SLS 2L - help with choosing classes

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SLS_transfer12

SLS 2L - help with choosing classes

Postby SLS_transfer12 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:41 pm

This is a question specifically for any Stanford 2 or 3Ls out there, although anyone's welcome to chime in, of course.

I'm a transfer, and I'm still figuring out what to take this quarter. I'm interested in corporate/transactional law, so I know I want to take corporations, bankruptcy and tax at some point. Right now, I'm signed up for corporations with Daines, who I heard was really tough.

I'm guessing corporations, tax and bankruptcy all in one quarter would be overkill, right? I'm thinking I'll take corporations, and then either tax (Bankman) or bankruptcy (Cole). To help me decide which, any thoughts on the classes (either at Stanford or elsewhere) or the professors are very appreciated! :P

legends159

Re: SLS 2L - help with choosing classes

Postby legends159 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:36 pm

corporations isn't really that much work. it's a bit of reading and side assignments but the exam is mostly multiple choice and there are tons of good outline online.

I would take the three next quarter because winter quarter has some really good classes. You could always wait till spring to take corporations if you're afraid of the work. I'd take capital markets with grundfest too if he's teaching.

SLS_transfer12

Re: SLS 2L - help with choosing classes

Postby SLS_transfer12 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Thanks for the advice Legends. I was also wondering, how many courses do you usually take a quarter - 3 or 4? I've been afraid to ask, because I don't want to look lazy...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”