Our student advisor told us we should make 50 page outlines.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
beach_terror

Re: Our student advisor told us we should make 50 page outlines.

Postby beach_terror » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:33 am

+1 to making your own and +1 to not adhering to arbitrary page limits

For me, personally, shorter outlines that are highly organized that just go over BLL/relevant case law are perfect. My crim midterm outline was wordier (and I tried some of the pre-typed blurbs), and it didn't work for me.

There's no one right answer. Learning the law is a very active process, so us 1L's still do not have a "best way" yet. The more I read and outline, the more I want to change on the older versions of my outlines.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:13 am

beach_terror wrote:There's no one right answer. Learning the law is a very active process, so us 1L's still do not have a "best way" yet. The more I read and outline, the more I want to change on the older versions of my outlines.

+1. I re-worked my early outlines in both CivPro and Contracts and I'm sure I'll re-work them even more before the semester is over. The only one I've kept from the beginning is Torts.

wreckem

Postby wreckem » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:33 pm

You should only cite case names if your professor wants them.

I for example have a take home Civ Pro Exam. It will be in memo form and requires citation(not in blue book form though).

If your professor doesn't require cites, don't cite.

Outline length should vary, not by subject but by subject and who you have. Some need to be more thorough and detailed. Others not so much. My Civ Pro should be detailed and well organized, my contracts will be short and concise.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”