1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BarbellDreams

Gold

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:18 pm

dakatz wrote:Almost game time. First exam tomorrow morning so its off to bed. Did better than expected last semester, so I at least have some baseline comfort. But don't wanna get complacent. Gotta really get in the zone for this and finish up strong. Luckily, we have property first, which compared to my other courses this semester seems like the final I will be most comfortable with. So tomorrow, I own property (pardon my cheesy and largely intentional pun) and then its on to the ominous conlaw study marathon.
Good luck. I enjoyed the pun.

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:21 pm

dakatz wrote:Almost game time. First exam tomorrow morning so its off to bed. Did better than expected last semester, so I at least have some baseline comfort.
I dunno if this helps, really.

Last semester I was just like "well, I either do well enough to keep my scholarship or I drop out. NBD," and I ended up doing better than I thought I would.

Now I'll feel like a big shithead if I do worse than I did last semester.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:24 pm

td6624 wrote:
dakatz wrote:Almost game time. First exam tomorrow morning so its off to bed. Did better than expected last semester, so I at least have some baseline comfort.

Last semester I was just like "well, I either do well enough to keep my scholarship or I drop out. NBD," and I ended up doing better than I thought I would.

Not saying I won't be pretty devastated if I don't do as well. But last semester was all guessing. I would take practice exams and say to myself "maybe I'm distinguishing myself or maybe everyone else is coming up with the exact same points and I'm total median". Yet every test I said that for I did well on. There isn't as much guessing because I can at least tell myself that, if I did it once, I can do it again. Sure, I will feel crappy if I let myself down. But when I step into that room tomorrow, with all the nerves flowing, and the crazy tense atmosphere, I know I can do it, whereas last time I really wasn't sure.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:27 pm

kalvano wrote:
mbusch22 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
mbusch22 wrote:I wrote about 8000 on a 3.5 hour exam last semester. But it was truly a racehorse style issue spotter, so speed was given priority over in-depth analysis. Got me an A, although a lot of my typing was superfluous as some paragraphs didn't get any points tallied next to them.

Crespi or Old Boe?
Krespi. I've almost given up on Boe for the night, not sure what to do anymore.
What would a reasonable person do under the same or similar circumstances?
They would demonstrate ordinary care but needless to say, litigation would ensue

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Celotex = legal equivalent of "TITS OR GTFO."

Enjoy that yall.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:07 am

td6624 wrote:

+1

Going into finals, I almost feel like I've overstayed my welcome at the craps table and I'm going to lose it all... yet, if I know I've done it once, I should be able to do it again. It's a massive mindfuck.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:24 am

I am not even done outlining yet. This semester is really scary going into finals.

First exam [con law] on tuesday--8 hr take home

then 5 days till closed book K's and 3 days after tht open book property

my plan is to have all my outlines done by Saturday night and devote Sunday and Monday to ConLaw practice and reading the constitution 100 times. After con law, I will split my days 6 hrs a piece to K's and Property [flashcards and practice tests] leading up to K's...the day before K's Ill switch to ONLY K's..and then the 3 days before property, obviously, all property

If I can manage to finish my outlines by Saturday night I may actually not flunk out of law school..but I am SO BEHIND on my outlines its not even funny

I am actually considering skipping outlining for K's and just doing straight up flashcard review along with practice tests---is this a recipe for disaster?

mbusch22

Bronze

Post by mbusch22 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:42 am

keg411 wrote: Going into finals, I almost feel like I've overstayed my welcome at the craps table and I'm going to lose it all... yet, if I know I've done it once, I should be able to do it again. It's a massive mindfuck.
This is exactly how I feel.

