Torts - Help studying!

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Torts - Help studying!

Postby Lion8974 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:53 pm

I'm confused as to whether or not I should re-read the cases from the beginning (about 300 pages) today or just spend time focusing on the black letter law and reading the supplements? Could you neglect reading the casebook and get an A just by reading the E&E and Hornbook? Is re-reading the casebook from the beginning a stupid decision? Just freaking out, ya know. The professor has only expressly told us to keep about 3 cases in mind otherwise we should just be extracting the law from the cases.

So, what I've come to decide is the best method for approaching Torts is to read the cases through the case summary book that is keyed to my casebook, skim over cases, and do the corresponding sections of the E&E. My professor goes over about 10-15 cases in a 2 hour class.

Re: Torts - Help studying!

Postby beach_terror » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:15 am

You've gone over 300 pages already? We're only at page 91 right now. Holy crap.

Sorry, not helpful, just observing.

Postby dakatz » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:33 am

Good lord, 15 cases in 2 hrs? Our entire 3 week chunk of intentional torts didn't even have 15 cases combined. I wouldn't go back and re-read them. Just check over your briefs and see what the important principles and rules are. Just a quick re-read of the pertinent facts should jog your memory.

Postby underdawg » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:58 pm

once you know the BLL from supps and whatnot, and have finished whatever unit you're on (i.e. "intentional torts"), reading cases becomes a lot faster. while i'm not a fan of briefing cases and whatnot, i always end up re-reading every single one.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”