Octoberwhelming Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jkay

Bronze

Re: Octoberwhelming

Post by jkay » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:13 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Our legal writing professor said that if you arent done with multiple drafts of all your outlines by now you are way behind. Girls started crying after class. I laughed.
This brought a tear of happiness to my eye.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:11 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Our legal writing professor said that if you arent done with multiple drafts of all your outlines by now you are way behind. Girls started crying after class. I laughed.
W.T.F. That's the exact opposite of my school, where the the profs specifically tried to persuade us that fall break is far too early for outlining...

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:13 pm

+1

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:43 pm

JazzOne wrote:
+1
I started two weeks before exam period. I'm just outside top 5% at a T30, and I'm not a genius. Your legal writing adjunct's an alarmist douche.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:42 pm

goosey wrote:8 weeks till finals..and what makes it worse is that I feel like it was just yesterday that I was thinking "omg its almost october" and we're already 5 days into it. time is flying way too fast..and im starting to feel like i'll never finish everything i want to finish
You would likely have more time to get stuff done if you weren't wasting all your time fretting. I think every post I've ever read from you has been filled with concern, worry, and fear.

And I don't mean that to be a jerk. Relaaaax and try to enjoy yourself a little

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stocksly33

Bronze

Post by stocksly33 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:17 am

romothesavior wrote:
goosey wrote:8 weeks till finals..and what makes it worse is that I feel like it was just yesterday that I was thinking "omg its almost october" and we're already 5 days into it. time is flying way too fast..and im starting to feel like i'll never finish everything i want to finish
You would likely have more time to get stuff done if you weren't wasting all your time fretting. I think every post I've ever read from you has been filled with concern, worry, and fear.

And I don't mean that to be a jerk. Relaaaax and try to enjoy yourself a little
word... some stress is healthy, but too much gets in the way. i say, take time to reflect and check your shit, create a little stress in pushing yourself to work harder, but after that calm down and focus on studying. and try to truly relax during your downtime, so you don't burn out.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:45 am

Starting to worry too. I feel like I'm not getting everything I should be getting from the readings.

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:27 am

zeth006 wrote:Starting to worry too. I feel like I'm not getting everything I should be getting from the readings.
I've started doing supplements and reading more black letter law. It might not all be on the test, and I'm not memorizing, but I think it helps me spot things more easily.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Ersatz Haderach wrote:
zeth006 wrote:Starting to worry too. I feel like I'm not getting everything I should be getting from the readings.
I've started doing supplements and reading more black letter law. It might not all be on the test, and I'm not memorizing, but I think it helps me spot things more easily.
I'm probably going to look into supplements this weekend.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:27 pm

I've found supplements to be thoroughly useless except for the ones that have sample questions
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Borhas wrote:I've found supplements to be thoroughly useless except for the ones that have sample questions

me too. Well..except for crim---the understanding book by dressler is basically teaching me crim law. I use the e&e for civ pro for practice and dont touch a supplement for torts since my professor is like The King of Torts.

considering reading parts of the restatement though because I am starting to get super confused, and he seems to always agree with the restatement

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Borhas wrote:I've found supplements to be thoroughly useless except for the ones that have sample questions
Probably a good sign if my assumption is correct that you understand everything that's being taught in class. Practice questions and hypos are going to constitute a decent chunk of our test prep.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”