsWet » Wed May 11, 2011 5:48 pm

mths wrote:
traehekat wrote:
BeenDidThat wrote:
traehekat wrote: how is it not obvious that this is not something you joke about?

Lighten up, holy shit.

cornell student

not offended
same.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Wed May 11, 2011 6:30 pm

done and drunk!

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:26 pm

how do you study for a closed-book property exam without shoving an ice-pick through your brain? I'm getting nautious trying to comprehend how much law there is to memorize

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:38 pm

uwb09 wrote:how do you study for a closed-book property exam without shoving an ice-pick through your brain? I'm getting nautious trying to comprehend how much law there is to memorize

Make a one page outline with one word to represent each test/rule. Jam it in your head..... that's what I'm doing anyway.

BTW- property always makes me nauseous

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed May 11, 2011 8:40 pm

swc65 wrote:
uwb09 wrote:how do you study for a closed-book property exam without shoving an ice-pick through your brain? I'm getting nautious trying to comprehend how much law there is to memorize

Make a one page outline with one word to represent each test/rule. Jam it in your head..... that's what I'm doing anyway.

+1, that's what I did last semester, worked well.

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Wed May 11, 2011 8:45 pm

traehekat wrote:
swc65 wrote:

+1, that's what I did last semester, worked well.
This is what I did too (I even wrote it out on scratch paper during the first few minutes of the exam and used it as a checklist). I also used the law in a flash cards, which are freaking awesome for property. They're basically a ton of little hypos with answers on the back, so after I studied a section I would do the hypos to reinforce the material and make sure I actually had everything memorized.

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:03 pm

moandersen wrote:done and drunk!

17 hours and I will be there too!!!! Well not physically there, but you get the idea ;)

Chiglaw

New

Post by Chiglaw » Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 pm

11 single spaced pages of facts contracts exam, with every topic covered included, done and done. I think I'd be lucky to have gotten 2/3 of the issues but whatever. Gotta get prepared to be destroyed by con law in ohhh about 36 hours. Then a 24-hour take home on Monday and DONE.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”