LEEWS, can you listen to it while driving? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
burtonrideclub

Bronze

LEEWS, can you listen to it while driving?

Post by burtonrideclub » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:32 pm

I think I could make my commute time more effective by ordering those cd's and listening to them, but can you get anything out of it if you aren't following along and referring to charts every 5 minutes?

Don't want to cause an 18 car pile up due to gunning...

savagedm

Bronze

Re: LEEWS, can you listen to it while driving?

Post by savagedm » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm pretty sure, assuming you have the self-control to not try and take notes on every word said as is common with gunners, you should be perfectly safe listening to an audio file while you drive.

HTH

MPMP

New

Post by MPMP » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Not sure if Savage realizes you are supposed to use diagrams and stuff as you go ... but just maybe take a glance at the diagrams before, and maybe after, and it should be OK. Not ideal, but you should be able to make sense of it. He describes everything in the diagram, it just helps to have something to see.

savagedm

Bronze

Post by savagedm » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:00 pm

MPMP wrote:Not sure if Savage realizes you are supposed to use diagrams and stuff as you go ... but just maybe take a glance at the diagrams before, and maybe after, and it should be OK. Not ideal, but you should be able to make sense of it. He describes everything in the diagram, it just helps to have something to see.
Waiting till mid oct to do it, so you called it MPMP. But just listening to it shouldnt be harmful, at least when you go through it again you'll have an idea wtf you are doing.

jdubb990

Bronze

Post by jdubb990 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:30 am

He also asks you to write things out. To get the most out of it you'll need to have your hands free.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RickyMack

New

Post by RickyMack » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:03 am

No you can't, I tried during my 20 min commutes to work. you'll hear a bunch of "stop"...."continue." that and it was difficult, for me at least, to concentrate on driving while concentrating on what he said in any meaningful way.

though i did have a fun time commenting out loud to myself how much of a prick his attitude makes him sound like.

it does give me a good way to think about exams.

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:35 pm

burtonrideclub wrote:I think I could make my commute time more effective by ordering those cd's and listening to them, but can you get anything out of it if you aren't following along and referring to charts every 5 minutes?

Don't want to cause an 18 car pile up due to gunning...
Listening to Leews is not gunning.
True gunning is taking notes on leews even though he tells you not to repeatedly.

xiening

New

Post by xiening » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 am

My approach is on the first time you did Leews, try to do that on the library. The reason is because Miller requires you to pause the podcast, flip the page, think, even use the pen to write a paragraph...All these tasks is not feasible when you driving. However, after you done your first round, then you may listen the cds while you driving.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”