audio casebooks

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
brewinbruin

audio casebooks

Postby brewinbruin » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:50 am

does anyone have experience with audio casebooks? i want to get one for my commute, and I'm looking specifically at one for civ pro. the two best ones seem to be sum and substance, and aspen's audiobook. anyone have experience with these?

king3780

Re: audio casebooks

Postby king3780 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Audio casebooks? I'm not familiar with Aspen, but Sum and Substance isn't really a casebook. I would characterize it more as a supplement, along the lines of Examples and Explanations, but without the questions. That being said, I used Sum and Substance for Civ Pro and it absolutely saved my life. The key, though, is actually carving out time to listen to them. The whole set is 10 hrs. I managed to get through the whole thing twice and parts of it a third time, but it took some planning and effort to focus... you can't get the nuances he's teaching if you're sitting on your couch looking around the apartment while you trying to listen. How far is your commute? If it's short, that could be a problem b/c you'll stop in the middle of a concept and then have to go back when you get back in the car.

TL, DR: S&S for Civ Pro is AMAZING!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”