1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mbusch22

Bronze

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Post by mbusch22 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:58 pm

i.....i just don't get it. typing as hard as you can definitely slows you down. so why are you doing it? does it make you feel more productive? "I'll show YOU who knows the law, pesky keyboard!" 12 more days.... 12 more days....

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:05 pm

So confused... help please! So, if we have diversity jurisdiction. Then D adds in a 3rd party D. And that 3rd party D sues the Plaintiff, then can the plaintiff then sue him? I know P is barred from suing the 3rd party D first, but doesn't that change if the 3rd party D sues the Plaintiff?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:19 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:So confused... help please! So, if we have diversity jurisdiction. Then D adds in a 3rd party D. And that 3rd party D sues the Plaintiff, then can the plaintiff then sue him? I know P is barred from suing the 3rd party D first, but doesn't that change if the 3rd party D sues the Plaintiff?
Depending on what jx you are in, P may be able to bring compulsory counterclaims. He can always sue in state court.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:44 pm

rad law wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:So confused... help please! So, if we have diversity jurisdiction. Then D adds in a 3rd party D. And that 3rd party D sues the Plaintiff, then can the plaintiff then sue him? I know P is barred from suing the 3rd party D first, but doesn't that change if the 3rd party D sues the Plaintiff?
Depending on what jx you are in, P may be able to bring compulsory counterclaims. He can always sue in state court.
Is this this thing where there is no answer. Rule 14 allows this under 13(a) - but, then 1367 says no, so no real answer?

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Soooo...random question. All of my professors this year are fairly new and refuse to give out more than one practice exam. I'm taking both this week, sending them to my TAs to review, and then that'll be it. Should I try to take other professor's exams teaching the same class? I've looked at other exams and their structure is completely different than my professors' exams, and the material coverage tends to be different as well. Thoughts? Last semester I literately had unlimited practice exams (only took about 2 per class though).

P.S. This semester blows. 12 days until my first final of the semester, and 18 days until it is all over.
Last edited by as stars burn on Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:54 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
rad law wrote:
Is this this thing where there is no answer. Rule 14 allows this under 13(a) - but, then 1367 says no, so no real answer?
I think 1367 is controlling here. I think P would have to sue the TPD separately if the TPD would destroy diversity. Is that what you're asking?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:12 pm

as stars burn wrote:Soooo...random question. All of my professors this year are fairly new and refuse to give out more than one practice exam. I'm taking both this week, sending them to my TAs to review, and then that'll be it. Should I try to take other professor's exams teaching the same class? I've looked at other exams and their structure is completely different than my professors' exams, and the material coverage tends to be different as well. Thoughts? Last semester I literately had unlimited practice exams (only took about 2 per class though).

P.S. This semester blows. 12 days until my first final of the semester, and 18 days until it is all over.
I wouldn't take other classes PT's if they are different. Profs. write the fact patterns to bring up the law they taught you, and if you didn't learn it they way they taught it, you might get frustrated. Maybe an exception for torts here because it's so fundamental and easy.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
rad law wrote:
I think 1367 is controlling here. I think P would have to sue the TPD separately if the TPD would destroy diversity. Is that what you're asking?
Sort of. My teacher said something about, because it's a counterclaim than you can. I'm just going to write both things on my exam if it comes up I think.

As for PT's, only do them if they seem relevant to your class. Or, try to make them relevant, by perhaps only bringing up things you did, answering the way your teacher would want you to.

Omerta

Bronze

Post by Omerta » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:08 pm

rad law wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Soooo...random question. All of my professors this year are fairly new and refuse to give out more than one practice exam. I'm taking both this week, sending them to my TAs to review, and then that'll be it. Should I try to take other professor's exams teaching the same class? I've looked at other exams and their structure is completely different than my professors' exams, and the material coverage tends to be different as well. Thoughts? Last semester I literately had unlimited practice exams (only took about 2 per class though).

I wouldn't take other classes PT's if they are different. Profs. write the fact patterns to bring up the law they taught you, and if you didn't learn it they way they taught it, you might get frustrated. Maybe an exception for torts here because it's so fundamental and easy.
Disagree slightly. IMO it's only worth fully writing out exams you get from your professor, but outlining/issue spotting other exams is a good pre-exam day activity that isn't too draining.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mbusch22

Bronze

Post by mbusch22 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:26 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:Just pounded the entire Chemerinsky supplement (thru the 10 chapters that the course covered) from 11 am to now. Third time Ive done that this semester, but the first time in one sitting minus eating and restroom breaks. Omg i am exhausted, but I think Im ready...hopefully.
Did that help solidify a lot of stuff? I'm planning on doing this next weekend. For some reason con law just doesn't stay with me. I've made flowcharts, outlines, mini outlines, and read chem. I just never feel comfortable enough with it. Maybe it's my aversion to politics.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:28 pm

I feel like I'm ready for property. I say: Bring It!

watch me eat my words tomorrow around 5:15 when I log back into TLS

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Omerta wrote:
rad law wrote:

Disagree slightly. IMO it's only worth fully writing out exams you get from your professor, but outlining/issue spotting other exams is a good pre-exam day activity that isn't too draining.
As someone who balled out 1st semester, I'll defer to you. Also, your advice to me has been helpful, I think haha.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:47 pm

I hate Torts.

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Tomorrow I will be halfway done with finals, and completely done by Friday afternoon whoooo

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:I hatemiss Torts.
FTFM

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:52 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:I hate miss Torts.
FTFM

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:53 pm

romothesavior wrote:
FTFM

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:56 pm

traehekat wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
FTFM
BTW, thanks for pointing out that LN crim outline to me. It has been golden.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:06 pm

How a decent portion of my day was spent:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15951/Crim%20Flowcharts.jpg

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Got a really easy Crim Pro hypo wrong today, all confidence is now lost :)

IthacaIsWet

New

Post by IthacaIsWet » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:11 pm

traehekat wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
FTFM

IthacaIsWet

New

Post by IthacaIsWet » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Helmholtz wrote:How a decent portion of my day was spent:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15951/Crim%20Flowcharts.jpg
Shit, thanks for this.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:I hate Torts.

I love torts. Every answer is basically "what would a reasonable person under the circumstances do?"

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”