Take Home Exams with Word Limits Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
GeePee

Silver

Take Home Exams with Word Limits

Post by GeePee » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Slowly, I'm learning that a majority of my exams will be take home with a rather long time limit (6-8 hours). Also, all of these take-homes will have word limits (1500-2500 words).

Should these types of exams be approached differently in terms of how to study/think about law school exam-taking? Has anyone found learning for a take-home/word limit exam to be different? Everyone always says to be learning for the exam, and to go out and learn how to take law school exams, and I was wondering if the advice differed at all for these types of exams. It seems like this brings luck into the picture a lot more and compacts the differences between answers.

go4hls

New

Re: Take Home Exams with Word Limits

Post by go4hls » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:35 pm

GeePee wrote:Slowly, I'm learning that a majority of my exams will be take home with a rather long time limit (6-8 hours). Also, all of these take-homes will have word limits (1500-2500 words).

Should these types of exams be approached differently in terms of how to study/think about law school exam-taking? Has anyone found learning for a take-home/word limit exam to be different? Everyone always says to be learning for the exam, and to go out and learn how to take law school exams, and I was wondering if the advice differed at all for these types of exams. It seems like this brings luck into the picture a lot more and compacts the differences between answers.
I would like to know an answer to this as well.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”