Can I quit my (secondary) journal? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JG Hall

Bronze

Can I quit my (secondary) journal?

Post by JG Hall » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Hate it. Hate the work. Hate the people.

Can I quit without fucking up the offers I have?

2011Law

Silver

Re: Can I quit my (secondary) journal?

Post by 2011Law » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Not in law school yet so I don't have an answer for you OP, but goddamn what a bunch of giant douches those 3L losers at UVA moot court are, no offense to the rest of the law school.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:02 pm

I think it's widely accepted that the UVA 3L's went about things the wrong way, but the concerns underlying their actions have some merit, right? You don't want people committing to an activity just to put it on their resume, then resigning en masse once they get offers.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:11 pm

MrKappus wrote:I think it's widely accepted that the UVA 3L's went about things the wrong way, but the concerns underlying their actions have some merit, right? You don't want people committing to an activity just to put it on their resume, then resigning en masse once they get offers.
The concerns underlying the actions of the UVA 3Ls are not concerns that should concern the UVA 3Ls. There are many things those guys should be tasked with; spot checking resumes should not be one of them.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:13 pm

^ You missed my point. Their concern(s), i.e., a dearth of 2L participants, is valid. Their actions (e.g., spot-checking resumes) were wrongheaded.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”