Summon: Gunners

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Canez

Summon: Gunners

Postby Canez » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 am

I have a 9 day Fall Break starting next week. What should I do?

TTH

Re: Summon: Gunners

Postby TTH » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:21 am

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:21 am

get yourself ready for after the break.
then relax

bleedcubbieblue

Postby bleedcubbieblue » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:31 am

Over my break I'm going to try to:

1. memorize my outlines
2. write out a few hypos
3. finish up a memo that is due right after break is over
4. try to push a week ahead so I won't have to stress about the readings once late Nov. hits
5. watch some football and drink when I have time....

BU2013

Postby BU2013 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:31 am

Step 1: Go to Wal-Mart/Target/Sports Authority.

Step 2: Pick up a 10-25lb free weight.

Step 3: Sit down on a chair in your house.

Step 4: Raise weight over your head.

Step 5: Lower weight to your waist.

Step 6: Repeat Steps four and five eight hours a day for all 9 days.

Step 7: Admire your ripped new gunning arm!

If you really want to make it productive, you can shout "Oh, Oh, Professor!" while doing it.

savagedm

Postby savagedm » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:27 pm

BU2013 wrote:Step 1: Go to Wal-Mart/Target/Sports Authority.

Step 2: Pick up a 10-25lb free weight.

Step 3: Sit down on a chair in your house.

Step 4: Raise weight over your head.

Step 5: Lower weight to your waist.

Step 6: Repeat Steps four and five eight hours a day for all 9 days.

Step 7: Admire your ripped new gunning arm!

If you really want to make it productive, you can shout "Oh, Oh, Professor!" while doing it.

TITMFCR

Amy wineBerry

Postby Amy wineBerry » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm uber envious of those with fall breaks. If only I were so lucky :|

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:50 pm

So over fall break I have seen a great many people in the library for large chunks of time.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:58 pm

are they actually studying? or are they making plans for the evening, while pretending to study ( and psyche out other classmates)?

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:02 pm

I wish I had a fall break...we have nothing off until Thanksgiving...take the time and enjoy it! And study a bit too...

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:04 pm

northwood wrote:are they actually studying? or are they making plans for the evening, while pretending to study ( and psyche out other classmates)?

they be studying. they are legion. be afraid

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Doritos wrote:So over fall break I have seen a great many people in the library for large chunks of time.

That's surprising. I was starting to feel like I was in the minority of LS students just by staying in the same city as my law school during fall recess.

Oban

Postby Oban » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:33 am

People who study hardcore in the library during fall break are doomed for bottom 10 percent. Ignore them. They are either so far behind they wont catch up or they are uber gunners who will burn out.

The people who take that wild road trip to a college foot ball game, the people that spend some time away from the law with non law school friends and family, the people that go on 3 day Modern Warfare binge, the people that do shrooms in the woods, the people that comeback with a clear and freshed mind and ready to pwn everyone, these are the people that you need to watch out for.

go4hls

Postby go4hls » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Doritos wrote:So over fall break I have seen a great many people in the library for large chunks of time.

That's surprising. I was starting to feel like I was in the minority of LS students just by staying in the same city as my law school during fall recess.

+1

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:24 pm

if you have to study hard during fall break, then you probably dropped the ball somewhere before break.

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:26 pm

I spend part of fall and spring breaks outlining, but it's by no means necessary.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:35 pm

Oban wrote:People who study hardcore in the library during fall break are doomed for bottom 10 percent. Ignore them. They are either so far behind they wont catch up or they are uber gunners who will burn out.

The people who take that wild road trip to a college foot ball game, the people that spend some time away from the law with non law school friends and family, the people that go on 3 day Modern Warfare binge, the people that do shrooms in the woods, the people that comeback with a clear and freshed mind and ready to pwn everyone, these are the people that you need to watch out for.

Doomed for bottom 10%? It surprises me that studying a lot leads to being doomed. I personally have been studying 7-10 hours a day for most of break but have had ample time to get drunk/go out/play video games/movies. I call it being efficient and I by no means feel burnt out, in fact I feel better now than I have all year. I mean if you sleep 8 hours a night that leaves you 18 hours a day to study/have a blast. After putting in a long day at the library I still have half my day left to enjoy brah. If I end up bottom 10% I'll start a thread and let you know, though.

firebreathingliberal

Postby firebreathingliberal » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:52 am

18+8 = 26...

there are only 24 hours in a day, no matter how you cut it... brah

Anyway, I'll probably stay in the city of my school but spend at least 4 days watching Dexter and Arrested Development until my eyes fall out of my head. Then once my brain reboots I'll get my outlines started.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:02 am

Doritos wrote:
Oban wrote:People who study hardcore in the library during fall break are doomed for bottom 10 percent. Ignore them. They are either so far behind they wont catch up or they are uber gunners who will burn out.

Doomed for bottom 10%? It surprises me that studying a lot leads to being doomed. I personally have been studying 7-10 hours a day for most of break but have had ample time to get drunk/go out/play video games/movies. I call it being efficient and I by no means feel burnt out, in fact I feel better now than I have all year. I mean if you sleep 8 hours a night that leaves you 18 hours a day to study/have a blast. After putting in a long day at the library I still have half my day left to enjoy brah. If I end up bottom 10% I'll start a thread and let you know, though.

Lol anyone who can't correctly subtract 8 from 24 is doomed for bottom 10%

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:16 am

Mike12188 wrote:
Doritos wrote:

Lol anyone who can't correctly subtract 8 from 24 is doomed for bottom 10%

Lol dammit, I was kinda drunk.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”