Should I start reading hornbooks

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Re: Should I start reading hornbooks

Postby 20160810 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:25 am

zeth006 wrote:
SBL wrote::shock:

Awww c'mon! It's not that bad!

No. Finishing outlines for all 1L classes in September really, really, really is that bad. Go out. Right now. Drink a beer.

zeth006

Re: Should I start reading hornbooks

Postby zeth006 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:15 pm

SBL wrote:
zeth006 wrote:
SBL wrote::shock:

Awww c'mon! It's not that bad!

No. Finishing outlines for all 1L classes in September really, really, really is that bad. Go out. Right now. Drink a beer.

Did a bit of both last weekend.

I admit squeezing in outlining into my schedule can be a pain in the ass. But outline #2 isn't too bad as I'm using an old outline by an anonymous submitter who seems much better at organizing everything than I or the other submitters are.

Outline #3 for Civ Pro is going to be harder as I don't have a a recent outline from the past (or future) that helps me sum up the trends in notice pleading in the aftermath of Iqpal/Krupski/Twombly.

But I must say that I had a hard time "getting" that class until I started noticing stuff the prof keeps repeating. It's definitely not going to be an easy ride, which is why I'm probably going to have to post in this section for this topic the most.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”