Mroberts3

Bronze

Post by Mroberts3 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 am

mbusch22 wrote:
keg411 wrote: Going into finals, I almost feel like I've overstayed my welcome at the craps table and I'm going to lose it all... yet, if I know I've done it once, I should be able to do it again. It's a massive mindfuck.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:56 am

dakatz wrote: But when I step into that room tomorrow, with all the nerves flowing, and the crazy tense atmosphere, I know I can do it, whereas last time I really wasn't sure.
i guess that's true. and that might be why i'm laying in bed watching hockey right now instead of studying. or my laziness has just consumed me.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:40 am

Tomorrow, I'm going to learn Property...

evilxs

Bronze

Post by evilxs » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:56 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
solotee wrote:Just finished a 4 hour con law exam.

My outline made a large thump when I tossed it in the trash. I am so happy I don't have to think about con law anymore. That was seriously the most most brutal class.
Must be nice. Ours is divided into two classes (both required): one during 1L and the other can be taken either during 2L or 3L. It's like they want to keep Con Law on ours minds the entire time we're in law school.

x2, I have this hell all over again in fall.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:08 am

Holly Golightly wrote:Tomorrow, I'm going to learn Property...
Property in 5 lines:

1. If you just live on some land long enough its yours forever, if you find an item then just don't freaking tell anybody
2. in the future, everything is either completely yours, or it might be yours, or its not yours
3. if you don't like your landlord then just move out, if you share land with a spouse, divorce them NOW
4. forge written agreements so you can extort your neighbors for cash monies instead of just injucting
5. If a nuisance/regulation fact pattern makes you go "wtf seriously?" then it's a taking/unreasonable
Last edited by Mickey Quicknumbers on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

YourCaptain

Silver

Post by YourCaptain » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:33 am

rad law wrote:Celotex = legal equivalent of "TITS OR GTFO."

Enjoy that yall.
Closer to "I'm not seeing what you think is worth my time. Andddddd you don't have the money or looks to get in here otherwise. LOL."

IthacaIsWet

New

Post by IthacaIsWet » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:35 am

Mroberts3 wrote:
mbusch22 wrote:
+1

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:51 am

Exams start today.

Holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 am

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
Property in 5 lines:

1. If you just live on some land long enough its yours forever, if you find an item then just don't freaking tell anybody
2. in the future, everything is either completely yours, or it might be yours, or its not yours
3. if you don't like your landlord then just move out, if you share land with a spouse, divorce them NOW
4. forge written agreements so you can extort your neighbors for cash monies instead of just injucting
5. If a nuisance/regulation fact pattern makes you go "wtf seriously?" then it's a taking/unreasonable
Well done, this made me laugh uncontrollably (another sign that I have finally cracked?).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:58 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
Property in 5 lines:

Well done, this made me laugh uncontrollably (another sign that I have finally cracked?).
I didn't get a few of those, which is a sign I am fucked.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:29 pm

rad law wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
Property in 5 lines:

I didn't get a few of those, which is a sign I am fucked.
Its ok, half the terms we learned from ConLaw never really registered but our entire test is only 1 question relating to 1 issue and he tells you what the issue is so I'm just banking on not getting something I have never heard of before.

On a related note, I have a friend who is a 2L and told me that his prof in Civ Pro told him to only study Erie, how important Erie is and how everything revolves around Erie. When he sat down on the exam and flipped it open his immediate reaction was "Subject Matter Jurisdiction? What the fuck is subject matter jurisdiction?".

SmittenMitten

Bronze

Post by SmittenMitten » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Property in 5 lines:

my property is 60 multiple choice.

any suggestions?

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Someone might have already posted this but there are a lot of pages to go through here...does anyone have an attack outline for contracts? One that is about a page? Let me know...thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:56 pm

SmittenMitten wrote:
Property in 5 lines:

my property is 60 multiple choice.

any suggestions?
Pray to your deity of choice.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Property tomorrow. Had an amazing review session today (yes, I know you guys are reading this :D); yet I still feel like I'm going to puke.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Well I've been staring at civpro for several hours now

so far no progress

I guess I should actually start reading it

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Anyone have some solid future interest problems with answers they can send me?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”