Had my first mid-term today

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LAWYER2

Had my first mid-term today

Postby LAWYER2 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:09 am

...........Fifteen MBE questions and four part, two page essay! For some reason I didn't think it was that tough until I got out of class and heard everyone else moan about it. I do however think I sucked at the IRAC structure. We'll see 8)

Gatriel

Re: Had my first mid-term today

Postby Gatriel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:55 am

I hope ya did well. Does your prof use mid-terms for discretionary points? I had my first last week, and a CivPro midterm on Monday. This one dumb girl didn't install examsoft until she walked into the room, so she started to cry and had to bluebook it. lol @ stupid people. At least they hold the curve down.

abudaba

Postby abudaba » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:33 am

from all accounts- I've heard when you walk out of an exam thinking it wasnt hard its quite possible that you missed a major issue with lots of ambiguities and therefore lots of points

BUT- I just got a midterm back and had the same reaction as you (which concerned me at first for the above reason) and I ended up doing really well. So who knows! Enjoy the suspense :P

toolfan

Postby toolfan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:10 am

IRAC is a bunch of shit, anyways.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:29 am

i had a midterm returned this week. 20% of our grade, just a one hour issue spotter. our legal writing teaches CREAC but I wrote my midterm like an outline format/shotgun/say every tort i could think of and rack up points and i did fairly well.

LAWYER2

Postby LAWYER2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:25 pm

abudaba wrote:from all accounts- I've heard when you walk out of an exam thinking it wasnt hard its quite possible that you missed a major issue with lots of ambiguities and therefore lots of points

sadly I've thought about this, but still holding out for the positive! It was a crazy two page 4 section hypo that was just all over the map. I threw every contract rule I could think of at it, so we'll see what sticks!

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:56 am

LAWYER2 wrote:
abudaba wrote:from all accounts- I've heard when you walk out of an exam thinking it wasnt hard its quite possible that you missed a major issue with lots of ambiguities and therefore lots of points

sadly I've thought about this, but still holding out for the positive! It was a crazy two page 4 section hypo that was just all over the map. I threw every contract rule I could think of at it, so we'll see what sticks!

I walked out thinking I did pretty well and I did. maybe you had the same thing happen.

rdcws000

Postby rdcws000 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:07 pm

LAWYER2 wrote:...........Fifteen MBE questions and four part, two page essay! For some reason I didn't think it was that tough until I got out of class and heard everyone else moan about it. I do however think I sucked at the IRAC structure. We'll see 8)

I watched many of my classmates go over each question in the exam as a group afterwards, arguing about this point and that, and it was very painful for me. I know some are more social than me, but it appeared to me that discussing the exam afterwards can only bring misery to all those involved. I avoided it. I have already done as well or as poorly as I am going to do. I'll evaluate when I get a grade!

LAWYER2

Postby LAWYER2 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:03 pm

I got a B, on that tough midterm!
Last edited by LAWYER2 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:02 pm

LAWYER2 wrote:I got a B, that tough midterm!

so did everybody else

LAWYER2

Postby LAWYER2 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:21 pm

usuaggie wrote:
LAWYER2 wrote:I got a B, that tough midterm!

so did everybody else

nope there were plenty D's, C's, Few B's and a handful of A's :wink:

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”